the edge of something new

That was so cute!! I couldn't wait for you to update all day so I could find out what happened since those spoilers were just pure evil!!!!!! I loved it.

Great update. Thanks for the PM. Update soon

~Karen

That was great. :D
This is what I look forward to all day.
Seemingly invisibly, Vaughn sneaked up on Sydney from behind and smiled devilishly. Before she could react, he took the small bucket he was holding under water so that it could be filled, and dumped it over her head. She gasped, now 100 percent soaked, when just a few seconds ago her hair was almost completely dried.

Turning around hastily, she narrowed her eyes at her boyfriend. “I cannot believe you just did that!” she shouted before marching herself through the pool and huffing away to the deck where her towel was waiting for her, without saying another word to Vaughn.

Distantly, Weiss and Vaughn could hear her mumble angrily to herself as she wiped herself off head to toe by the French doors leading inside. Faintly, they heard her murmur, “He is NOT going to get away with this.”

“Well, you’re in trouble,” Weiss declared nonchalantly.

“Yeah, you think I don’t know that?” Vaughn snapped as he himself made his way through the water and to the deck to dry himself off.

“Good luck,” he heard Weiss call after him before he walked inside.

Vaughn crept in quietly, nervous to find out if Sydney was really mad at him or not. Venturing out further into her house, through the family room and kitchen, he apprehensively called out her name.

Before he could even utter another word, Sydney’s hand yanked him by his into her dining room. Not wasting a nanosecond, her lips urgently crashed onto his. Initially, he was confused out of his mind, but still pressed his lips back. Then, a moment later, he realized that the whole “rushing-inside-angrily” act was a sham. He smiled into the kiss and closed the remaining of the already minimal space between them.

His girlfriend was a genius, he thought.

Her hands were locked behind his neck, his on the small of her back. Both of their bathing suits were still wet, and, combined with the cool air in the air conditioned home, Sydney shivered slightly. Vaughn sensed this and stepped even nearer so that their bodies were touching, his intent being to warm her with body heat.

It was her turn to grin even wider into the kiss. Vaughn was her drug and she was hopelessly addicted; she wanted more than she could have. Stealthily, she tightened her grip and brought him closer to her. She was now effectively pushed up against the glossy white dining room wall. His hand moved slightly upward, causing her body, heart and mind to flutter.

They stayed locked together for a while longer, even after their lungs burned and begged to be refilled. Breathing was second in line for them; it didn’t matter. All that mattered was the other.

Reluctantly, Vaughn pulled away. He rested his forehead on hers, and with his eyes still shut, he panted desperately for oxygen. Sydney chortled inwardly, all in all, technically she knew the kiss was coming; she’d been waiting for him to follow her inside. Vaughn, on the other hand, was taken by surprise. It was evident that she would’ve had more breath saved up, and truth be told, she was surprised for how long he held his.

“You should be an actress,” he breathed. “For a second I was positive you were actually mad at me,” he said as he raised his eyelids.
I love that she did that and that they made out like that. :P
It is so great that they are so close.
His fingers crawled from her hips to about where her ribs began. Her breath caught somewhere along the line and her heart was beating rapidly. She opened her eyes, only to see a pleasant expression on Vaughn’s face, his eyes fixated on her lips. “Vaughn,” she exhaled.

He didn’t answer. Instead, he slowly closed the space between their lips, kissing her slowly, but most certainly with the most passion he could muster. She, clearly, responded in a like manner. They were so close to each other, but it wasn’t enough. Nothing would ever be enough.

Her hand ran absently through his hair, messing it up time and time again. His cupped her neck and then somehow found itself tangled in her hair.

Unwillingly, they parted, and Sydney allowed her forehead to rest on Vaughn’s shoulder. Courteously, he tried smoothing out her wet hair. “We should probably go back out now,” Vaughn said. “Or else Weiss’ll think we’re breaking up or something.”

The words “breaking up” shocked her back to life and out of her post-kiss reverie. Frantically, her mind briefly processed them in a context where it was real. She gulped for air, an action which did not go unnoticed by Vaughn.

“Hey,” he said worriedly, his forehead crinkling up, “Are you okay?” He lifted her chin with a finger and searched her eyes fearfully, trying to get a read on how she was. Almost automatically, Sydney clung onto Vaughn and buried her head into his neck. Lightly, she placed a kiss on the back of it. Vaughn held onto her while she wrapped her long legs around his waist. “Syd, what’s wrong?” he asked concernedly. Her behavior, and its abnormality, was scaring him a little bit.

He rubbed small circles on her back, trying to calm her. “Syd,” he said again, awaiting a response – any response. Feeling her shake her head against his skin, he knew she wasn’t going to admit whatever had caused this change in her mood. “I love you,” he said, not knowing what else to tell her. “I love you, you know that, right?”

She nodded and smiled against his bare skin. She lifted her head and wiped away the tears which had been welling. Vaughn looked at her worriedly once more. Delicately, she pressed her lips to his again.

Vaughn was all for kissing his girlfriend, but he was still bothered by whatever was bothering her, so he broke it abruptly. “Syd, you have to talk to me,” he encouraged softly.

She nodded knowingly. “I know.” Looking down, she said just barely audibly, “It’s just…,” she took a deep breath, “Don’t say the words ‘break’ and ‘up’ in the same sentence, okay?”

Vaughn was taken aback. “That’s,” he lifted her chin once more so that he was looking her straight in the eyes, “What you were so scared about?”

She wanted to look down again, but he didn’t let her. “Syd,” he said in a very authoritative voice. “I don’t…. I mean, I wouldn’t.… Why would you think…,” he stumbled. “We just got together,” he said. “And I love you. There’s no way in hell right now that I’d even let you leave, even if you wanted to,” he smiled.

“Good. And I love you, too,” she smiled back, giving him a peck on the lips. She let her legs slide down his so that they were on the floor again. He didn’t let go of her yet, though.

A few minutes later they walked back out to the pool, hand in hand. Weiss just rolled his eyes. “I knew you guys weren’t fighting,” he sighed.

Just to annoy him, Vaughn stopped suddenly, placed his hands on Sydney’s cheeks, and kissed her fervently.

“Mike, you suck,” Weiss announced as he got off oh his inflatable lounger. “I’m going home. Thanks for inviting me over, Syd.”
Poor Sydney, did she actually think they would break up? :thinking:
I love how Vaughn kissed Sydney infront of Weiss. :lol:
I can not absolutly wait for more.
Thank you for the pm.
:surf:

That was great. :D
This is what I look forward to all day.

I love that she did that and that they made out like that. :P
It is so great that they are so close.

Poor Sydney, did she actually think they would break up? :thinking:
I love how Vaughn kissed Sydney infront of Weiss. :lol:
I can not absolutly wait for more.
Thank you for the pm.
:surf:
glad i could make your day.
next update wed.

great ud, i knew you wouldnt break them up, i cant wait to read the sark lauren part, i hope syd and vaughn turn the tables on them

I really liked that chapter too. They are so cute together. Poor Weiss being subjected to all that.

Can't wait for more

Thanks for the PM
i'd like to say they give weiss a break in the future, but then i'd be lying ^_^

Oh that was sooo good!!

Weiss is so funny!!

Great chapter can't wait for more

Thanx for the PM
weiss'll just get FUNNIER. promise. ;)

great ud, i knew you wouldnt break them up, i cant wait to read the sark lauren part, i hope syd and vaughn turn the tables on them
i could never break them up.
& that part comes closer than you'd think :thinking:

I love this fic way too much. I don't think it is healthy, lol. That was such a good cahpter. Poor Weiss :blush: !! Thanks so much for the PM :smiley:

~Andrea :angelic:
i love this fic too (y)

Back