Things about Australia that everyone should know

JuJu, in a lot of Europe people can drink at 16. In Germany, you can drink at 16, and it is only the 'hardcore' stuff you have to wait until 18 for. Tanja or someone can correct me if I'm wrong there.

I have seen cases in London of foreign families coming into the pub and asking for beers for their 10 year olds, and then being shocked they couldn't have it!

Sagerian said:
Hey speak for yourself. :smiley:

As a nation though, I'd still only rank us second behind the oooorish in the boozer stakes.
[post="1282183"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
:lol:
As a nation, not based on individuals.

Have you noticed that here beer is drunk out of teeny pipsqueak glasses? My best friend is the world's biggest beer drinker (or so she thought), and then she got to London and couldn't keep up! She nearly died. And she's no little girly thing either.

English, Scottish, Welsh, Irish, Germans, well all of continental Europe, the Latin Americans - everybody beats Australia.

Did anybody see on Getaway the other week - there were Australians so drunk they were running naked around the beer halls in Munich! And I've seen it happening everywhere I went in Europe. :D

Natalia said:
JuJu, in a lot of Europe people can drink at 16. In Germany, you can drink at 16, and it is only the 'hardcore' stuff you have to wait until 18 for. Tanja or someone can correct me if I'm wrong there.

I have seen cases in London of foreign families coming into the pub and asking for beers for their 10 year olds, and then being shocked they couldn't have it!
:lol:
As a nation, not based on individuals.

Have you noticed that here beer is drunk out of teeny pipsqueak glasses? My best friend is the world's biggest beer drinker (or so she thought), and then she got to London and couldn't keep up! She nearly died. And she's no little girly thing either.

English, Scottish, Welsh, Irish, Germans, well all of continental Europe, the Latin Americans - everybody beats Australia.

Did anybody see on Getaway the other week - there were Australians so drunk they were running naked around the beer halls in Munich! And I've seen it happening everywhere I went in Europe. :D
[post="1282186"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Yeah fair call but my mates and I are well used to drinking out of stiens and pints. Haven't had a schooner in a long time.

IMG_0957ssm.jpg

We used to be sent boxes of Guinness merchandise every St Patrick's Day, so I have it in abundance.

But I don't like the stuff. :Ph34r: :lol: Mind you, the only time I had it I drank it through a straw. I have no idea why. I think it's about time I tried it again.

OMG someone once dared me to drink a pint through a straw. An experience to say the least.

My ex girlfriend's whole family is irish so I copped about 5 years worth of ooorishness. If I wanted I think I could dress head-to-toe in guinness stuff I've won by drinking the stuff.

Guinness really isn't as harsh or strong as people think. It's actually a pretty smooth beer that is hard to get a hangover from. but Kilkenny is a good beer too. I don't know if you're a beer drinker at all but they are both nice beers.

Sagerian said:
ok fine don't reply. :P

I'm going home.  nighty night to all the sarcastic aussies out there!
[post="1282252"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
:(

I was busy....
I had to go and put washing in the dryer! :lol:

And then I had to call my aunt! :lol:

*tries to decipher the alcohol talk*
*confuzzles the hell out of herself*

meh, i'll understand one day.. :P

no one's asked me to do the washing after i broke the washing machine.. well it wasn't MY fault that i put a glass in there *hides* and the glass would make out of glass and it had apple juice in there

*ahem*

you don't want to know what i've done to the vcr.. i pulled the inside bit out after i was trying to see what was under the grey bar thingy..

oh and my computer? dropped that a few hundred times :D

i'm a safety hazard

but what can i say, i live in australia.. we're not technologically advanced so all these things are new to me 😆

Natalia said:
:(

I was busy....
I had to go and put washing in the dryer! :lol:

And then I had to call my aunt! :lol:
[post="1282291"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

It's quite alright. I was just a little lonely so decided to go home hehe.

Bubbles said:
*tries to decipher the alcohol talk*
*confuzzles the hell out of herself*

meh, i'll understand one day.. :P

no one's asked me to do the washing after i broke the washing machine.. well it wasn't MY fault that i put a glass in there *hides* and the glass would make out of glass and it had apple juice in there

*ahem*

you don't want to know what i've done to the vcr.. i pulled the inside bit out after i was trying to see what was under the grey bar thingy..

oh and my computer? dropped that a few hundred times :D

i'm a safety hazard

but what can i say, i live in australia.. we're not technologically advanced so all these things are new to me 😆
[post="1282293"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

You're a danger to yourself... :smiley:

Hibou said:
Haha, I knew you guys were lying from like #2 because I know how much everyone in Australia dislikes Crocodile Dundee.

I loved the one about "walkabouts" and the 'roo tail :lol:
[post="1281682"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

I for one actually like Croc Dundee. He's funny, like the time he went fishin in America and threw dynamite into the harbour to get the fish (that's kinda illegal here). It's Steve Irwin I can't stand, he gives us such a bad name, we don't talk like him, we don't dress like him and hell no, I would never wrestle a croc, I might break a nail.
Btw we was only joking about half of those.

Anji

OMG when did Paul Hogan chuck the dynamite in the creek/river.

That's soooooooooo funny Anji.

Argh You not the only one Steve Irwin.

Argh.

BTW what happened to your siggy and avvy. I vaguely remember what they look like lol :smiley:

<span style='font-size:21pt;line-height:100%'>WE HAVE 70 + REASONS AND COMPLETELY FORGOT TO TALK about:

1) MEAT PIES

2) CRICKET

3) FOOTY

WE ARE A DISGRACE!</span>

*bangs head against keyboard*

Back