Whoa! Didn't See This Coming

I'm a bit confused. Technically, even though Jen and Scott are separated, they are still married, aren't they? If so, then why does everyone keep saying that they are single now...because they are still married. Also, does anyone know of any hollywood couples that have separated before and then gotten back together later on? I certainly hope Jen and Scott do, because they are my favorite couple of all time and I'd hate to see their marriage end because they love each other so much.

I think most of those speculating on new relationships have not learned how much pain that a separation can cause. Mental heath professionals have stated the pain of divorce is roughly the same as the pain of someone very close to you dying.

I also understand the way your mind will make you think the actor is the character, it is a totally normal reaction. Myself when I heard the news thought back to last week’s episode when I had noted that Scott had to be mature as there was tons of chemistry in the scene. But I then reminded myself that breakups can contain way to much pain and thus need to restrain thoughts like that.

Ted Casablanca on E! wrote about this. Gossip-The Awful Truth-4/3/03

This is not just speculation as I have read several scientific articles in general on the problems that successful woman have with men being able to handle the secondary role. Studies have show a direct correlation to the fact the more successful the woman is the less likely she is to be married. Ted Casablanca gives good reason the Hollywood makes this worse by ignoring on purpose the less famous spouse. I also like that Ted Casablanca took a shot at the immature men by pointing out woman have had to accept the second banana slot so it is completely unfair that men will not do it.

I agree w/ SydB JenG.... Why is everyone bashing the people for their opinions about Jennifer and Scott and Jennifer and Michael??? I mean,you guys say we don't know them ,well then How do you know that MV didn't have something to do with the separation??? Now considering,I loved Scott and Jennifer as a couple and nothing's final,so let's just let everyone have their own opinions.... It's not like anyone's going to have anything do with the final decision between them..... Maybe she'll get back together with Scott, maybe she'll get with MV, or she could just decide that she doesn't ever want to date again.... Whatever the decision, we love her and support her,right guys?!?!?!?

thanks ILuvVaughn13. i just want to see happens between her and vartan. not like i want anything to but just curious.

i think the most disturbing part of this is that people seem to be confusing fiction with reality (and i agree with azalea - it's the first step to stalkerville). jg and mv are portraying a FICTITIOUS couple while jg and scott were living as an ACTUAL couple. i think we should think of jg and mv as co-workers while SYDNEY and VAUGHN are the couple - not jg and mv.

anyway, i certainly hope jen and scott the best. although the cynic in me can't really think of any hollywood couple that has split and then reconciled. :confused:

I think the main thing is that you hope Jennifer and Scott can work things out or next best thing find happiness later on after a period of time but beware of flaming some individuals get very emotional on posts and construe them out of text I had that happen to me on Jennifer Garner Yahoo Group. I was just stating it would be nice that the couple could have time to work things out without any distractions or temptations and one member really went off the handle of me posting my thoughts.

I guess in one way they are right it is up to Jennifer and Scot's family and friends to advise them and guide them on sorting out there troubles but this person got really mad at my post.

But I agree this MV and JG stuff isn't appropriate but I think ALL ALIAS members are posting those for a rise out certain individuals.

I guess because these forums and chat groups make us feel closer to the Stars than we really are and let us hope they at least see that we care what happens to them not that we are being nasty or petty in uncalled for remarks!

But in the end, it is there lives "Jennifer and Scott" and what they do with them is really no ones business but their own!

All fans can do is wish them well and happiness!

Sincerely,

Lynne Aka Jaredpuppy

I wondered why all the other Alias boards I visit totally outlawed discussion of the split.

This thread totally explains it.

Lynne said:
I guess because these forums and chat groups make us feel closer to the Stars.
:D true

I personally wasn't bashing anybody. What annoys me is that all the JG/MV shippers are hoping for a relationship on false pretenses--"they look cute together." Or just because they are S/V, they think JG/MV will work out.

And she just got seperated. How could you hope for someone to have a relationship with someone you don't know when she just got seperated? Sure, I don't know them either, and for all we know, MV could have caused this. So he's the heartbreaker, and you still want to see JG/MV together?

What I DO know is that Jennifer Garner (and Scott Foley too) must be in pain. Instead of wanting things to be better, some fans want to see what they want to happen, not even considering what JG is feeling. Do you think she's really looking for a new love interest already?
And even if she was, why hope for MV? Because he's a good guy, right? There are thousands of other good guys in the world. So why MV? Because, again, "they look cute together."

We should be hoping for the best, not be playing matchmaker.

No bashing intended.

they were my like idol couple! i guess since they aren't around each other very much they just decided to spilt up. maybe it isn't perminante. i hope it isn't at least.

Back