The Best is yet to come

SYD96

Cadet
“The Best is yet to come”

Author: Syd96

Rating: PG-PG13

Disclaimers: I don’t own the characters or the products mentioned. I am just a poor high school student please don’t sue.

Summary: Sydney is going to meet someone who will turn her world upside down.

Authors note: This is my first fan fic. So please R&R. Any suggestions are appreciative. Thanks. Oh and a special thanks to Kewii for the help getting this posted. And sorry for any grammer and spelling errors.

Chapter 1

“Hey Syd wait up!” Francie Calfo yelled to her best friend Sydney Bristow. It was the end of the first hour class and Francie saw Sydney heading to her locker.

“Hey. Sorry, I’m falling asleep here. I stayed up until midnight finishing my English essay.”

“That’s ok. We’re still on for going to the club later with the others right?”

“Ya of course. I just need some thing to wake me up.”

“You can have some of my cappaccino if you want some.”

“Yes please!!!” Sydney said with a bit of urgency and a smile.

“Can you believe we’re done with one full month of school already? And that we are juniors!”

“No, but we have 8 ½ months left.”

“So what’s your schedule like for the rest of the week?”

“Well let’s see. On Wednesday I have a meeting for stage crew at 5:00, Thursday a youth coalition meeting from 3:30 to 4:30, and on Friday I am going to hang out with my best friend for her 17th birthday.” Syd finished with a huge smile.

“You remembered!”

“Of course I remembered. What did you think I would forget that?”

“No it’s just no one else has said anything or tried to make plans with me.”

“Well then we’ll just have to do something extra special. I hate to cut this short but I have to go to Economics, so I’ll see you later.”

“All right. Bye.” Francie says after giving Sydney a hug.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

When Sydney arrived at her class she noticed a new student in the seat behind hers. Once she sat down and got organized she turned around. With a big smile she introduces herself.

“Hi I’m Sydney Bristow.”

“Michael Vaughn.”

“So are you new?”

“Ya. I just moved here a week ago.”

" Ya I know. I think you moved into the house next to mine" she said with a smile.

“ So where did you move from?”

“I moved here from France.”

“France! That is so cool. Where in France?”

“Normady.”

“Really. I’ve been to Normady it’s very nice there.”

“Ya it is. My moms French but her work got her transferred out here. So is this class hard?”

“Not really, but always have your book and note book with you, even if we don't use them; we take a lot of notes.”

“Ok class take your seats we’re going to begin. All right lets begin with some notes.”

Vaughn taps Sydney on the shoulder to get her attention.

“Hey Syd can I borrow some paper?”

“Sure. Here you go.” She hands him the paper and there fingers accidentally brush, she blushes as she turns back around.

So.. :hide: Please let me know what you all think. And I know it is sort of short but the upcoming chapters will longer. :P

Glad you found the place to go.

You're dialogue is very natural. Dialogue is difficult for people to get a handle on, so it's great that you have a talent for it.

My only suggestion would be to include more description. An easy way to do that is by describing what the characters are doing while they talk.

You did it once here:
Well let’s see. On Wednesday I have a meeting for stage crew at 5:00, Thursday a youth coalition meeting from 3:30 to 4:30, and on Friday I am going to hang out with my best friend for her 17th birthday.” Syd finished with a huge smile.

Just try to include a bit more of that.

Great Work

Kewii

This is a very good beginning. I really like it!! :smiley: Sydney seems like a very nice person. Can't wait for more. Can I get a PM please? Thanks!!

Thank you. You are all so nice. :D And have all been added to the pm list.

PM list:
frangipani
ams4alias
tunita
SydneyAnneVaughn
Sydney A Vaughn
MontrealRocks
Kewii (I didn't know if you wanted a pm or not?)
hannahb
alias=mylife26
vaughnshoney

I will update when I get home tonight. :lol:
oh and does anybody know how to start a new page? Thanks and I will update soo. :lol: :lol:

wat do u mean by start a new page??? if u mean like 1, 2 and all that u just have to have like 15 posts or sumtin is that what u meant???

Oh! Thanks i'm new at this. :blush:
heres the updated pm list.

PM list:

frangipani
ams4alias
tunita
SydneyAnneVaughn
Sydney A Vaughn
MontrealRocks
Kewii (I didn't know if you wanted a pm or not?)
hannahb
alias=mylife26
vaughnshoney
syd26

update in a little bit!!! :P :P

Here it is the next chapter. :D Please read and review :P

Chapter 2

“I thought you were joking when you said we take lots of notes.”

“Nope. Sorry. Although if you don’t get all of them in class just ask and you can borrow mine.” She said while closing up her note book and putting it in her back pack.

“So what are the rest of your classes for the day? I could use someone to walk to class with and to sit by.” Vaughn asked with curiosity.

“Well I have Spanish 5 next in 110 with Torke, 4th hour study hall in 213 with Esser, 5th English in 220 with Essmen, then late lunch, 6th Foods & Fitness in 264 with Champion, and last Advanced Algebra in 147 with Resar. How about you?”

“That’s so creepy I have all but one of those classes to.”

“Well at least you’ll know one person in your classes.”

The bell then sounded signaling the end of 2nd hour.

“Why don’t you come with me to my locker, then we can walk to class together.” She said hopefully while standing up and walking toward the door.

“Sure, but I should probably stop at my locker to and drop off my books from my other class.” He said getting up and following her out of the class.

As they begin to walk down the hall towards Sydney’s locker she stops in the middle of the hall, she has a look of dread on her face.

“Sydney what’s wrong?”

Before she can answer him a few guys stop in front of them.

“Hey Syd. Is this your next victim?”

A guy with blonde hair asks, and then the other people around him start laughing.

“So are you new?” The blonde hair boy asks Vaughn.

“Uh…Ya.”

“Well take it from me if you want someone to use and betray you, after just getting here you found the right girl.”

There is more laughing and snickering from the group around him.

“What are you doing here Danny aren’t you suppose to be in rehab in Vermont?” Sydney replies with a harsh tone.

“Oh. We’ve grown a back bone now have we?”

“Seems impossible doesn’t it. I just wonder how a little b* * * * like her could grow one.” A tall Hispanic guy says walking up to the group.

You can see the anger on Vaughn’s face after he makes this comment.

“You have no right to talk to her like that or to call her names.” Vaughn says to them.

“And who’s going to stop us, You?” They are all laughing again.

“Ya. Me, so apologize to her now.”

“Or what?”

“Mr. Hecht, Mr. Valdez. Don’t the two of you have a class to be getting to? And the rest of you all to?” A guy says coming up behind them.

RRRRRRRRRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG
All of the guys go running off to their classes.

“I’m sorry about that Mr. K. It won’t happen again.”

“It’s ok Sydney. Do you both need passes to your lockers, then class?” He starts to write them out passes.

“Ya we do.”

“Here you go Sydney. What’s your name?”

“Michael Vaughn.”

“Here you two go. See you later Sydney.”

“You to. And thanks Mr. K” they both starting walking off to the lockers.
“That was Mr. Karilowavich; he’s one of the History teachers.” Syd replies to Vaughns questioning look. They continue on in silence.

“So who were those guys back there?”

“Well the tall one with blonde hair in the middle of the group is my ex-boyfriend Daniel Hecht. The others were Rick Valdez, Eric Strap, and Jessie Copp. They all follow Danny around, you see Danny used to be on the football team and was actually nice. I had found out he was smoking pot and told him if he wanted to be with me he had to stop. He said he did but a couple of days later my friend Will saw him smoking. So I broke up with him, and then he started rumors that I was the one smoking.”

“I’m sorry.”

“I’m not. I can do so much better than Danny.”

They had gotten to Sydney’s locker, and she got the books she needed and shut it.

“Where’s your locker at?”

“It’s in the science hall.”

“Ok. Let’s go.”

* * * * * * * * * * * ** * * * * * * * * * * ** * * * * * * * * * * ** * * * * * * * * * * *

Once they had gone to Vaughn’s locker and gotten his books they headed to Spanish class. Opening the door to their class they were meet with everyone looking at them.

“Senorita Bristow care to explain why you are late, and who this is with you?” Mrs. Torke their Spanish teacher asked.

“We ran into a few problems in the hall. And this is Michael Vaughn.”

“Oh. Alright. Mr. Vaughn your new right?”

“Yes.”

“Well there’s an open seat right behind Ms. Bristow. So why don’t you two take your seats so we can get started.”

So... :thinking: please let me know what you thought. And let me know if you want to be added to the pm list.

And one last thing tomorrow is the first of 3 days of exams so it mightbe a while before my next update. I will try to get another chapter up soon. Thanks for understanding. :D

your welcome and thnx for the pm sry i cant read and review right now im goin to a friends so im just printin this real quick!! ill review tomorrow!! and dont wry im new too! lol
o and did u kno u sent like 4 or 5 pms? jw

Loved the way Vaughn stood up for Syd there without even knowing the full story. Can't wait for more. Good luck on those exams.

Thanks for the PM

Back