The experience I want

Nnem

Cadet
Ever notice how this forum community is? Everyone just coming together hainging out, talking, chatting, bumming. Everyone talks to eachother, takes time to answer questions (really well) and say hi. You have a few people who obviously seem more, expreienced* than others. You can only see this however when they are sharing their knowledge. Its not like they are acting all high and mighty (except blur).

You have people making cracks here and there ;)

I want something like this to carry on into a game. An MMO with people like this. Not a guild like this, but people in general. I guess when compared to in game, this forum is rather similar to a guild. I just wish the entire community would be like this.

Of course an MMO is more geared towards RL where you have the nice and the rude. You will never be able to get rid of that. Its not really something that is terrible, or something that would even come close to causing me to stop playing a game (unless the whole population was mean :()

What do you think are the chances that people in this forum all end up on the same server? It would be amazing if that happend.

P.S I kid blur :smiley:

Well, I have sometimes thought about starting a thread along the lines of, "What server do you want to be on?" but without a lot of information yet, it has seemed premature. But I have thought of that kind of thing, for sure.

There's a good group of people here and even though all of you won't be in TCO - for whatever reason - there are still people who it would be great to see on "our" server.

Nnem, I know you kid. Still not entirely sure why you single me out in your posts, but I can take it :smiley:

Yeah, the pleasantness of this forum is why I check here almost daily and check the official forum maybe once a week.

As for server, I'm going to end up on the test server if offered. If not, I dunno, depends on what types are being offered; I'll be avoiding PvP like the plague and might be splitting my time on a heavy RP and standard server unless I find myself up to the real RP challenge this time.

We should all end up on the same server on porpous(damn I can't spell)(if it can handle us) (half pun intended) That'd be tight. It'd also be sorta cool just to fit as many people into one guild on purpose(is this one right? Lol).

I found that comradeship in DR. Must be a Simutronics thing because I've never really found it in another game (besides Eve Online). Hero's Journey should be everything we on the forums are looking for in a MMORPG.

Actually, there is precedent for this. SWG as an example. Really any MMO that has a thriving Pre-Launch community is prone to this. Simply because we get to know one another and that we end up being a "group" by default. Most people's desire is to continue this association once the game actually launches.
Transplanting an active community onto a newly launched game/server only serves to jump start and set the tone of the new server's community.

Hey, this is great! We've the the sense of community, now all we need is the game! *waits a little while* uh... there is a game coming right? *waits a little more* :P

Seriously though, I'm all up for that.

Dirk Gently said:
Actually, there is precedent for this. SWG as an example. Really any MMO that has a thriving Pre-Launch community is prone to this. Simply because we get to know one another and that we end up being a "group" by default. Most people's desire is to continue this association once the game actually launches.
Transplanting an active community onto a newly launched game/server only serves to jump start and set the tone of the new server's community.
Yeah, the SWG days are my touchstone for this. Even before we were beta testing we were throwing the idea around.

Looks like we have a good idea, but will we pull it off? And how will we know who is who. Not all of us will be named our HH names. Post them on here maybe?

Well first we need to know the names of the servers, in addition to any conditions, such as which are the more harcore RP servers, which are set side for premium accounts (if such things exist, etc), and then we just come to a consensus. We don't need to know who will be named what, months in advance. The more important thing is just the name of the server so peopl eknow where to go in the first place.

Very clever, yes...good for me I have a like of argueing a point with someone good at argueing back that I was born with. Usually only points I support fairly interested in but not sometimes.

Back