the edge of something new

You are just spoiling us. :P
I mean 2 updats in 1 day.
And they are amazing.
He was moving towards the front door when he saw her sitting on the steps through the front bay window. I’ve never been so stressed to just take a walk with a girl. I barely know her, but I know that I like her more than any other girl I’ve ever known. Taking a deep breath, he opened the front door, locked it behind him, and asked, “Ready to go?”

His words broke her daze, but she couldn’t have cared less. “Yup,” she said standing up. As they began strolling side by side down the street towards the beach she decided to tease him a little. “You know, Vaughn,” she started, saying his name aloud for the first time. I absolutely love that name coming from my mouth.

He noticed her lips curved upward when she said his name. Deciding to mimic her act, he responded, “Yeah?”

“You took longer than me to get ready. And, I just wanted to tell you, it was worth it, because you do look very pretty.” Her sunglasses were placed over her eyes to block out the sun’s gradually weakening rays as twilight approached.

Vaughn was blessed with seeing yet another classic Sydney Bristow dimpled grin. He blushed. “Well… umm,” he was completely tongue-tied. What do you say to a girl you just met, but know you totally like, when she says you look pretty? At last, he determined that there was only one thing he could say to her.
I loved that part.
Thank you so much for the pm.
:surf:

Chapter Five

“Thanks?”

“Anytime.”

The moment the duo descended the boardwalk stairs and reached the sand, Vaughn looked around to see if any of his friends were there. None that he could see were. “So, um, do you want to walk by the water or just chill out for a little bit?”

“Let’s walk first, sit later.” Following his lead towards the shoreline, she decided to make some small talk. “What’s you favorite color?” She felt her feet become heavy with sand, removed her flip flops and carried them with her right hand. Just in case we happen to hold hands later. Syd! Stop. You. Just. Met. The. Guy. Stop thinking you’re going to be more than friends. Hell, you’re barely friends! You’re only his acquaintance. But still, she left the sandals right where they were.

This time, Vaughn was the one to follow her action. Stopping for a brief second to take off his own flip flops, he answered. “Blue. Yours?” before grasping them by the straps with his left hand. Hmm… she wants to play “Questions.” I can work with that.

Good. He caught on
“Light green.” Her body almost silhouetted his as both their feet reached the shallow salt water. “What kind of music do you like?”

“Rock. Or Alternative. Just not pop. Or Rap. I especially can’t stand rap,” he informed her as they moved along the coast. s***. What if she likes rap?

“Me neither. Almost every rap song is about the same thing. I can’t connect with it the way I can with emo or rock,” she shrugged.

Vaughn noticed she shifted her body ever so slightly towards his. “My turn.” He looked around their surroundings. His eyes locked on the boardwalk. What he really wanted to know was if she had a boyfriend, but he knew he couldn’t do that. Not yet, anyway. “If you weren’t here right now, what would you be doing?” Sensing Sydney stop behind him, he turned around to look at her. She was looking at her feet through the water. Vaughn was beginning to think there was something offending about his question, and was about to apologize, but she cut him off.

“Do you mean ‘here,’ like, in the water right now? Or ‘here’ on vacation at the beach?” Sydney looked up and straight into his eyes.

He could tell she was totally serious. “Here at the beach.” He desperately wanted to know how she’d be spending her summer if she weren’t gracing him with her presence so he could get a feel of what her personality was like. And he desperately was trying to read her to see if he did indeed say something wrong.

“Um,” she took a deep breath. “Hmm,” she exhaled. “I guess, probably, I’d be hanging out with Will and Francie. Maybe watching a movie. I don’t know exactly. But hanging out with them definitely.” She resumed walking.

Will. That’s a guy’s name. I bet Will is her boyfriend. Damn it. Vaughn’s heart fell into the pit in his stomach, but he tried not to seem upset. In response, he just nodded and quickened his pace in order to catch up to her, even though he felt it was somewhat useless now. I still want to get to know her, even if we’ll never be more than friends.{/I]

Getting the feeling Vaughn was lagging behind, she turned her head around. “You coming?”

Michael Vaughn decided to make the best of things. Putting on his best “I’m trying to impress you with my wit” smile, he answered, “Yeah. But, Syd,” his words were cut short by her reply.

“Yeah?” That smile is absolutely adorable!

“That doesn’t count as a question.” Splashing her a little with his foot he added, “Can you seriously not think of anything else to ask me?”

When the warm water hit the front of her calf she gasped. It was not something she was expecting. “Oh! That was not cool, Michael Vaughn.” Cupping some water with her free hand, she splashed him back.

“Hey!” Vaughn shouted, seeing his bathing suit trunks become wet.

Grinning victoriously she responded with, “Now we’re even. And, just for the record, I’m not out of things to ask you.”

Dusk and sunset were approaching rapidly. Sydney walked out of the water and up a little hill of sand. When she sat down, she put her flip flops next to her. Vaughn did the same and sat beside her.

Feeling comfortable in his patch of grainy sand he said, “Ask away.”

“Okay. I will.” Now facing him, she asked, “How old are you?” She felt stupid to ask the question, but it hadn’t come up in conversation before, and she was dying to find out his age.

“I’ll be sixteen in a few months.”

Two chocolate eyes hidden behind black lenses rolled. “You can’t just say sixteen, can you? You have to make yourself seem older by saying your almost seventeen, when in fact those ‘few months’ could easily be half a year,” she teased.

She wants to play that way. Fine, we’ll play that way. “If it makes you happy, my birthday’s only five months away.” Witnessing Sydney laugh was probably one of the greatest sights he’s ever seen in his life. “How old are you?”

The already wide and dimpled smile Sydney was sporting grew even larger, if it was at all possible. Subsiding her giggles, she answered, “Sixteen.” Hearing this, both of them began chuckling again. “Your birthday’s five months away which makes it,” she used her fingers to count to five while mentally saying the upcoming month’s names, “In November. November what?”

“November twenty-seventh. I take it you’re a mathematician.” Of course, he was referring to how she used her fingers to count.

“Oh shut up. It’s summer and I don’t feel like thinking.” Her face scrunched up indicating she was trying to be defensive.

He raised his arms in a mock surrender. “Hey, I was just complimenting you on your math skills. Is it my fault you don’t take compliments well?”

“I take compliments just fine!” she protested, lifting her upper body a tad bit.

The sun was officially setting and Vaughn chose to change the subject accordingly. “Do you like sunsets?” His head bobbed towards it.

Using her eyes to follow his head-bob, she saw what he was motioning towards. Spinning her head around so that she could see the sunset more clearly, she simply replied, “Yeah. I do.”

Both of them were admiring the enchantment when Vaughn chose to break the relaxing quietness. “We better start getting back,” he announced while pulling himself up and sticking out a hand to help Sydney up.

PM LIST
Alias_equals_love
Prediction 47
SYD96
Vaughnlover15
hannahb
xMountineer02300844x

first?
I am so happy they seem to be getting along well.
“That doesn’t count as a question.” Splashing her a little with his foot he added, “Can you seriously not think of anything else to ask me?”

When the warm water hit the front of her calf she gasped. It was not something she was expecting. “Oh! That was not cool, Michael Vaughn.” Cupping some water with her free hand, she splashed him back.

“Hey!” Vaughn shouted, seeing his bathing suit trunks become wet.

Grinning victoriously she responded with, “Now we’re even. And, just for the record, I’m not out of things to ask you.”
That was so funny. :lol:
I can't wait to see what happens next.
Thank you for the pm.
:surf:

SydVaughn1001 said:
Just found this this morning - teenage Vaughn and Syd are really sweet.  Please add me to your PM list for the next update - thanks!
[post="1445550"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

no problem. you're on the list.

PM LIST
Alias_equals_love
Prediction 47
SYD96
Vaughnlover15
hannahb
xMountineer02300844x
SydVaughn1001

Garner_Chick6 said:
That is so cute can i get a PM please!
[post="1445586"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

sure.

PM LIST
Alias_equals_love
Prediction 47
SYD96
Vaughnlover15
hannahb
xMountineer02300844x
SydVaughn1001
Syd26
Garner_Chick6

anyone else?

Syd_ Vaughn said:
This is great can I get a PM when you update please
[post="1445604"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

yup.

PM LIST
Alias_equals_love
Prediction 47
SYD96
Vaughnlover15
hannahb
xMountineer02300844x
SydVaughn1001
Syd26
Garner_Chick6
Syd_Vaughn

It’s his girlfriend. I am so naïve!

“I'm on a high, on a high/There's nothing more to it./We are the sea and the sky/And the blue that runs through it, yeah./And there are some who say there are so many things I need/So I run or I fight and I crawl or I scream and I bleed/I bleed, I bleed….”

And she wouldn’t have it any other way.

hopefully this will tie you guys over until tomorrow :cool:

aww MAN cari i just read the whole thing and i'm hooked! :woot:

please PM me and can I be on an addict list? :confetti:

those spoilers... :shock: for the first one, :sideroll: for the second one and :love: for the third one... but the first spoiler is plain evil!

luv juju :harp:

Bubbles said:
aww MAN cari i just read the whole thing and i'm hooked! :woot:

please PM me and can I be on an addict list? :confetti:

those spoilers... :shock: for the first one, :sideroll: for the second one and :love: for the third one... but the first spoiler is plain evil!

luv juju :harp:
[post="1446010"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

i'm SO excited that you like it! seriously, you [everyone] have no idea how exciting it is for people to say they like your story.

PM LIST
Alias_equals_love
Prediction 47
SYD96
Vaughnlover15
hannahb
xMountineer02300844x
SydVaughn1001
Syd26
Garner_Chick6
Syd_Vaughn
Bubbles

ADDICT LIST
#1 Bubbles
#2 ALIAS_EQUALS_LOVE

OOOH!! This fic it just...so great!!! I love it!!!!!!!!! Very very much!!! Can I please have a PM?!??? This story is just so good! I love t. I know I already said that, but it is true. What if she didn't go. :( then she wouldn't of met the hot Vaughn with the perfect body and tan...OK! I'm getting ahead of myself. I should just go!! :lol:

-Nadia :beret: 🤠 :Pirate2:

74Aliaschickita47 said:
OOOH!! This fic it just...so great!!! I love it!!!!!!!!! Very very much!!! Can I please have a PM?!??? This story is just so good! I love t. I know I already said that, but it is true. What if she didn't go. :( then she wouldn't of met the hot Vaughn with the perfect body and tan...OK! I'm getting ahead of myself. I should just go!! :lol:
-Nadia :beret: 🤠 :Pirate2:
[post="1446268"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
hahaha. thank you! i'm so happy i'm not the only person who likes it!

PM LIST
Alias_equals_love
Prediction 47
SYD96
Vaughnlover15
hannahb
xMountineer02300844x
SydVaughn1001
Syd26
Garner_Chick6
Syd_Vaughn
Bubbles