Season 5 Syd/Julia

I haven't seen this anywhere. What if Syd was programed to be Julia
1. was programmed during project christmas

2. Was programmed by mom when she was young, then reprogrammed ( project christmas) by dad to get rid of the programming by mom. This is why Jack did project Christmas on her but never wanted her in the CIA.

Maybe Syd became Julia at the right time, or under the right conditions but the good in her made her remember who she was and Because of this she ends up visiting and seeing Vaughn and Lauren together. She may even have known that lauren was evil, ( Maybe she saw her somewhere involved with the covenant) Meanwhile Her good self (syd) is trying hard to overcome the bad (julia) to return to save Vaughn.
Maybe she has some device (like I have read here) that made it possible to know what she was doing/ saying, so she could not return immediately. Or maybe she was still trying to overcome the progamming completely. Once done she then had her memories erased because she couldn't live with what Julia had done/ or wanted to be completely rid of her programming/ or both.
what do you think..... Feel free to add to my theories.

There is alot here but I kind of go with the she was programmed by mom, then reprogrammed by dad, She was trying to get out of the Julia programming to come save Vaughn, she knew Lauren was evil....... but look forward to your comments!!!!!

Come on everyone I really want your imput and ideas. I think this idea might be just up JJ's alley..... Do you think this theory is way off course or it might be on track!!!!!!!! let me know?????????
:thinking: Thaanks

OKay.. so here is my theory.. Syd isnt Julia but Lauren is..Shes Julia Thorne... WHil;e the doctor was brain wahing syd he told her the back story of Julia..born in Englan (explains the accent) parents died(explains the govermor adoption) and that she wasa contract killer- it all makes sense! The last name theory also fits wiht this! ahh!

OKay.. so here is my theory.. Syd isnt Julia but Lauren is..Shes Julia Thorne... WHil;e the doctor was brain wahing syd he told her the back story of Julia..born in Englan (explains the accent) parents died(explains the govermor adoption) and that she wasa contract killer- it all makes sense! The last name theory also fits wiht this! ahh!

Um..... that's a REALLY good observation... makes ya wonder

mountainEAR said:

Um..... that's a REALLY good observation... makes ya wonder
i concur with this. the 'london' part of the brainwashing perked my ears up a bit, and the not so subtle part where syd's hair was dyed blonde (with just a hint of her natural roots showing, which is the exact opposite of lauren LOL. i brought it up in another post; has anyone noticed lauren's bleached blonde-with-just-a-hint-of-brown-roots? it's such a weird detail, but a detail nonetheless! anything goes!)

i think i can go along with this theory that lauren is the real julia thorpe...because it throws a great curveball for all of us speculating that syd and sark were siblings, only to have jj abrahms completely screw with our minds all over again and possibly have lauren and sark as siblings! julia and julian! (and you thought the bristows were screwed up)

it makes sense if lauren and sark are siblings. contract killing definitely runs in the family. they're both blonde, both european for all we know (english, russian? a cocktail of some sort). at least they have traces of an accent and we know sark grew up in...europe? heh. maybe they were working together to gather their inheritance from lazeray.

while watchingbthe part about syds brainwashings and seeing all of her memories I came to the same conclusion! I believe that Lauren was Julia Thorne, possibly changed after londons Ptroject chtristmas, or right before going to America to keep her eye on everything Sydney.
I remeber hearing that lauren had the english accent for a reason< and the blonde hair definitly looked like lauren....... i'm glad we agree!

Back