The Groupies Group #41 - A fresh new place to be

Avdotya

Cadet
The Groupies Group is a place for friends to come and hang out and talk. We welcome new people, and hope old members will come back. We are fun and supportive and many of us have become close knit friends over the last 2 years. We'd love to start new friendships too though.

groupies.gif

#19 - Ditzy Immy (Immy)
[color="3333FF"]#20 - Luke47 (Luke)[/color]
[color="33CC00"]#21 - Beegurl13 (Brandi) [/color]
Important Dates (see above for more)
March 2nd - Luke's birthday
June 20 - Brandi's birthday

so i was looking at your profile....and low and behold, guess what i saw!!!

*thud* its ur birthday!!!thats soo exciting!!! i hope you had some fun : :cheers: or :stereo: ,and got some sweets 🍦 !!! i would have jumped on a :Plane: and wish you the bestest birthday....but i cant, maybe some one will just serenade you!! :serenade:

in other words..... HAPPY BIRTHDAY linds!!! hope you had a good day!!

so basicly, there is not happybirthday smiley on here....not cool might i add, but i do think this one is cute!!:dogrun: tho maybe bc hes just going so fast.... eh who knows!?!

aw thanks :smiley: I had a descent day :D

Glad you found the thread. Mind you I did give you a direct link, so I guess you would have. I hope others find us. Now we wait for Immy. I did invite a couple other people to join us but I don't know if they will. After what's happened, and after things that are happening right now in another thread, I really want to reach my arms out to certain people to let them know they are welcome here. Groupies is a good place. A welcoming place. There is free speech, acceptance, warmth, seriousness and playfulness and love. I love this place. But I miss my quartetians and the other groupies. It will never be what it was. But we can still keep it going and try and make it good. I still love this place

I hope the other people come!! you are exactly right about groupies!!

meee too!! i sent lee an email with a link! i assume Immy will find us!

so i realised on SD we had almost need a new thread, we were lke 3ish pgs away from one...its weird how on here you can see a thread thats like 300 pgs long!!

im glad you had a good day, did you do anything to celebrate you bday?!

I sent immy the same email as you. She'll find us. I told Tess, Caity and Meaghan but I doubt we will see them.

I went out to dinner with my mom. Had cheesecake and presents. Went to school. I wish it was friday so I didn't have to go to bed soon.

FIRST OFF HAPPY BDAY LINDS
HAPPY BDAY TO YOU
HAPPY BDAY TO YOU
HAPPY BADY DEAR LINDSEY
HAPPY BDAY TO YOU !!!!!!!!!
HIP HIP HORRAY, HOPE ALL YOUR DREAMS AND ASPIRATIONS COME TRUE AND HAVE ANTHER BRILLANT YEAR !!!!
I'm gald you had a fun day, ditto what Rach if i had money i would have flown over there and said happy bday in person.
I had joined here in 2005 who new lol i didn't !
Wow you can have 300 pages here !!!!I just realised that i never joined Groupies i have been chatting her for a few years but never joined lol maybe we should change that !
New people please come and join we don't bite or anything but i do ramble a lot of the time !
The more people the better.
It is so brill to have some to post since the old place is gone.....but not forgotten.
Although i was up to 3,000 posts at sd-1 i gotta re start here which is so annoying back at the beginning!
Yah i got both your messages but i hadn't checked my email today i worked from to 9 am to 930pm 9-330 at the day care and 430-930 at jesters gee how i love my life !
I have workad all week at a day care the children so cute albiet sometimes little well umm shits but still cute especially 18-31/2 group which i spend most of my time with they are so cute, although they do want a lot of cuddles but that is fine although your arms do get bit especially when big four year old boys want cuddles and want you to play the same games with them as you do with the toddlers which is flicking them on there backs and back up and so on and so forth large samoan four year boy who weighs almost as much me not so easy to flick him backwards and fowards.
But i love it, its nice and also the pay is pretty good !!!!!! which is the most important thing.
Mum and I have taken three days off and we are going away we are thinking to hot pools and will just lie in the pools for three days and relax which we will totally need because in July we are crazy busy at the cay care (my mum is the supervisior). Plus these three days will be my entire holiday all the rest of the time that i should get off i won't because i am working at the centre oh well what can i do i need the money.
I have finally completed my CV so that my lecturer can woo ASH into talking me for my clinical i really hope he can i so badly wanna go there they have health policy stuff !!!!
In reply to your email Rach, yeah i started to get panic attacks when i was 13, sometime i can stop them before they get to extreme and other times like on monday i just can't and well it not a pretty site and sometimes they strike for no reason.
I "interanlise" to much not my word my old therapist all because i got an ulcer at 17 which is some kind of medical weirdness you shouldn't be able to give yourself one so young ya da da da......
About POTC IT WAS BRILLANT
If you have NOT seen Pirates of the Caribbean do NOT read it has a huge spoiler !!!!!
The extra scene showed a little boy age 9 (william Turner the III !!!!!!!!!!) EEEEEEEEKKKKK walking along a grassy cliff singing the priate song and Elizabeth walks up behind him and puts her arms him and pulls him close and he keeps on singing the song, and they are looking the horizon and there is Will on ship on mask swinging out to look for Elizabeth grinning. By the way because she was there that means the curse has been broken and he no longer has to be captain and can be with her and doesn't need to wait ten years for a booty call it was sweet brillant and totally made the film for me. I am taking my dad to see POTC because he wants to see Keith Richards and i want to rewatch it and giggle and cry and swoon
Rach your Spanish book sounds good lol !
Oh no becoming an Adult SUCKS put it off for as long as you can nothing good comes from it except tiredness, stress and a bloody overdraft.
Ok so i will go now and study for my social policy exam and stop procrasintating !!!!!!!
So glad to have this place i must say !!!!!! Hello new internet home!
Great work Linds and Rach.

Immy, being an adult can suck, but so can being a teenager. I had a terrible teenagehood and I'm glad its over.

Glad you found us!

I feel like I'm home.

Anyways, I'm sitting in class on my laptop and I have terrible stomach ache. And the drink I brought made me feel nauseated. Uck. Its the same one I bring everyday. I don't know why it bothers me today. I'm eating cookies to try and settle my stomach.

sweet POTC3 scene!! i want to go see it again...just so i can go see that scene at the end!!

immy i cant believe it...you truely dont have your name on the list :thud: !!

so im going out of town for the wk end with my friend and her family! im excited bc....shopping!! yay!!!

so my best friend, her dog was really sick and continued to get worse, they put him to sleep this morning...he was barely 5 yrs old, its sooo sad. SHe was SOOO attached to her dog, i just dont know what to say to her. I feel bad that im going out of town, i will only really be gone tomm and part of sunday but still...i just feel so hopeless! *sigh*

im gunna go watch a junior futures tennis tourney with my friend!...i hope its fun! (a couple of my friends are playing in it, i would have...but im too lazy :lol: )

I can't believe Immy isn't on the groupies list. She of course is a groupie nonetheless.

Rachel, have a fun weekend :smiley:

:eek:ldhi: Lee!

As for SD-1, I'll stick to what I know, and thus this will be vague. Please put all talk of this in spoiler tags because its upsetting to a lot of people. Secondly, spoiler tags don't work if you have smilies or images in them. and they dont work when you quick edit

1) A few members of the management left recently
2) the other day, a weblink to a site was put up at SD-1 in every thread (presumably hacked in) The website was sd-unmasked (which might be down now. It was taken down before. I don't know if it is back).
3) SD-1 went down after all of this and an announcement will be posted soon at the temp boards. I'll post a link if you don't have it.

Now, there has been a lot of speculation as to what happen. I did read everything on the SD-unhacked website. It basically showed what went on behind the scenes. They revealed a lot of private PMs and some threads in the admin forum. A lot of bad stuff was said about people, including Aliasscape and Aliasfix and a lot of other people, including people in the management.

And well, there has been a lot of anger regarding the speculation. Fighting has happened in the SD-1 refugee thread because of it. Aliasscape has forever left that thread because of the fighting directed at her for wanting to talk about the issues. Other people had asked that none of this be talked about. So it was a big controversy. I got dragged into it because I was defending Mel (Aliasscape -- who I invited to come here). Anyways, I plan to leave the issues alone in that thread and not discuss it with those people any longer.

Oh, if you go to the temp boards, there is a bit of an annoucnement. It doesn't tell you anything though. It just says don't speculate about it. And all of this 'we can't talk about it' has lead to a lot of fighting. Luke got in trouble for speculating. Anyways, I invited him to come to groupies.

Anyways well, this is groupies and we talk about our issues here. So unless someone from allalias management comes and tells me otherwise, we can talk about it here. But for anyone who wants to talk about this, please don't claim to know something when you don't. And try to leave speculation out. Lets talk about issues we know, not what we think might have happened.

Anyways, if people come and see that I am talking about it, I might get some backlash, but there is NO fighting allowed in groupies. We can talk about issues. But civilly.

OH AND GO HERE FOR MORE: The Unloading Zone

Hey there i should be studying for social policy but here i am on this board chatting with Linds on MSN i will get around to study eventually.
Lee EEEEEEEEKKKKKK so glad to hear from ya been a long time.
Rach hope you have fun on weekend away, that totally sucks about your friends dog, i was so sad when we had to put my dog down. I think all you can do is try and be there for her.
Oh thanks Rach and Linds ya i don't no how im not on list either lol.
Maybe you should add me???

Well, I'm here!! YAY! Thanks for the invite, Lindsey. For my colour, I piiiickk.... color #3333FF

Good to see the SD-1 ers.

eta: my birthday is March 2nd, if that counts as an important date 🤷

Sorry spoilers aren't working...I'll have to edit it later...
Wow! I totally had no idea.
Seriously. People need to chill out. How the hell can people be mad at and say mean things about people they don't even really know. Drama kills everything. I hope it can really be worked out... or else I really am going to cry. :cry: I don't want my SD-1 gone!!! I wonder who the hacker was?? that stupid person...

can you post a link to the temp board...I don't have it. All I have is the livejournal status page and nothing has been posted there.
How long has this been going on?? or was this just a big blow up?

p.s. I tried to go to the unmasked site but there is nothing there...they must have taken it down....
Thanks for the details Av!

It's great to talk to everyone again!!! :hi:

Today was my last day of school!! I just got home from partyin' it up. YA! ....and my parents are in Vegas. :woot:

ANNOUNCEMENT
Okay, I'm working at an extreme disadvantage here, because I have no idea what's going on. However, I feel that it is a good idea for everyone in this thread to not speak about what went on at SD-1 before its closing

If you would like to talk about your personal lives, your pets, your families, your favorite music and tv shows that's fine. Have at it. But dont talk about SD-1, the mods, or the members there.

Thank you.

I can't believe Immy isn't on the groupies list. She of course is a groupie nonetheless.

Rachel, have a fun weekend :smiley:

:eek:ldhi: Lee!

As for SD-1, I'll stick to what I know, and thus this will be vague. Please put all talk of this in spoiler tags because its upsetting to a lot of people. Secondly, spoiler tags don't work if you have smilies or images in them. and they dont work when you quick edit

1) A few members of the management left recently
2) the other day, a weblink to a site was put up at SD-1 in every thread (presumably hacked in) The website was sd-unmasked.com (which might be down now. It was taken down before. I don't know if it is back).
3) SD-1 went down after all of this and an announcement will be posted soon at the temp boards. I'll post a link if you don't have it.

Now, there has been a lot of speculation as to what happen. I did read everything on the SD-unhacked website. It basically showed what went on behind the scenes. They revealed a lot of private PMs and some threads in the admin forum. A lot of bad stuff was said about people, including Aliasscape and Aliasfix and a lot of other people, including people in the management.

And well, there has been a lot of anger regarding the speculation. Fighting has happened in the SD-1 refugee thread because of it. Aliasscape has forever left that thread because of the fighting directed at her for wanting to talk about the issues. Other people had asked that none of this be talked about. So it was a big controversy. I got dragged into it because I was defending Mel (Aliasscape -- who I invited to come here). Anyways, I plan to leave the issues alone in that thread and not discuss it with those people any longer.

Oh, if you go to the temp boards, there is a bit of an annoucnement. It doesn't tell you anything though. It just says don't speculate about it. And all of this 'we can't talk about it' has lead to a lot of fighting. Luke got in trouble for speculating. Anyways, I invited him to come to groupies.

Anyways well, this is groupies and we talk about our issues here. So unless someone from allalias management comes and tells me otherwise, we can talk about it here. But for anyone who wants to talk about this, please don't claim to know something when you don't. And try to leave speculation out. Lets talk about issues we know, not what we think might have happened.

Anyways, if people come and see that I am talking about it, I might get some backlash, but there is NO fighting allowed in groupies. We can talk about issues. But civilly.

Thanks! I don't need to know everything, but I am now not totally lost as to what went down. I did a google search and found some Cached pages of the site you mentioned. WOW is all I can say. That is really sad that things went that far, that someone created a site to air out the dirty laundry. :(

Back