Syd and Vaughn

Before Vaughn leaves Lauren (i'm sure he will), i think he should have an affair with Syd. If this h

• They should have a hot steamy affair!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • They should wait until after Lauren goes.

• They should kill Lauren first.

• Sydney should have a fling with Sark instead!

• Nothing should happen between them ever again!

• I dunno

• None

• Other

• Total voters
parisMalias said:
hell with all this moral stuff about marriage it's all a show in the end
However, Sydney is a moral character and simply having an affair with Vaughn is out of character for her--unless she suffers horribly for doing that. I don't think I want to see her more depressed than she already is, thanks. You can wish for characters to do whatever you want--and go ahead, write fanfic and make them do it all you want. But if characters actually do act out of character all the time, a series falls apart--as would Alias if Sydney and Vaughn were to simply go skipping off into the sunset leaving Lauren forgotten in the dust.
;)

I think something a lot of people forget is that the reason we love Syd and Vaughn together is because of who they are as individuals...and an affair pretty much destroys that altogether.

Those who've said Syd couldn't live with herself, or would suffer horribly, are right, I think. Those who've said that Syd and Vaughn should have an affair are forgetting, I think, that on Alias, everything that happens is firmly put in place for a reason...and I just can't see any reason for an affair but the fans' want.

There are some who say that fans should be given what they want, but personally, I would rather see Vaughn and Syd suffer a bit for a good payoff eventually, rather than an affair, which I think in the long run would destroy them as a couple.

Back