"The Guys Thread" - How many Alias fans are male?

ivand67

Sydney's Lover
I just wanna know how many guys total post at AA to the point where they would actually come to the Member Lounge... (that's men, like, those of us who have balls!)

Sometimes it seems that me and xinli are the only 2 guys! :thinking:

It's cool that Charlie put back the gender under everyone's avatar, although you can tell someone's sex just by their avatar and signature sometimes (and sometimes what they say).

No disrespect to all the chicks, but it sucks because all the point of views on Alias are very female quite often. I rarely point that out (usually never), because I know the girls will turn on me (some may have already, can I say, ummm, "Lauren Reed rocks!").

I once heard that among Americans who go online, 55% are women. I want to believe that there are more guys among Alias fans.

It's hard to believe that Alias isn't up there like The Sopranos getting all kinds of significant recognition. They do get some good acclaim but that's not enough for me. I mean sure, Alias is on ABC and it's not as violent as other shows and it might not have the themes that are rewarded in today's society (like violence and sex!), but Jen is really awesome and the show is great. It's not a show for chicks, although of course, since our super spy Sydney is a chick, the show is bound to have a ton of female fans, which is cool with me.

So I just wanted to know who are the male regulars here and if they can add their opinions on this and any comments on how at least here at AA, it seems like we're so outnumbered by the women!

And the polls on gender have proved that... it's like more than 80% usually. So because of those polls, I often read the gender when I'm looking through a thread (and especially if I'm disagreeing with people).

Count me as one of the guys.

Well, acording to quizilla, "you might go either way, it's hard to tell."

*Mutters something uder breath about internet quizzes.*

Otherwise no.

Sorry! :sorry:

I should have known when it said " "The Guys Thread" - How many Alias fans are male?, Just wanna prove a theory."

Sorry again - curiosity came over me!

Jai

I'll be a-leaving now.

There's an old guys thread. Several of them, I do believe. So you can find out there are lots of guy fans here from that. But since thats old, I dont know how many of those guys are still active. But it's worth a look.

ivand67 said:
I just wanna know how many guys total post at AA to the point where they would actually come to the Member Lounge... (that's men, like, those of us who have balls!)
[post="1004277"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
Is that distinction really necessary? :rolleyes:

hotpot said:
Is that distinction really necessary? :rolleyes:
[post="1004368"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

:confused:

This is exactly the kind of stuff that bothers me.

A guy (or a lot of girls, for that matter), would never call me out on stuff like this (and not because it's a comment about balls, but simply in general - it wouldn't happen.

Listen hotpot, I know you probably hate me for not liking the fact that they never can catch Sark or something, but let me tell ya: whatever you thought I meant with that is NOT what I meant. I simply said that because we have testicles and you don't, and it was just a stupid joke.

It had NOTHING to do with anything else. So I really have nothing to reply to.

m<o>j, I love your avatar BTW! :lol:

ivand67 said:
So I really have nothing to reply to.
[post="1004401"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Yet you still had a lengthy post replying to Suzi. You must understand that other people might not appreciate with the ways things are said, so lets be considerate of others by moving away from this and getting back on topic :smiley:

Sometimes it seems that me and xinli are the only 2 guys!  :thinking:

Just to name a few:

Charlie
AliasALIAS
SecretAgentMan
ehgripo
Sark218
Alias Gay
Gendo
Discord
Former Follower
Tenderbear
ALIAS RULES

;)

It's cool that Charlie put back the gender under everyone's avatar, although you can tell someone's sex just by their avatar and signature sometimes (and sometimes what they say).
Can you tell by my avatar? :smiley:
I think the name's a dead giveaway though....

Just for the record, I don't want Syd and Vaughn to have lots of babies - well, ANY babies at all; I don't think Sark is 'hot'; I don't want Syd and Vaughn to get married onscreen; I don't read or write soppy fan fiction; I hate the colour pink; and if a guy ever got down on his knee to propose to me, or sang to me (a la Danny in the pilot), I think I would be sick!! :D

Sorry, I'll get out of here and let the guys reply.

Sark218 said:
Man we're just a puddle of guys surrounded by an ocean of girls at AA :lol:
[post="1004561"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Yeah... and I'm being targeted again by a certain member of the moderator team who shall remail unnamed.

Forget about that though - it's cool to see the guys jumping in on the thread! :cool:

Now if only some people simply realized that I'm simply kidding, it would save me and some other people a lot of time.

ivand67 said:
Yeah... and I'm being targeted again by a certain member of the moderator team who shall remail unnamed.

Forget about that though - it's cool to see the guys jumping in on the thread!  :cool:

Now if only some people simply realized that I'm simply kidding, it would save me and some other people a lot of time.
[post="1004829"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

If I see that comment one more time I will give you a warning point...

ivand67 said:

Forget about that though - it's cool to see the guys jumping in on the thread!  :cool:

[post="1004829"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
Um, if you were refering to me as the one targeting you - if I were indeed targeting you, you'd know it, thanks. -_- Oh, and my comment about the distinction of balls being a male attribute was sarcasm.

If it seriously would have offended me or I were targeting you, I would have edited your post, but I didn't, so really - I have nothing else to say to you ivand.

Aliasfan13 said:
Is it just me or do guys seem to bash female mods?  :blink:
[post="1005145"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Given there are so few of us, chances are you don't have enough of a sample to really make a generalized statement like that :smiley: In any case, I think Mod bashing regardless of gender is a questionable policy, seeing how they hold all the power.

Xin Li

hotpot said:
Um, if you were refering to me as the one targeting you - if I were indeed targeting you, you'd know it, thanks. -_- Oh, and my comment about the distinction of balls being a male attribute was sarcasm.

If it seriously would have offended me or I were targeting you, I would have edited your post, but I didn't, so really - I have nothing else to say to you ivand.
[post="1005103"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

No, I was not referring to you, so everything's cool. :cool:

Sark218 said:
Man we're just a puddle of guys surrounded by an ocean of girls at AA :lol:
[post="1004561"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
For some reason, Max, I always thought you were a girl. :mellow: I think it was from the randoming days.

Back