The Simple Life

hotpot

The Bubbly
Title: The Simple Life

Genre: Reality, Comedy

First aired: 2003-12-02

Creator: Jonathan Murray, Mary-Ellis Bunim

Cast: Nicole Richie, Paris Hilton

Overview: The Simple Life is an American reality television series. The series aired from December 2, 2003 to August 5, 2007. The first three seasons aired on Fox, and the final two on E!. The series depicts two wealthy socialites, Paris Hilton and Nicole Richie, as they struggle to do manual, low-paying jobs such as cleaning rooms, farm work, serving meals in fast-food restaurants and working as camp counselors.
The Simple Life

okay so i noticed not a lot of reality tv lovers here at aa, but i still watched the simple life and it was pretty funny... paris hilton/nicole ritchie are pretty much famous only bc of their money and their parents... so its kind of comical to see them roughing it on a farm in Arkansas...

my favorite moment was when they didnt have enough money for groceries and they thought the cashier would just give it to them for free... and they didnt understand why he wouldnt.... oh boy... it looks good to me :lol:

I know! I watched the one tonight, and I couldn't believe they got in the hot tub when they were supposed to be working! It's a really funny show.

yeah and they went in and slept on the couch when they were supposed to be working too... which brings up the question, how did they have their swimsuits handy when they were supposed to be working at a dairy farm??

i want paris's dog.... its so cute!

Did anyone happen to catch the first two episodes of this show? It was hilarious! I especially loved the line when Paris says something like, "Wal-Mart? What is that? Is that, like, a store for wall stuff?" So classic! LOL.

yeah, i totally agree :lol:. btw, i like ur av (rachel sure has changed)

i also liked that one line when the guy goes inside to get a jacket and Paris says, "He's nice." Nicole: "Yeah, he's cute. Maybe we should have a threesome (am i allowed to post that?)" :lol:

Ha ha, that was freakin' hilarious!!! I took pity on the poor guy.

***Thanks, Rachel really has changed. She's suppsed to release her new single here in the US in Jan 04***

Stupidness is funny. hee hee hee hee hee
But no one fills milk bottles like that anymore. Machinery is used, and no one milks cows by hand anymore, it would be impossible on the larger dairy farms. Which leads me to question if maybe the show is all fake anyway. Most reality t.v has nothing to do with reality.

Yah, I think it's fake. I really doubt that Paris and Nicole were really able to survive there for five weeks and be good sports about it. Also, at the end of the second episode, where they have decided to go out on the town...it was like "yeah right." And I agree with you, milk is probably not done that way anymore. But it's hilarious to watch! :smiley:

i already started a thread for this under reality tv...

and i think that whole hot tub thing at the dairy farm was set up, why would they have had their swimsuits there?

I’m so mad… I’m gonna miss most of Wednesday show because of god damn band practice… but yet again band is just like the show with all the dumb blonds.
Melissa

vaughnandsydney said:
Yah, I think it's fake. I really doubt that Paris and Nicole were really able to survive there for five weeks and be good sports about it. Also, at the end of the second episode, where they have decided to go out on the town...it was like "yeah right." And I agree with you, milk is probably not done that way anymore. But it's hilarious to watch! :smiley:
I read an article that said that Paris and Nicole wanted to just bring jeans and t-shirts and things with them, but the producers of the show made them take only their designer clothes, because it would be funnier and would show more of a contrast between them and the family. They probably encourarged them to do a lot of the crazy things they did, too. And of course, the 2 of them weren't stupid; they knew exactly what FOX wanted, so I'm sure they took every opportunity to show off. :rolleyes:

The farming stuff seems pretty real, though. I live in the Ozarks, not far from where it's filmed (in Missouri, though, not Arkansas) and there are still some small farms that milk cows that way, just because they can't afford expensive machinery. But you know the producers of the show must have just scoured the area trying to find the most backward place they could. The bedroom they put Paris and Nicole in wasn't even finished! It was an enclosed porch! That cracks me up.. :D

Azalea said:
vaughnandsydney said:
I read an article that said that Paris and Nicole wanted to just bring jeans and t-shirts and things with them, but the producers of the show made them take only their designer clothes, because it would be funnier and would show more of a contrast between them and the family. They probably encourarged them to do a lot of the crazy things they did, too. And of course, the 2 of them weren't stupid; they knew exactly what FOX wanted, so I'm sure they took every opportunity to show off. :rolleyes:

The farming stuff seems pretty real, though. I live in the Ozarks, not far from where it's filmed (in Missouri, though, not Arkansas) and there are still some small farms that milk cows that way, just because they can't afford expensive machinery. But you know the producers of the show must have just scoured the area trying to find the most backward place they could. The bedroom they put Paris and Nicole in wasn't even finished! It was an enclosed porch! That cracks me up.. :D
Yeah but I forget how many cattle they have, but it wasn't a small operation from the sounds of it. Anyway, around here NOBODY fills milk bottles or milks cows that way, but I guess its different there.

:popcorn:I love this show it is GREAT, I watch it every Tuesday and Wednesday. I like Nicole I think she more down to earth then Paris. But in my opion they are both spoil little brats. They charge the bird house and their mirror to that guys account... this was classic!!:groupwave:
:tvhappy:
Melissa
:band:

this is a pretty funny show. but like others have said before, you kind of have to wonder if it isnt all staged.

btw, how come the townspeople think Nicole and Paris dress like prositutes? I mean, i think they dress just fine. is it just cuz they're from a small town or something? and their curfew is too short. i mean, midnight?!?! i'm 14, and i stay out longer!

TV show information provided by The Movie Database
Back