The Promise

Jack has to be ok. :(
And Will took the engagment better than I thought he would.
Thanks for the pm.
Can't wait for the next update. :P
:surf:

OH NO!!!!

but at least he was responsive to irina right :thinking: i mean that's a goo dthing

ohhhhhhhhhh gee this is too frustrating

but will's really good about it :D and jenny :woot: I remember her!!!! cool beans :D :D :D

and i like the big family dinner for her to meet everyone and i really like her whole stuttering about y she came- that made me laugh :D

thanks for the PM :D

That was great ... glad Jack at least had a pulse ... poor Irina was in shock ... like that Syd didnt lie to Will and told him the truth ... hehe Jenny lamo ... is Jack ok ??? ... thanks for the PM ... more soon please

ARGH!!
Ok so ive missed a ton of updates!!
So shoot me, RL sux atm lol!
OMG!
Jack was shot and revived and Syd and Vaughn are all luvy and Will and JENNY lol!!
Ok so that made NO sense but meh u get that!!
UPDATE SOON!

Eep, I have nine minutes till Lost starts, which means nine minutes of rambling my way through another review for another brilliant chapter... Must not stop typing, not even to think! EEP! Okay wasting time now... Let's get on with the point, shall we?

:cry:

I still can't believe this fic is coming to an end, Gee! Is it going to be ending at chapter 72, like you said it would? *sniff* Cos Cai doesn't want it to end... :(

But dude.

Something more important to discuss for the time being... :whistle:

Sydney and Vaughn! Everyone knows about their engagement now! Including Will, and they're actually sincerely okay with it! :woot: *hugs the whole family* Aww.. I can't believe Will wasn't more.. I dunno, upset about it? I mean it's a good thing that it wasn't cos as much as I dislike Will (I have my reasons :P), I don't want him to cwy at the dinner table or anything cos someone announced that Syd and Mikey were getting married....

AHHH!!!

I still can't imagine that... They're actually getting MARRIED! *runs around screaming* M-A-R-R-I-E-D!

*falls off chair*

:thud:

Gosh I can't wait till the wedding... Will Irina and Jack and Nadia get to come back as one big happy family for the wedding? :thinking: I hope they do... Cos what's a wedding without your real family there? :mellow:

Anyway... HAPPY THAT JACK'S ALIVE! Well half alive anyway... Some people like to think that he's half dead, since he's unconscious and the only thing he's got going for him is a measly pulse... But I like to think of it as has alive :smiley:

But YAY!

I suppose it can't be that bad for uh... What's his name again? Doctor Tippen! For Doctor Tippen to tell her that her father's injured/shot... Cos he still IS half alive.. :Paranoid: Or maybe I'm just too hopeful?

Anyways, ran out of time! You're a fantabulous speckle-tack-larr writer, Gee! :woot: Keep up the awesomeness!

Cai
x

Sorry I didn't review earlier. I'm slowly making my way through my pm's.
But OMG!!! Those chapters were so great!!
I hope Jack is ok!¬
I'm glad Sydney and Vaughn are engaged and that Will took it really well.
Jenny is so sweet.
Thanx for the pm
Update soon

*RUNS arounds SCREAMING!*
IT SNOWING WORMS!!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop:
THE SKY IS FALLING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek:
RUN FOR YOUR LIVES PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :run:

Sorry momentary laps of sanity. Blame it on Cait. :P jk jk.

So an update any time soon? :thinking:
Please. :Please: :Please:

SYD96 said:
*RUNS arounds SCREAMING!*
IT SNOWING WORMS!!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! jawdrop:  :jawdrop:  :jawdrop: 
THE SKY IS FALLING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :eek:
RUN FOR YOUR LIVES PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :run: 

Sorry momentary laps of sanity. Blame it on Cait. :P jk jk.
So an update any time soon? :thinking:
Please. :Please:  :Please:
[post="1440649"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
haha dont worry i have my share of insanity too. hehehe thats why my friends call me crazy. :lol: ...working on the update! i mean... ill be working on the update... teehee! i lost my muse. ;) :run: found it! update coming up soon!

YAY!!! I come back from vacation with, like, 4 updates. It was funny that all my Alias fic update alerts, well....it totaled up to 47. I started laughing.....anyway, I loved those chapters!!!! They're gettin' married!!!!

guys, its been... a month i guess since i last updated and i am sure that most of you forgot what this story is about... so, to those who would still like to read... what happened in the previous chapters is that

1. Michael finally remembered.
2. Will knew the truth about Julia.
3. Jack has been shot.
4. Jenny arrived at their dinner.
5. Sydney overheard Luke talking to someone about her father.

Luke - Will's father. *in case you all forgot*

CHAPTER 69

He didn’t want to tell her the truth. Yes, he didn’t want to lie to her, but Chaste was right. The damage that could be done towards this fragile lady could be worse if he were to tell her the truth. For honesty’s sake, he needs to tell her. For ethical issues, as the daughter of a man bordering at the thin line between life and death, she has the right to know. At least, if Jack dies, she was prepared for she knew beforehand.

Will she?

Which is the right thing to do? Should he just wait for the news that Jack will be okay and make up a satisfying lie instead? Or should he tell her the awful truth for she deserves to know? As this train of thoughts clouded Luke’s mind, he was never so unsure his entire life, conflicted like he is now. Here, barely standing in front of him was a broken young woman: A lady who has been deprived of happiness and love for the last two years as a consequence to things, which she is not even responsible of doing. Her only fault was that she was the daughter of Irina Derevko and Jack Bristow. She was brought into this world, innocent as she was then, still innocent to this day. She has accepted her life, embraced it despite how bitter it was, with hopes that there is more to life than this. It will come.

What will?

What will eventually come? Normalcy. The one thing that seemed unattainable. The days turned into weeks, weeks into months, and months into years. She was beginning to lose hope. Yes, she has put this façade that she was doing fine. But he knew better. Her dreams were on the verge of shattering. If it were not for Michael’s unexplainable arrival, he swore that she was on the verge of a nervous breakdown. But all thanks to him, he kept her sane, and vice versa.

But what about now?

Sydney Anne Bristow, a woman who has become a victim of a series of tragedies that destroyed her life, has finally tasted what she deserved for this passed days. Will he be the one who would bring her the news that life is indeed harsh towards her? Will he be the bearer of this truth that she can never again taste a life of normalcy? That the promise of her being reunited to her family is but a dream? A dream that is impossible to achieve? He doesn’t have a choice, as a matter of fact, right?

Did he? Really?

He remembered the number of times where he felt very helpless, desperately trying to save a patient’s life. With the skills he developed by experience, even his ingenuity couldn’t at least help a patient to stay alive, if it were his time. Every time he exhausted all his efforts and tried so hard to save a man’s life, there were times when failure seems to slap him in the face and all he feels is but guilt. And when it was time to inform the patient’s family that he failed, remorse boils up from within him as he blames himself that he could do nothing. He couldn’t accept the fact that the situation just cannot be helped. A patient’s death is inevitable. He was powerless. Life comes and life goes.

This situation he is now facing only stirred up the same feelings he had whenever a patient dies. But Jack isn’t dead yet. He is fighting for his life. The doctor is helping him fight for his life. He knew that those attending to Jack are the best and one feeling that he should have is trust. He should trust that they are able save his friend. He scratched his eyes and felt something damp on his fingers. What brought him into tears? It was the feeling of fear. Uncertainty. Nothing in life is certain. But that notion shouldn’t imply the absence of optimism. They can save him. He was an optimist. Trying. Trying to be optimistic that they can save his friend.

Could they?

They can. He assured himself. If he himself weren’t sure, how can he assure her that they can save her father? He couldn’t even look straight into her eyes for he knew what he would see. He would see in them tremendous pain, suffering and dread, the things he used to see before Michael came. He looked down and traced the marble linings of the floor as he carefully memorized its muddled patterns that connected one to another. He bit his lip and swallowed a huge lump that formed in his throat as he heard her trembling and shaky voice.

“What about my father?” She said, putting emphasis to each word, anger and fear both evident in her tone.

Four words. Four words that brought him such confusion, lost for the words, the right words being the needle in a haystack.

Judging by what he heard, her tone simply implied the idea that she deserved to know. Who was he to keep the truth from her? And so putting up an overwhelming effort, finally deciding on what to say and what to become, he told her the truth.

His last words were these, “He is in critical condition.” He looked down as he himself forcefully fought the tears that accumulated at his eyes from falling.

“No.” She said repeatedly. Her emphatic tone then faded, slowly lengthened, to something that a person in resistance to a dreadful truth could sound like. All he could hear was the sound of her gasps for air that became louder; sobs that became heavier and forceful pounding by her fist against the wall. Still looking down, seconds later, every sound he heard faded, he looked up and she was gone. She ran.

She ran as fast as she could, as the burden seemed to get heavier each passing second with the sound of her heartbeat getting louder, faster. Everything she sees is slowly closing down against her. She comes to a halt as her hand crept for a rounded metal. Tightly twisting the cold knob, she opens her door widely, slams it shut as the pain on her chest felt like a thousand knives stabbing her on the inside. She could feel the bile from her stomach forcefully climbing its way up to her throat.

“Why?”

A question she seemed to have directed to the person in front of her; yet, it was a question she intended for God to hear. She pled her case before the man who stood in front of her as if he had the answers, wishing that God would grace him with His reply. She wished he had the answers. He wished he had the answers.

“Syd, what’s wrong?”

He kissed her hair, enveloping her into his arms. She didn’t reply. She was sobbing vehemently against his chest, trembling as she had difficulty breathing. He started to feel dampness on his chest, made him ask the same question she asked earlier. Why? He rocked her gently, back and forth, and led her to sit down at the foot of the bed. He stroke her hair and placed tender kisses on her ear every once in a while. For some reason, he was on the verge of crying too.

“Daddy’s been shot…”

She struggled to say, fearing that any second from now, everything she dreaded would be real. After saying it, she cried all the more. He held her tightly as he could, still hearing her ask the same question she asked earlier.

“I don’t know… I don’t know…” He said weeping with the one he loves.

He held her for a long time hoping that his simple gesture of love could comfort her. But he knew better. There are no gestures nor words that could ever take away her pain except for the news that things are actually alright. He knew how it feels to lose someone. He has loved and he has lost. Not once, but twice. He has lost her. But she came back. He has lost his father, he never came back. This is something he never want her to experience. He loved her too much that seeing her like this, breaks his heart. Knowing that he cannot do anything breaks his heart.

There were far too many questions; the overwhelming fear and anxiety that have seemed to keep them awake all night. It was at midnight that they both heard the sound of footsteps coming towards them. The fast and loud sound faded as they both saw a shadow form beneath the door swinging it open.

This is it. They both thought. Oh God no.

Fear or hope. Neither was sure what they felt more. They both looked at the man in front of them as he was gasping for air. Tears were evident in his eyes, dark circles formed below them, him still in his work clothes. He looked down as he wiped his eyes and sweat that formed on his forehead. He took a breather and started looking at them both.

They scanned his face and both got his message instantly. Sydney let out a sob as she let herself fall into Michael’s arm, relieved. He kissed her head, rubbed her back and let down a sigh. He pulled away and wiped away her tears and saw her smile. She looked back at the man who gave them the news, approached him, grateful.

“Thank you.”

Jack was finally all right. Sydney quickly hugged Luke, appreciating his honesty from before and also for telling them right away what has become of her father’s condition.

“I didn’t come here for that only.” He said as his smile quickly faded leaving both Sydney and Michael shocked. He swallowed a lump in his throat, as he didn’t actually like what he was going to say next.

“I am sorry but… you have to leave at once.”

-to be continued-

:heh:

FIRST?

oh god gee gee... :thinking: he'd better be ok! :cry: that was evil though... <_<

don't make the next wait as long as this one was!

luv juju :harp:

“I didn’t come here for that only.” He said as his smile quickly faded leaving both Sydney and Michael shocked. He swallowed a lump in his throat, as he didn’t actually like what he was going to say next.

“I am sorry but… you have to leave at once.”

:jawdrop:

Okay that was just EVIL, Gee Gee! :nonono:

I'm glad that Jack's okay and all... But then she has to leave immediately?! :thinking: In the words of... Well, yourself in your fic, WHY?! *wails* This is just eeevil! But I guess... I guess it COULD be for a good reason, right? Maybe she gets to be reunited with her family again...

:Paranoid:

And maybe Vaughn can go with her!

And maybe she and Vaughn can run away after that and live happily ever after!

:woot:

Or.. Maybe I'm just being too hopeful :lol:

But dude! I love all the thought and the way it was written from Luke's point of view... It was different, I like it ;)

And the way Vaughn comforted her... :cry: *bawls*

You had better not make us wait another month for an update, Gee... Will you? :eyebrow:

LOVE the chappie!

Cai
x

Back