Taken

Kidnapped? :cry: little beth! Awww...she sounds so cute! Stupid Eric if he could take care of his OWN baby then Vaughn would have been able to watch Beth closer. I hope Sydney doesn't flip out on Vaughn...:( Please add me to the PM list! :D

Chapter 2
“BETH!! Beth, where are you?!!” Michael called out, frantically running all over the playground.

Eric finally caught up to his friend and held his own daughter close. “Okay Mike, calm down, she has to be here somewhere.”

“But where?! She’s not… I don’t see her… I only looked away for a minute. Oh god, how could I do this??” he said painfully as he rubbed his forehead.

“This isn’t your fault Michael, we’re going to find her,” Eric said, trying to sound calm even though he was beginning to get rather frantic himself. “This is what we’re gonna do, I’m going to look through the playground some more and you take that picture from your wallet and ask some of these mothers if they saw her, okay?”

“Okay,” Michael nodded. They went off in different directions. Eric began to search high and low all over the wooden jungle gym while Michael pulled the picture of Beth from his wallet and tried to pull himself together enough to have a meaningful conversation. He walked up to the first woman he found and asked, “Have you seen this girl around here?”

The woman took a good look at the picture and shook her head, “No, I’m sorry.”

Michael moved onto the next person and the next. Finally at the fifth woman he asked, she said, “Oh, was she wearing jeans and a green top?”

“Yes, yes that’s her!” he said feeling relieved.

“Well… I saw her walking towards the parking lot with a man… I-I thought she was his daughter…,” the woman said very sadly. Michael nearly collapsed onto the ground. Noticing that he was entirely pale the woman said, “Oh no, oh dear I’m so sorry. Here, sit down. We’ll call the police…”

Michael didn’t hear another word she said, his world was spinning. He had lost his baby girl. She had been kidnapped by someone who was most likely a sick freak. It was his fault. Then an even sickening thought crossed his mind. What would Sydney say when she found out that he lost the one thing she loved more than anything in the world?

“Mike? Michael?” Eric gently shook his shoulder.

“She’s gone, Eric…someone took her,” he said distantly.

“What?!” Eric gasped. “Oh, oh god,” he gulped, feeling utterly heartsick. April reached out her tiny hand and touched Michael’s gently. He lifted his head slightly and removed his elbows from his knees so that there was room for April in his lap. She slid out of her fathers arms and into his as Michael hugged her tightly and rocked gently back and forth, fighting the tears from coming.

Within a few minutes, distant sirens were heard. They came progressively closer until a squad car parked in the lot beside the park and two officers walked over. “I… I called you about the missing girl,” the woman said to them.

“Is it your daughter, ma’am?” the officer asked.

“No, it’s his,” she said as she pointed to Michael. “But I saw her being taken away.”

One of the officers pulled the woman aside to interview her and the other officer, a woman, walked over and sat beside Michael. “Sir, I know this is difficult for you, but I need to get some information from you. Your name, please?”

“Michael Vaughn,” he croaked. “My daughter is Bethany Vaughn, but we call her Beth.”

“And how old is Beth?” the officer asked.

“She just turned five… H-here,” he said, handing over the picture of Beth he had been showing around.

“Oh, she’s beautiful. Is this recent?” the officer asked; Michael nodded.

For the next ten minutes, the officered interviewed Michael and the woman who had last seen Beth, and then they moved on to talk to other people at the park to see if they had seen anything. Michael just sat on the bench, completely numb as he clung to April, who didn’t seem to want to let go of him either.

“Well, we don’t have much to go on, but it’s a start,” the one officer told Michael once their interviews were complete. Michael said nothing.

“What do we do now?” Eric asked.

“We’re going to follow you home and interview your wife. It doesn’t seem that you, in particular, or Beth were targeted specifically. Do you come to this park often?” the officer asked Michael, but he still didn’t speak, so Eric answered, “Yes, they live nearby.”

“Well, it’s possible whoever did this has just been watching the park and picked someone; anyone. We’re going to do everything in our power to get her back as soon as possible, Mr. Vaughn,” the officer said.

“Come on, Mike,” Eric said as he tried to pull his friend from the bench.

“Syd…,” Michael croaked, still horrified.

“I know, I know,” Eric sighed sympathetically.

Michael and Eric had driven together to the park (Eric had left his car at Michael’s) so they walked to the car and Michael slid into the passenger seat while Eric put April in her car seat. The two men drove home in silence, both of them too horrified to speak at all. When they arrived at Michael’s modest two-story home, Eric’s car was the only one there; Sydney wasn’t back yet.

“Our wives went shopping,” Eric explained when he, Michael and April got out of the car and were faced with the police officers once more. “It’s been three hours, but they’re sisters, so…,” he laughed softy and shrugged.

“Can you call them?” the female officer asked.

“Yeah… um, one second,” Eric said as he unclipped his phone from its clip on his belt loop. He stared down at it for a moment. What could he say to them? Finally he dialed his wife’s number slowly. “Hey Nad, it’s me… you still with Syd?”

“Yeah, we’re about five minutes from home, why?” Nadia asked.

“Just wanted to tell ya something, see you in a few,” Eric hung up. Then he turned to the officers, “They’ll be here in five minutes.”

“Okay then, let’s go inside,” the male officer said.

Eric gave April to Michael since both of them seemed to be happier when he was holding her and they all went inside. “Can I get you guys something?” Eric offered, knowing Michael was in no state to be hospitable. Both officers refused. Michael flopped down on the couch with April while the other three people stood in a painful silence until the women arrived.

“Guys? Why are there cops out front!?” Nadia called when she walked in from the garage, weighted down with bags. Upon walking through the kitchen she saw them and froze. “What’s… going on?” she asked slowly.

Michael stood and walked over to her, still as stone faced as ever. She took April, who was reaching out to her, from him and looked even more concerned.

“Nadia, you left me with all the – what’s going on?” Sydney echoed her sister upon seeing the police. She immediately dropped the bags she had been holding and turned to her husband. She felt ill when she saw his expression. “Michael?”

“Syd,” he croaked. “Beth… she…”

“Beth? Where’s Beth? Oh god, did something happen to Beth?!” she asked in horror.

The female officer stepped forward and cleared her throat. “Mrs. Vaughn, we believe your daughter has been kidnapped-”

Before the officer could finish her last word, Sydney let out a blood-curdling scream. “NO! NO! Where’s Beth?! BETH!” she cried out as she collapsed down onto the floor.

Nadia looked on in horror as she held April tighter. Michael collapsed down into the floor beside his wife. Sydney grabbed onto him and clung to him as they both wept.

PM LIST
6helterskelter6
74Aliaschickita47
albob
alias_chick_47
Alias79
AliasBub
Aliaschick347
aliasfan212
AliasSydney502
Alwazabrat
Angel
angiverl
aprilsfool6
ashqua
ASIOagent
blknight
buckeyealum2000
catfishally
Catpin
Chicketepee
ChrisM
cookiemonster
derevkointraining
EJ11
fieldstation
fire*N*ice
fox_canada
frangipani
freckles3706
Freelancer7315
freelancer79
funkymonkey
grassyass
gregstar
gucci_94
iheartvaughn
invisible
kacl
KAliasGirl
Kate_14
lady alias
leelow13
Lily Ella
LittleNicky
Lovygirl
maddy28

mbellsdiva
MH55995
Minttu
mnkdance963
mountaineer_girl
Ms.MichaelVaughn
Nancy O
oooRevesDouxooo
pansarah1
PIpp
PointguysGirl
Prediction 47
redwolf88
sab-alias
sabbiee_co
Silvinha
SkyGirl5
sparklingrainbow
SpygirlAmy
stealthy
SuperDuck123
Syd&Vaughn4eva
Syd_ Vaughn
syd26
Syd4Vaughn
SydAPO05
sydney_alias_vaughn
sydneymicheal
SydneyVaughn47
sydofthesea
SydVaughn1001
texasalias2004
tubby
tunita
undercover_spy
Vaughn-a-holic!439
vaughnlover48
vaughnsgurl4lf
vaughnshoney

First! Be back to review.

Oh no!!!!!! That's awful! And poor Syd and Michael. They better find her soon!!

Great update. Can't wait for more.

~Karen

Michael collapsed down into the floor beside his wife. Sydney grabbed onto him and clung to him as they both wept.
Who would want to take her?? Awesome update!! Can't wait to read what happens now!

Back