"The Guys Thread" - How many Alias fans are male?

Quiet Disaster said:
For some reason, Max, I always thought you were a girl. :mellow:  I think it was from the randoming days.
[post="1005844"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

OMG ... :P

Sorry ... it seems so funny, Joyie ...

I'm sure some people wouldn't like it if I cloned myself! Oh, oh, here they come I can hear them screaming for help!

Hehehe, no seriously, I wish there was something that we could do to make more guys come in here or something...

Like for example, the audience for the new FX show Rescue Me - that's gotta be a lot of guys, though I'm sure a lot of cool girls like that show. I recommend it to all the guys here, it kicks ass!

ivand67 said:
Hehehe, no seriously, I wish there was something that we could do to make more guys come in here or something...

Like for example, the audience for the new FX show Rescue Me - that's gotta be a lot of guys, though I'm sure a lot of cool girls like that show. I recommend it to all the guys here, it kicks ass!
[post="1007834"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

How many guys watch Alias? Is there some statistic that shows the demographics of the Alias audience?

ETA:
Oooh, what's a warning point, and how do I get one? 

Now I'm worried I'm going to do something wrong. 
You don't have to worry about doing something wrong. As long as you have read and understood the AA rules there's no need to worry :smiley:

jess said:
How many guys watch Alias?  Is there some statistic that shows the demographics of the Alias audience?

ETA:

You don't have to worry about doing something wrong.  As long as you have read and understood the AA rules there's no need to worry :smiley:
[post="1008264"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

I think there may be a lot of guys who watch Alias. But there are different levels of watching. A lot of people watch it for the action. If that's the case, they certainly won't show up on a message board like this to talk about it. Guys are not really inclined to discuss stuff like this. So I don't think the ratio of guys vs girls on this forum is an accurate indication of the general gender demographics of Alias watchers.

How many guys watch Alias? Is there some statistic that shows the demographics of the Alias audience?
I think a lot more guys watch it than you would think. It's just that they're less likely to write romantic fan fiction, make pretty wallpapers, dicuss relationships (like S/V), than girls, which is probably why there aren't as many on these boards. Or, why they don't post as often.

I know a lot of guys who watch the show.

Also, the fact the protagonist is female helps to attract a larger female audience.

I said I wasn't going to post in this thread!

While discussion about Alias isn't restricted to ships (even though they seem to be the hottest topics to discuss) maybe guys don't wish to discuss the show unlike girls as you said. But I'm assuming alot.

Why do guys watch Alias? What was the thing(s) that enticed guys to become a fan of the show? (I wonder if the answers will be the same if I asked girls...)

How ironic, the girls are taking over the thread meant to find out how many fans are male :lol:

I'm back again! :lol:

There are so many aspects of Alias to discuss, but everybody seems to love gossiping about Jen's personal life, or daydreaming about how Syd and Vaughn will get married. :ermm:

That's probably why I have about a tenth of the number of posts of some of the people who have been here half as long as me. :smiley:

I know my brother (who's 21) likes Alias because, unlike almost every other show on television, it actually has a decent narrative, and good characters.

jess said:
While discussion about Alias isn't restricted to ships (even though they seem to be the hottest topics to discuss) maybe guys don't wish to discuss the show unlike girls as you said.  But I'm assuming alot. 

Why do guys watch Alias?  What was the thing(s) that enticed guys to become a fan of the show?  (I wonder if the answers will be the same if I asked girls...)

How ironic, the girls are taking over the thread meant to find out how many fans are male :lol:
[post="1008284"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Well, when almost 80% of the people on this board (at least according to the people who responded to the poll) are women, sheer probability is just against you. So of course the ladies are over running the thread. What this also means is that I have to step up my game and make a few more posts :smiley:

Well, I was just pointing out that the thread is clearly asking about guys and asking them to respond but at least half of the responses have come from girls ;)

xinli11, you're not doing too bad for someone who joined a month ago. You have a higher ppd than me ^_^

jess said:
Well, I was just pointing out that the thread is clearly asking about guys and asking them to respond but at least half of the responses have come from girls ;)

xinli11, you're not doing too bad for someone who joined a month ago.  You have a higher ppd than me ^_^
[post="1008318"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Has it only been a month? !! I feel like I've been here forever.

xinli11 said:
I think there may be a lot of guys who watch Alias.  But there are different levels of watching.  A lot of people watch it for the action.  If that's the case, they certainly won't show up on a message board like this to talk about it.  Guys are not really inclined to discuss stuff like this.  So I don't think the ratio of guys vs girls on this forum is an accurate indication of the general gender demographics of Alias watchers.
[post="1008270"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Very, very good point! Couldn't have said it better myself...

Oh, and by the way to the girls posting here, you can post, I didn't say this had to be a "guys-only" thread... or if I did (maybe I did, I just don't remember), whatever, just post however many times you wanna post... it's all good!

But yeah, as it's been said numerous times already - we're invaded by chicks here!

Back