Season 3 The angel didn't come....

freakforalias

Dream on you perverted freak
When Nadia was laying on the "table" waiting to be injected with the green elixr... she stated "I guess the angel isn't coming". I was reminded of "the angel" that Syd was seeing when she was having flashbacks of her missing two years..... Who do you think the angel could be or what did it represent? Could "the angel" have been someone protecting Nadia or even Sydney? Could the angel be Irina?

for me this episode Nadia's angel was Sydney - because she came for her. :smiley:

ok that whole scene w/ nadia - SO SAD!!!!
i mean i was so upset by it!!!! it was horrible....
Sloane is so cruel!!!! no one should do that to thier daughter... what an @ss....

jems said:
for me this episode Nadia's angel was Sydney - because she came for her. :smiley:
It certainly seems that way... but how do you explain Sydney's angel? Are they completely seperate?.... or not?

freakforalias said:
jems said:
for me this episode Nadia's angel was Sydney - because she came for her.  :smiley:
It certainly seems that way... but how do you explain Sydney's angel? Are they completely seperate?.... or not?
ok so they are each other 's angel :angelic: - which is kinda sweet! :smiley:

freakforalias said:
I was reminded of "the angel" that Syd was seeing when she was having flashbacks of her missing two years.....
I immediately thought of that too when Nadia said that! What bugs me SO MUCH is that we STILL don't know what all those things in the dream meant. For a storyline that was supposedly wrapped up in "Full Disclosure," there's quite a bit that still hasn't been "disclosed." I'm going to be so annoyed if they never go back and reference any of that again. I still want to know more about Julia Thorne and what that 2 years was all about. If they don't say something about it in the finale, I'll be very disappointed.

i thbought he dreams were just her memory coming back about where she had been - ie the apartment in Rome.

The plastic tube one was a bit weird though - i guess it just signified the removal of something from her.

freakforalias said:
Who do you think the angel could be or what did it represent?
I am pretty sure she was refering to the story of Abraham and Isaiah which Sloane had told her earlier as a parallel for what he was doing.

In this story, God asks Abraham to kill his son and without hesitation (but with much sadness) he raises his knife to sacrifice Isaiah. Just as he is about to kill him an angel appears to tell him it was all a test of faith and he passed (and he didn't have to kill his son after all.) Sloane tells Nadia this story to prove that as much as he loves her he has to put his faith in this "higher power." Knowing that the next dose of green goo will probably kill her, she says "I guess the angel isn't coming" meaning that the "higher power" will not save her as God did Isaiah.

Yeah, she was referring to the Abraham story. Here's a bit of the transcript:

NADIA: Please, don't.
SLOANE: Nadia, my child. I don't want to hurt you.
NADIA: Then why are you doing this?
SLOANE: When Abraham was asked to take his only child Isaac and offer him up to God, he didn't hesitate. And he took in his hand the fire and the knife, and it was only then that the angel came. But Abraham had to be willing to make this unbearable choice.
NADIA: I understand.
SLOANE: You do.
NADIA: You're a man of faith.

Rinda said:
freakforalias said:
Who do you think the angel could be or what did it represent?
I am pretty sure she was refering to the story of Abraham and Isaiah which Sloane had told her earlier as a parallel for what he was doing.

In this story, God asks Abraham to kill his son and without hesitation (but with much sadness) he raises his knife to sacrifice Isaiah. Just as he is about to kill him an angel appears to tell him it was all a test of faith and he passed (and he didn't have to kill his son after all.) Sloane tells Nadia this story to prove that as much as he loves her he has to put his faith in this "higher power." Knowing that the next dose of green goo will probably kill her, she says "I guess the angel isn't coming" meaning that the "higher power" will not save her as God did Isaiah.
Ahhh.... I really didn't look at it in relation to Abraham and Isaiah.

The first thought that popped in my head was the angel Syd saw in her flashback several times. I always wondered what the signifigance of the angel was. I was wondering if there was a relation to what Syd was seeing in her flashback and to Nadia's statement about the angel.

Yes, both Soane and Nadia were referring to the Abraham story in the Bible. But I also think that the angel statement could be referring to either Irina or Syd.

The angel Syd saw was the view from her apartment window in Rome. When she got to that apartment (in episode 7?), she lay down on the bed and saw the angel out her window. Her angel was her remembering something she saw regularly during her missing two years.

For those of you that don't get where the angel in Syd's dream came from please read Natalia's post.

Keep in mind that not all things symbolize something else. The angel was simply an image of the one she could see from her apartment.

Back