the edge of something new

you know, lucky for me, i will have absolutely no time to read your threats replies today.

Chapter Ninety-Six

Graduation days came and went. Diplomas, with honors, were received. Bags were packed into four cars and transported from homes to ocean side summer homes. Smiles were given and returned in secrecy. Bathing suites were worn. Suntans, and sunburns, were begotten. Sleepovers occurred. Sexual tension was built up. Jokes were told, and laughed at.

All was well.

Hands were held. Ice cream and pizza were eaten. Water was drunk. SPF was applied. Splashing took place. Sandals and sunglasses were everyday accessories. Caring voicemails, emails, and instant messages were left. Songs blasted through stereos. Swimming was a daily activity.

All was as it should have been.

Movies were watched. Dinners were eaten. Breakfasts were served in bed. The sun shined. Books were read. Pictures were taken. Laziness was the norm. Skating was done on ice. Thoughts were provoking.

It was summer, at last.

Jack was away on a business trip. This one was to last for about a week. As she usually did, Sydney had the house to herself. She felt abnormally comfortable in her own skin as of late. For the two weeks that she and Vaughn, and their parents, had been at the beach, everything was perfect. Beautifully perfect. Indescribably perfect. Magically perfect.

The two of them were at Sydney’s one night, watching 50 First Dates. Vaughn’s arm was around Sydney’s shoulders, and all four of their feet were up on the coffee table so that they could be sitting extremely comfortably.

Not much talking was going on. Just arbitrary, intimate smiles every now and then were exchanged. They both knew, without actually speaking with each other, that they were playing a game of sorts. One where they were not allowed to speak, they only had to attempt to read the other’s mind. Since they were both competitive, neither of them wanted to admit if they were unsure. But each of them were pretty certain that they knew exactly what was going on, which only brought on more smiles.

Something unusual was happening to Sydney. She was beginning to experience deep feelings of lust, not love. Every time she looked at Vaughn the feeling increased immensely, and her smile would broaden. When this happened, Vaughn was a little confused on what exactly was going through her mind, and he made it known by giving her puzzled looks. Sydney scooted even closer to him, so now their thighs were touching and overlapping on the couch cushion.

The movie was halfway through.

“Okay, I can’t watch this with you staring at me,” Vaughn said as he turned to look at her.

“I’m not doing a thing,” she insisted.

He smiled and turned his head back to the TV. Sydney was looking at him. She was lost in him, just thinking about everything they had gone through since the day they met, about how much better her life had been since she’d met him.

Three minutes later Vaughn turned to look at her again. “What? Is there something on my face?” Vaughn asked, wiping the corners of his mouth with his left hand, rubbing off imaginary crumbs.

“No, nothing on your face,” she smiled.

He was perplexed. “Then what?” he questioned.

“I just love you,” she shrugged.

“I love you, too,” he repeated.

“I know,” she grinned.

He could tell she had some kind of ulterior motive, or plan, or intention stored in her mind. But for the life of him he had no idea what it was. So, he let it go and just smiled back at her.

“Okay, I give up,” he said a few moments later.

“Give up on what?” she asked.

“Whatever you’re thinking of. I have no idea. My mind is blank,” he informed.

She quickly gave him a peck on the lips. “Maybe you shouldn’t think so hard. I was only thinking of you.”

He gently cupped her face. Before kissing her, he said, “Then I should stop reading into these types of things.”

Sitting side by side somehow turned into Sydney on Vaughn’s lap, her hands cupping his face, her legs around his waist, his arms around hers, holding onto her.

They broke for air.

“What the hell were we talking about?” Vaughn exhaled.

“When were we talking?” Sydney chuckled. One look at his emerald eyes, and she felt drawn to his lips once again. As she kissed him fervently, her mind was in overdrive. She wanted him more than she ever wanted anything else in the world. Her heart screamed at its highest volume that she loved him with all of it and more. The lightheadedness she felt, she was one hundred percent sure, was due to all of the emotions that were running freely through her body. Never before had she felt this way, which only reinforced her belief that Vaughn was her soul mate.

The more she pondered it over, the more history backed up her gut feeling. Vaughn was always there when she needed him, even if he didn’t always exactly know what was going on. Everything he did had the objective of making her happy. Though he never told her, she knew one of his goals was to make her laugh because he loved hearing it. He loved her without question, without boundary. Most definitely he was not after her family’s money, even though they had more than his.

Technical matters like money did not come between them. They did what they could afford and that was the end of it. No questions were ever asked. It was a wordless agreement they made long ago.

Abruptly, she broke the kiss. Vaughn had no idea what was going on, and to tell the truth, Sydney wasn’t so sure either. Gradually, she eased herself off of Vaughn’s lap and onto the rug that covered the hardwood floor. This time, she didn’t smile. She was too enamored with him to do so. Neither did she speak. With her hand, she grasped the back of his head and controlled it so that his lips met hers. Then, she deepened the kiss as he sat and remained standing on the rug with her bare feet.

“Come on,” she said quietly, asking him to follow her upstairs.

Then Vaughn knew was her ulterior moment was. She was ready, and wanted to lose her virginity, to him, on that very night. He hesitated; he actually hesitated. But then he followed her.

He sighed softly before walking into her room. She practically slammed him against her closed bedroom door when he entered. Vaughn gently pushed her away.

She looked at him, confused, unsure, and hurt.

His eyes conveyed that his thoughts were conflicting, and what he was about to say would not be easy. He sighed again, this time audibly. “Syd… we can’t,” he said very quietly.

Now she was, in addition to the other feelings, mad. “We can’t,” she repeated, feeling like an idiot. This was the second time she wanted to initial their first time and it was the second time she was being turned down. She took a step backwards from him, so that there was a good foot between them. “Tell me: why the hell not?” she said loudly, a mixed emotion clouding her brown eyes.

“Syd,” he said, wanting her to calm down.

“No,” she said. “Seriously, what’s wrong this time? Is it because it’s at my house, because I don’t care where it is,” she said. “We can go to your house if you want. It doesn’t matter,” she said.

He didn’t say anything for about ten seconds. Then he spoke. “It’s not because it’s at your house. And you know what, it matters to me: not where it’s at, but when it is.”

“Well, then…,” she opened, trying to think of another reason for her side of the story. That’s when she found one. “It’s me, isn’t it?” she asked. “Oh my god,” she mumbled, running a hand through her hair. “You keep rejecting me,” she concluded. “You might not care where it is, but you definitely care when and with whom. You’re with me, and don’t want it to be me,” she accused.

“I have not been ‘rejecting’ you,” Vaughn insisted. “And you know that’s bullshit.”

“Really?” she said with a raised voice. “Because here I thought being told ‘no’ meant rejection. If it doesn’t, then, please, enlighten me on what it does mean,” she huffed angrily.

He wasn’t appreciating her lack of an open mind. “You’re taking this the wrong way,” Vaughn said.

“I don’t think I am!” she shouted. She was now over three feet away from him, by her bed; he was still by the door. “Look,” she said, “I don’t know what it is, but you obviously don’t love me as much as I love you,” she alleged.

Vaughn’s face showed pure irritation. “Oh, don’t even confuse this with love. You know that’s not true.”

“I don’t know what to know anymore except for the facts!”

“Okay,” he said angrily. “You want to know why we haven’t had sex yet?” he asked lividly. “Because I’m scared, okay?” he yelled. “Everything’s been so great between us, and I’m scared that sex is going to change our dynamic and I don’t know if I’m ready for that yet,” he admitted as he shouted. “And to tell you the truth, I’m a little concerned you haven’t given it thought. I mean, you’re leaving in less than two months.”

Sydney said the only thing she could think of at the moment, knowing full well she would regret it in the very near future. “You told me to go.”

For a moment, he studied her face. He knew she was smart; her grades were evidence that she was. So he was now wondering how she could be so stupid. “This isn’t about you leaving,” he clarified. She didn’t have a response. Then, something clicked in his brain. “Maybe I just care about you more than you do about me,” he said before turning the golden knob on the door. Before he walked out into the hallway, he glared at her. “I’ve actually put thought into this because I want it to be special, for you. You just want to get it over with.”

Sydney scurried to the doorway, wanting to catch up to him. “Vaughn,” she called after him. He stopped, but didn’t turn around. “W-where are you going?” she stumbled. Tears began to well in her eyes.

“Home,” he said gruffly. He pivoted on his heel. “Or is that not okay with you?” he asked rhetorically.

Her face fell. “Vaughn,” she said, begging him to come back. But, instead, all she heard were his footsteps descending the stairs and the front door opening and closing.

He was gone.

PM LIST
Alias_equals_love
Prediction 47
SYD96
Vaughnlover15
hannahb
xMountineer02300844x
SydVaughn1001
Syd26
Garner_Chick6
Syd_ Vaughn
Bubbles
74Aliaschickita47
LaurenRachael
Ams4alias
deranged_girl
Syd_Vaughn 4ver
Sydneysidekick6
angels_fire_88
SpygirlAmy
Vaughnroxmysox
aliasdancer007
vaughnshoney
KAC
Tunita
shotput25ash
SydneyVaughn47
texasalias2004
alias_chick_47
Lor_Aliasfan47
ae_gurl293
Sydney A Vaughn
SuperDuck123
stealthy
LifesMystery
Lovygirl
lil_aussie_sez

Lost soul
frangipani
alizas
Jen-Jen
freckles3706
cupcake55
BrownEyedGirl
Nancy O
Crazy for Alias
maddy28
wiseman
stella1
meghanlyn85
invisible
kromrell
Krista Bristow
ALiAs*syd&vaughn*
undercover_spy
PointguysGirl
Ms.MichaelVaughn
blualoha
Vaughn-a-holic!439
AliasFreak90210
atekamel
sydney_alias_vaughn
Queen of hearts
mv4me
aliasisthebest
gabbi_vaughn
SpyJules
fire*N*ice
smartgirl2004
Chicketepee
milkywayk018
Carol_Br47
ASIOagent

Silvinha
scullymulder1234
Nicky_Bristow
Catpin
funkymonkey
VaughnSydlver93
dandan
k-mila
buckeyealum2000
Julia47Thorne
grassyass
Addicted 2 Alias
MontrealRocks
Faye Vaughn
blknight
Kate_14
gtwallichs
tubby
supa spy grl k7
Lily Ella
47tttsv
krzykty57789
leelow13
Syd&Vaughn4eva
Donniegirl

ADDICT LIST
#1 Bubbles
#2 Alias_equals_love
#3 SYD96
#4 LaurenRachael
#5 Prediction 47
#6 Vaughnlover15
#7 kunagirl86
#8 xMountineer02300844x
#9 maddy28
#10 KAC
#11 alias_chick_47
#12 stealthy
#13 invisible
#14 74Aliaschickita47
#15 undercover_spy
#16 gabbi_vaughn
#17 Addicted 2 Alias
#18 funkymonkey
#19 tubby
#27 angels_fire_88
#47 Chicketepee
#69 Garner_Chick6

Wh...Wh...What? :cry: No. He can't leave! He can't! *shakes head* Cari, you better fix this. I can't yell at you to get the point across because I'm in too much shock right now.

Great update. Thanks for the PM.

~Karen

OMG NOOOOOOOOO! NO NO NO NO NO NO NO!
they will make up, won't they?!?! and eveything will be happy, happy, happy, right? RIGHT!?

Anyway, this was really good! REALLY good, just don't leave us hanging.
*looks at cari with cute little eyes* "please".

~lily~

Well, Vaughn should've said that he was scared before and Sydney should've thought about that. It's not only her virginity, it's his too and he has a point about them being apart.

As in all fights, they're both to blame. Vaughn really should've said something because Sydney actually doesn't read minds and of course she'd feel rejected with him saying 'no'. He needs to trust in them, they love each other and in their case sex comes from love. That's how Sydney is seeing it and she isn't worried at all. I guess she should've been worrying about how he feels about it.

Now they just need to talk it out. -_-

Absolutely loved that chapter!

OMG NOOOOOOOOO! NO NO NO NO NO NO NO!
they will make up, won't they?!?! and eveything will be happy, happy, happy, right? RIGHT!?

Anyway, this was really good! REALLY good, just don't leave us hanging.
*looks at cari with cute little eyes* "please".

~lily~
not the cute little eyes!

Well, Vaughn should've said that he was scared before and Sydney should've thought about that. It's not only her virginity, it's his too and he has a point about them being apart.

As in all fights, they're both to blame. Vaughn really should've said something because Sydney actually doesn't read minds and of course she'd feel rejected with him saying 'no'. He needs to trust in them, they love each other and in their case sex comes from love. That's how Sydney is seeing it and she isn't worried at all. I guess she should've been worrying about how he feels about it.

Now they just need to talk it out. -_-

Absolutely loved that chapter!
all very valid points

*breathes*

In.

Out.

*stops breathing*

*goes into cardiac arrest*

GAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*dies*

*cmes back from the dead to haunt you*

You!
YOU!
YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*sobs*

I CANT BELIEVE YOU DID THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
GAH!!!!

Oh, mother of f**king GOD!
*dies AGAIN*

...I...

Im... FAR too emotional and BITTER, and PISSSED! to leave a decent review...

You...You....

*narrows eyes*

You dont even deserve the title of EVIL anymore...

Your new offocial name is SATAN!

....and you just wait for Katy's review...

I dont even have to read it to know im going to agree with EVERY word!

HOW COULD YOU!?!?!?!

*storms off*

Thanks for the frekain' PM!
Ash

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH. MYYYYYYYYYYYY. FUUUUUUUUUUCKING. GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD.

ITS A DAMN GOOD THING YOU AREN'T HERE... CAUSE IF YOU WERE, YOU'D SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO BE DEAD RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!

:devil: :angry:

:stretcher:

HOW THE HELL COULD YOU DO THIS TO ME (us)!?! HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW YOU ARE SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO DAMN MEAN! :devil:

Your new offocial name is SATAN!
SO DAMN TRUE! :devil: <-- Cause that's SOOO You.

IM LIKE FUCKIN' SHAKING WITH ANGER NOW! THIS IS BAD!

Sleepovers occurred. Sexual tension was built up. Jokes were told, and laughed at.
IT STARTED OUT GOOD! Sexual Tension = Good. Think S2.

This. Bad.

Something unusual was happening to Sydney. She was beginning to experience deep feelings of lust, not love. Every time she looked at Vaughn the feeling increased immensely, and her smile would broaden. When this happened, Vaughn was a little confused on what exactly was going through her mind, and he made it known by giving her puzzled looks. Sydney scooted even closer to him, so now their thighs were touching and overlapping on the couch cushion.
Okay, still good.. Syd's horny, and who could frackin blame her.
Just LOOK at MV!

:thud:

That's enough to put me in a :stretcher: right there.

He was perplexed. “Then what?” he questioned.

“I just loved you,” she shrugged.

“I love you, too,” he repeated.

“I know,” she grinned.
I'm REALLY hoping thats a damn typo.

“What the hell were we talking about?” Vaughn exhaled.

“When were we talking?” Sydney chuckled. One look at his emerald eyes, and she felt drawn to his lips once again. As she kissed him fervently, her mind was in overdrive. She wanted him more than she ever wanted anything else in the world. Her heart screamed at its highest volume that she loved him with all of it and more. The lightheadedness she felt, she was one hundred percent sure, was due to all of the emotions that were running freely through her body. Never before had she felt this way, which only reinforced her belief that Vaughn was her soul mate.
Okay, so horny doesn't even begin to describe Syd. God DAMN!

He sighed softly before walking into her room. She practically slammed him against her closed bedroom door when he entered. Vaughn gently pushed her away.

She looked at him, confused, unsure, and hurt.

His eyes conveyed that his thoughts were conflicting, and what he was about to say would not be easy. He sighed again, this time audibly. “Syd… we can’t,” he said very quietly.
OH.MY.GOD.

HES A frackin GUY! HES NOT SUPPOSED TO SAY THAT!!!! HES SUPPOSED TO BE JUMPING HER BONES AND BEING LIKE HURRY IT UP!!!

THIS IS THE ONLY TIME I WISH HE WASNT SUCH A gorram GENTLEMAN!!!!

Now she was, in addition to the other feelings, mad. “We can’t,” she repeated, feeling like an idiot. This was the second time she wanted to initial their first time and it was the second time she was being turned down. She took a step backwards from him, so that there was a good foot between them. “Tell me: why the hell not?” she said loudly, a mixed emotion clouding her brown eyes.

“Syd,” he said, wanting her to calm down.

“No,” she said. “Seriously, what’s wrong this time? Is it because it’s at my house, because I don’t care where it is,” she said. “We can go to your house if you want. It doesn’t matter,” she said.

He didn’t say anything for about ten seconds. Then he spoke. “It’s not because it’s at your house. And you know what, it matters to me: not where it’s at, but when it is.”

“Well, then…,” she opened, trying to think of another reason for her side of the story. That’s when she found one. “It’s me, isn’t it?” she asked. “Oh my god,” she mumbled, running a hand through her hair. “You keep rejecting me,” she concluded. “You might not care where it is, but you definitely care when and with whom. You’re with me, and don’t want it to be me,” she accused.
I'm going to go crawl in a corner and die now.

:cry:

[qupte]“I have not been ‘rejecting’ you,” Vaughn insisted. “And you know that’s bullshit.”

“Really?” she said with a raised voice. “Because here I thought being told ‘no’ meant rejection. If it doesn’t, then, please, enlighten me on what it does mean,” she huffed angrily.

He wasn’t appreciating her lack of an open mind. “You’re taking this the wrong way,” Vaughn said.

“I don’t think I am!” she shouted. She was now over three feet away from him, by her bed; he was still by the door. “Look,” she said, “I don’t know what it is, but you obviously don’t love me as much as I love you,” she alleged.

Vaughn’s face showed pure irritation. “Oh, don’t even confuse this with love. You know that’s not true.”

“I don’t know what to know anymore except for the facts!”
[/quote]
SERIOUSLY! WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH MICHAEL!? :(

“Okay,” he said angrily. “You want to know why we haven’t had sex yet?” he asked lividly. “Because I’m scared, okay?” he yelled. “Everything’s been so great between us, and I’m scared that sex is going to change our dynamic and I don’t know if I’m ready for that yet,” he admitted as he shouted. “And to tell you the truth, I’m a little concerned you haven’t given it thought. I mean, you’re leaving in less than two months.”

Sydney said the only thing she could think of at the moment, knowing full well she would regret it in the very near future. “You told me to go.”

For a moment, he studied her face. He knew she was smart; her grades were evidence that she was. So he was now wondering how she could be so stupid. “This isn’t about you leaving,” he clarified. She didn’t have a response. Then, something clicked in his brain. “Maybe I just care about you more than you do about me,” he said before turning the golden knob on the door. Before he walked out into the hallway, he glared at her. “I’ve actually put thought into this because I want it to be special, for you. You just want to get it over with.”
I DONT CARE HOW DAMN SWEET HE IS, THIS IS STILL AWFUL! AND ME AND VAUGHN ARE SO IN A FIGHT NOW.

SO ARE ME AND YOU AS A MATTER OF FACT!!!!!!!!! (Just so you know! :D )

Sydney scurried to the doorway, wanting to catch up to him. “Vaughn,” she called after him. He stopped, but didn’t turn around. “W-where are you going?” she stumbled. Tears began to well in her eyes.

“Home,” he said gruffly. He pivoted on his heel. “Or is that not okay with you?” he asked rhetorically.

Her face fell. “Vaughn,” she said, begging him to come back. But, instead, all she heard were his footsteps descending the stairs and the front door opening and closing.

He was gone.
AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

gorram IT ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THIS IS JUST.... I HAVE NO WORDS!!!!

I can't even make myself say I loved the chap because I'm still mad.

<_<

AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

YOU ARE AN EVIL EVIL EVIL EVIL EVIL EVIL PERSON! :devil:

POST MORE SOON!! AHHHHHHH! I CANNOT WAIT FOR MORE!

They do have to make up after all! ;) :naughty:

ETA: The damn quotes didn't work!!

Back