Season 4 Undo Sydney?

Remember at the beginning of the season Jack and Sloane were having one of there many conversations about Sydney. They were discussing Jack killing Irina, but that there was something further that is Sydney found out it would completely "undo" her.

Do you guys think Jack may also have known about Vaughn and that is what he was referring to? Or is there something else lurking out there threatening to destroy Syd's emotional stability? :(

Jack knowing about Vaughn doesn't make sense to me, b/c I don't think he would've given his blessing and I think he would have at least done what Irina did and give warning. I don't know what do you guys think?

When Vaughn asked permission to marry Syd, Jack made that comment about not being completely ignorant even though he had been sick. (That's a loose paraphrase.) It implied that he knew Vaughn was trying to hide something. Perhaps Jack does know or found out. That begs the question of why he'd hide if from Syd though or wht he'd continue to let Vaughn be around his daughter. Maybe he knew that Vaughn was a good guy, just not completely honest.

I'd actually like to see them bring back Will, so Sydney doesn't end up cutting her wrists or something. How can a person put up with all this betrayal? I mean her whole family and all of her boyfriends(w/ the exception of Danny), most of her friends have all been people who appear to be one thing, but are really something else.

freelancer7 said:
Remember at the beginning of the season Jack and Sloane were having one of there many conversations about Sydney.  They were discussing Jack killing Irina, but that there was something further that is Sydney found out it would completely "undo" her.

Do you guys think Jack may also have known about Vaughn and that is what he was referring to?  Or is there something else lurking out there threatening to destroy Syd's emotional stability? :(

Jack knowing about Vaughn doesn't make sense to me, b/c I don't think he would've given his blessing and I think he would have at least done what Irina did and give warning.  I don't know what do you guys think?
[post="1356445"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Truth is, we are all thinking the worst. But in actuality we don't know how bad it is. Perhaps "Vaughn" had a checkered past before he met Sydney, but maybe he was on assignment... doing his job... keeping an eye on her... whatever... as Michael Vaughn. He might not be a "bad" double agent and he might not have wanted to lie to her about anything. I know the show is called Alias and people are not supposed to be who they seem, but after this many years, he can't just be a "bad guy." :confused:

^^Whether Vaughn is "bad" or not, I definitely think this might be enough to "undo" Syd. Vaughn has been like her rock...the thing she could trust to be good and true. Finding out he has lied to her for 4 years....regardless of the reasons, I think it will shatter her. Bring back Will to pick up the pieces! ;) LOL!

I didn't start watching Alias until the middle of S3. So I went out and bought S1 and S2 and imediately fell in love with the show. I think once you watch a show for so long the characters become a part of you, and you hurt when they hurt, you laugh when they do and so on. I hurt for Syd when Vaughn married Lauren. But through the whole thing they never stopped loving each other. Vaughn was her best friend, her confidant, her soul mate, and now all of a sudden he isn't who he says he is. I totally agree that this might be Syd's "undoing". How will she ever get over the fact the Vaughn lied to her for so many years? And what was Vaughn's whole thing with trying to find his father? Just a ruse to try and throw everyone off, but then Elena was the one who set him up. If he really isn't Michael Vaughn then why would it have mattered to him. The whole season finale didn't make sense in the story line from the last three years. Something is messed up. I like the thought that it might be just a dream, but at this point I don't know if I even want to find out.

i am too scared to think about this too :(

plus it oges along with my theory that vaughn was wokring for sloane and sd-6 :hide: in a good way that is - for peace and all.

she has to forgive him :(

freelancer7 said:
^^Whether Vaughn is "bad" or not, I definitely think this might be enough to "undo" Syd.  Vaughn has been like her rock...the thing she could trust to be good and true. 
[post="1356501"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
Right, except for that whole marrying Lauren thing. (Personally I don't think it was such a betrayal - he honestly thought she was dead - but she sure thought it was a betrayal!

I'm fully convinced Jack knows. You really think he wouldn't have done a thorough investigation into the man who is totally in love with his daughter? I'm sure he did, and he knows something, and has decided not to tell Syd because it was in the past.

freelancer7 said:
Remember at the beginning of the season Jack and Sloane were having one of there many conversations about Sydney.  They were discussing Jack killing Irina, but that there was something further that is Sydney found out it would completely "undo" her.

Do you guys think Jack may also have known about Vaughn and that is what he was referring to?  Or is there something else lurking out there threatening to destroy Syd's emotional stability? :(

Jack knowing about Vaughn doesn't make sense to me, b/c I don't think he would've given his blessing and I think he would have at least done what Irina did and give warning.  I don't know what do you guys think?
[post="1356445"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

You're right freelancer. They did have a conversation about Syd being undone if she found something out. Also in that same episode Jack asked Vaughn if he told her and Vaughn stated no he did not. They never reveal what he was supposed to tell her and in some capacity you assume that it has to do w/ the whole contract on Syd's life, but the reality is this discussion took place closer to the beginning of the show and therefore they couldn't be eluding to that because it hadn't come out until the end of the episode that it was her mother that hired the assasin. Regardless, you better believe Jack knows whatever Vaughn's secret is. Jack is too smooth to be kept out of the loop. Besides, if Irina approved of him marrying Syd and Jack did as well, then the seriousness of this secret is null. What I get from this season is Jack doesn't feel the issue is large enough for Syd to know or he would have told her himself or forced Vaughn to before giving his blessing on the marriage. Secondly, Irina has had time to reflect on all of her secrets and lies and she wants to try and right every one of them. I believe that's why she told Vaughn not to keep secrets from Syd. I just don't believe this secret is that big a deal. What is a big deal is why someone would purposely bulldoze his car when he was driving.

spy_girl21 said:
I'd actually like to see them bring back Will, so Sydney doesn't end up cutting her wrists or something. How can a person put up with all this betrayal? I mean her whole family and all of her boyfriends(w/ the exception of Danny), most of her friends have all been people who appear to be one thing, but are really something else.
[post="1356461"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
I miss Will. :cry: :cry: :cry:

OH COME ON. :thud: SHE HAS TO FORGIVE HIM!??! Hell no she does NOT. For once she should grow some balls and actually stand up for herself and stop being so frickin' easily manipulated. Season 3 itself should have been enough for her to give Vaughn a good kick in the pelvic region, and now? I seriously think it's time (it was long ago, actually) to stop forgiving the man for everything just because some people find him attractive. :angry: *scream*

^^^I so wish I had taped this whole season, b/c you are right...I remember that now too. And besides I would be totally frustrated if that was one more thing Jack missed. He is too cool to miss that much! :cool: Someone else said that when Vaughn initially asked Jack's permission, he referred to something that he "noticed" So yes, it stands to reason Jack knows. However.....

I think even if it is a rather harmless secret it still might be enough to send Syd over the edge. I mean she has been betrayed by everyone, lied to be everyone, feels like she can trust no one....except Vaughn. Him keeping his true identity and motives from her...ouch! :( No, I don't think she will take this well at all. And when she find out Daddy and Mommy knew(if she finds out!) Double Whammie! Poor Syd! (n)

The bottom line is it doesn't matter if Vaughn is good or bad. They can always turn that around on the show. What is probably going to happen, is no matter what it is, it will drive Syd and Vaughn apart. They can't let them have a nice happy life together because we wouldn't have anything to hope for. Besides that, any major show that lets the main characters hook up has only a limited amount of time before people lose interest. It almost always means doom for the show. Alias likes to get our hopes up, only to smack them down again with some major point of intrigue.

Season 1
We see the attraction between the two, but other relationships and the agency's look but don't touch policy on dating keeps them apart, and keeps us hoping.

Season 2
Finally, after the take down of SD-6 and all its counterparts, Syd and Vaughn decide to break the rules and start to date. We all say "Yippee! It's about time" All seems to be going well, and those of us who know the fatal dating equation for shows wonder how long it will be before ratings drop and the show is cancelled.

Season 2 Finale
The writers quickly throw us out of the fairy tale and into a big "WHAT!?!" when we find out that Sydney has been thought dead for over two years and Vaughn has since moved on and gotten married.

Season 3
Here we meet Vaughns wife. A beautiful blonde that doesn't quite seem to be the match for Vaughn. Apparently, the only thing to hate about her is that she is married to Syd's man, and wiping out all hope of the two of them picking up where they left off. Of course, what would Alias be without that hope of love blooming in the background. Ah, I can almost hear birds singing. Anyway, we soon find out that Lauren is pure evil and therefore, like all double agents who marry overly attractive CIA operatives and fool them with their clever good girl bad make-up stlyles, must die. The hope is rekindled. Now we now it is only a matter of time before Lauren is found out and Syd and Vaughn can get on with their relationship. This of course happens in the season Finale.

Season 4
Syd and Vaughn are now free to pursue thier love that we as viewers so long to see unfold on the screen. Yeah! Things progress at a fast pace, even though early in the season they say they want to take things slowly, all leading up to the, "I might be about to die so I better hurry up and do this" proposal. In the season finale Sydney does say yes. We all can be heard once again saying "Yippe!" from our comfy couches and lazy boys. This time of course we don't even get one episode to relish in this. By the end we learn that Vaughn isn't Vaughn, although we don't know why, and the couple is T-Boned by an oncoming car. Not an accident in my opinion, by the way.

Leslie said:
I miss Will. :cry: :cry: :cry:

OH COME ON. :thud: SHE HAS TO FORGIVE HIM!??! Hell no she does NOT. For once she should grow some balls and actually stand up for herself and stop being so frickin' easily manipulated. Season 3 itself should have been enough for her to give Vaughn a good kick in the pelvic region, and now? I seriously think it's time (it was long ago, actually) to stop forgiving the man for everything just because some people find him attractive. :angry: *scream*
[post="1356837"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

sorry this made me laugh really hard
i gotta agree tho (shocking i know)
depending on what vaughn did syd shoudl dump his sorry pathetic lying ass
i mean seriously - lets get some realizm here people - at least a tiny spec of it after the whole lauren fiasco

SkyGirl5 said:
sorry this made me laugh really hard
i gotta agree tho (shocking i know)
depending on what vaughn did syd shoudl dump his sorry pathetic lying ass
i mean seriously - lets get some realizm here people - at least a tiny spec of it after the whole lauren fiasco
[post="1357036"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

I agree that she's been following him around like a puppy...and in season 3 it got well past the point of annoying.

But she is in love with him. He's been the one person (well up until this season finale) that she really thought she knew and could trust. He was always there for her when she needed him (minus stupid season 3).

Although I like self sufficient Syd, I think it's realistic that she does love him and would forgive him. Women have stayed together with men who have done a lot worse to them out of love.

Plus we don't even really know what he has to say. That could be a dream sequence...or he could've been working for good guys that could be viewed as bad.

Jamison said:
But she is in love with him.  He's been the one person (well up until this season finale) that she really thought she knew and could trust.  He was always there for her when she needed him (minus stupid season 3).
[post="1357047"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

see thats why this is so f***ed up!!!
he was the ONLY ONE the ONLY ONE who had never betryaed her
so now who's she left with? weiss and marshall... fantastic

SkyGirl5 said:
see thats why this is so f***ed up!!!
he was the ONLY ONE the ONLY ONE who had never betryaed her
so now who's she left with? weiss and marshall... fantastic
[post="1357085"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

I hope he's not really betraying her...just leaving some things out of his past...even though that's a bit of stretch.

woah intersting stuff guys. true that vaughn has betrayed her in the past (or so she thinks) by marriny lauren - but what if we learn that it was part of his covert life - that he always loved sydney - can he be forgiven then? or is this secret enough for us to hate him? to be fair to him I think we need to wait and see what it is he has been doing before we go back to the season 3 vaughn hate.

as for sydney - I agree with les she really should be able to be strong and stand alone.....but then again the reason we all love syd is because she is so human. Even after Danny died the strength she showed was not one of not needing to be with somebody it came from hatred towards Sloane and that drive to revenge the murder of her lover. When she was finally with Vaughn is season 2 she was always devoted to him and in season 3 we saw he consumed with grief because he was married - something she saw as a betrayal And season4 she quickly got back with vaughn even when she said she wanted to take it slow. I think what I am getting at is that sure on missions syd is a kick ass independant women who can look after herself - but inside there is a woman who wants and needs to be loved, a woman who has grown up with nobody in her life at all really - her father was away, her mother had died......she found danny and lost him and then she found vaughn. She needs someone to love her and that is what makes her real.

So yes this betrayal (or whatever vaughn has been or done) may potentially "undo" sydney.....for a moment ........but this doesn't make her weak, it just means that she loves him .........and if he thinks he can tell her his secret and they will marry it must be something that he thinks he can be forgiven for.......and something Irina thinks Syd will forgive him for. ........ So in that I don't think it ill be sydney's undoing for very long.

oh and IMHO he has NOT betrayed her before - he married lauren cos she was dead. not a betrayal .
(although yes he was a prat in season 3 but thats cos he tried to do the right thing).

Wow....there is a lot of passion when talking about the Syd/Vaughn relationship! :lol: Reading all these responses makes me ponder the effect this will have on Sydney. I think she'll become self-sufficient alright....everyone has been saying how much more she is becoming like Jack. I think this "lie" "betrayal" whatever you want to call it from the man she has always trusted...the good "boyscout" is going to make her withdrawl huge! Sydney is going to be at a major crossroads and she will become even more like Jack or she will put herself out there again and forgive.

I am not sure which I would like to see....Jack is great, but that's Jack. I don't really want Syd to become as hard and fortressed as he is. It would take away a huge part of her appeal.

On the other hand...I am not sure Vaughn is all that. I say (again) bring Will back and let's make things interesting! Or even Sark for that matter! :D
:hide: (Don't shoot me S/V shippers! ;) )

Back