Politics War with Iraq

I really believe that Bush has gone way way to far!! I hate the fact of war because it means alot of adults I know will be going off to war. These including my cousin, my teacher, and maybe my uncle. :redhair:

i said no war. Cheryl Crow's shirt at the American Music Awards sys it all, "War is not the answer." i'm not sure what the answer is, but war isn't it. and our "president" is a sack of *poo*. i hope JJ Abrams makes an episode where Syd goes a mission to DC to kill the real enemy of the state, Dubbya.

u can tell how the economy's doin by lookin at the interest rates in banks. in 12/00, my interest rate for my CD was 5.98%. in 01/02, it fell to 2.18%. yesterday, i checked and it is now 1.34%! wut is he doin to us? he's so busy tryin to go to war, which is wut his dad did. at least w/ his dad, it only lasted 164 days. w/ Dubbya, it's taken him well over a year! that's outrageous! (sp)

and another thing, who cares about oil? don't you think it's about time we found a new energy source? we've been using fossil fuel since the Industrial Revolution! i think us humans need to use our brains a bit, as much as we hate it, to find a new energy source; which means, CUT BACK ON THE SUVs! i heard on the radio, "SUVs use so much fuel, it probably takes them one tank of gas to go to your local Starbucks." that's also y i think it's gr8 of Toyota to release an all electric car, the RAV4 Electric. there are already a few hybrids out and ULEV vechicles, which are definitely way better than SUVs, but if more ppl drive those, then oil shouldn't be that big of a problem for us.

Dubbya is focusing way too much on the war path, that he's neglecting the people! he's screwing up our enviornment. he's been too lax about enviornmental laws. im not a "tree-hugger", but we need laws to protect nature. it's for our own benefit. in the short run, it's...good, actually, who am i kidding?! WAR WITH IRAQ WILL SCREW US OVER!

the_alliance said:
i hope JJ Abrams makes an episode where Syd goes a mission to DC to kill the real enemy of the state, Dubbya.
LOL, somehow I dont think that would be very much appreciated by many (me not included) ;)

i already posted my answer on the other poll, but I'll post it here anyways.

i said no war. Cheryl Crow's shirt at the American Music Awards says it all, "War is not the answer." i'm not sure what the answer is, but war isn't it. and our "president" is a sack of *poo*. i hope JJ Abrams makes an episode where Syd goes a mission to DC to kill the real enemy of the state, Dubbya.

u can tell how the economy's doin by lookin at the interest rates in banks. in 12/00, my interest rate for my CD was 5.98%. in 01/02, it fell to 2.18%. yesterday, i checked and it is now 1.34%! wut is he doin to us? he's so busy tryin to go to war, which is wut his dad did. at least w/ his dad, it only lasted 164 days. w/ Dubbya, it's taken him well over a year! that's outrageous!

and another thing, who cares about oil? don't you think it's about time we found a new energy source? we've been using fossil fuel since the Industrial Revolution! i think us humans need to use our brains a bit, as much as we hate it, to find a new energy source; which means, CUT BACK ON THE SUVs! i heard on the radio, "SUVs use so much fuel, it probably takes them one tank of gas to go to your local Starbucks." that's also y i think it's gr8 of Toyota to release an all electric car, the RAV4 Electric. there are already a few hybrids out and ULEV vechicles, which are definitely way better than SUVs, but if more ppl drive those, then oil shouldn't be that big of a problem for us.

Dubbya is focusing way too much on the war path, that he's neglecting the people! he's screwing up our enviornment. he's been too lax about enviornmental laws. im not a "tree-hugger", but we need laws to protect nature. it's for our own benefit. in the short run, it's...good, actually, who am i kidding?! WAR WITH IRAQ WILL SCREW US OVER!

IT's bad public policy to do a preemptive strict. Nobody has done it yet b/c no one wants to start the international chain reaction. Isreal could then bomb the hell out of the palestinians

Ah, in general (in my opinion) war stinks. People die, technology is wasted, land and buildings is destroyed beyond use, and so-on and so-forth. Besides, a hundred years later the newer generations will be looking back and trying to find some logical reason that we did go to war, and no matter what the textbooks say they won't be able to find a reason. I can find no reason in ANY past war to have killed so many people. It was one or another country who started the violence, and the conquest and freedom and all, it should have been there already! When it comes to the rebelions and such it was brought about by the original rulers. "To raise one's hand to strike a blow is to be strucken by the target."

In 1941 when Pearl Harbor was attacked, the country jumped from a feeling of isolationism, to most people wanting to go to war. In the attacks on Pearl Harbor, about 2800 were killed (I think).

On Sept. 11 2001, America was attacked again, this time 3000 people died. Though there was no country directly responsable, many have been linked with hard evedence. One of those is Iraq. Because of that, Bush wants to do a preemptive strike on Iraq to prevent another attack on America. If this doesn't happen, there is a great chance that the country will be attacked again. What i don't get is the Anti-Americanism that has arisen due to Bush's plan. People need to support their nation and its need to protect itslf. People care more about Iraqi children then their own. This is very much like WWII in some respects. Hitler oppressed and murdered 6million Jews. Saddam has gassed his own people with helicopters. Now i know that what HItler did was much worse. But Hitler did not opress his own people, just the Jews. Saddam is oppressing him oun people and needs to be stopped. These anti war protests wont do anything and are disgusting because of the anti americanism.

I would like to know what other peoples opinions are on this topic.

Free Iraq
Support the War
🐒
:godblessamerica: :godblessamerica: :godblessamerica: :godblessamerica: :godblessamerica: :godblessamerica:

I definately agree with you!! While war is never a good thing, I think (sadly) it's the only option we have. We, without a doubt, need to support our president and our country, whether we truly agree with the situation or not.

God Bless America!!

How true. While war is most definatley a terrible thing, sometimes it is the only option.
And don't say diplomacy
Saddam has lied to the WORLD for 12 years about him weapons, He is only nopw destroying them becasue he knows we are coming for him and he is trying to save face with countries like France and Germany.
Its quite pathetic.

I don't know, in some ways, I support it, because I'd like to see those stupid put in their place for everything they've done, but I don't want to see so many more people die over it. (The Americans anyway, and innocent civilians) I do want those bastards to pay for what they did, they should die a horrible, slow death. But I know what it's like to lose people you care about, and I don't want people all over the US knowing the feeling too. I'm torn between a burning passion for vengeance and the want to keep people from experiencing the death of loved ones too soon.

Sadaam is a stupid ass who needs to learn he can't play with us and expect to come out alive. OOH the things I'd like to do to him....I can't believe most of the things he's done. I'v actually considered going into the military when I get older, but my heart lies with the CIA.

Remember though, It was Osama who was directly responsable for the attacks. But Saddam had been linked to Al Queda and terrorism. So we should deal with what we do know and remove Saddam. We would only be killing "bad guys", I understand that civilians will die, but they helped kill 3000 of our civilians.
I know we shouldn't try to kill the civilians, we should certainly try to keep as many alive as posible and avoid them at all costs. But we shouldn't let that distract us from the goal, to remove Saddam from power and get Iraq on the right track. Remember, America had experiences setting up democracies, Look at germany, They are a Democracy now mainly due to out occupation after WWII. I have no doubt we can do the same in Iraq.

aliasjgfanaticmv said:
I don't know, in some ways, I support it, because I'd like to see those stupid put in their place for everything they've done, but I don't want to see so many more people die over it. (The Americans anyway, and innocent civilians) I do want those bastards to pay for what they did, they should die a horrible, slow death. But I know what it's like to lose people you care about, and I don't want people all over the US knowing the feeling too. I'm torn between a burning passion for vengeance and the want to keep people from experiencing the death of loved ones too soon.

Sadaam is a stupid ass who needs to learn he can't play with us and expect to come out alive. OOH the things I'd like to do to him....I can't believe most of the things he's done. I'v actually considered going into the military when I get older, but my heart lies with the CIA.
by "stupid" and "bastards", who are you referring to? Hopefully only the bad guys.

Although I know that Saddam is evil, I think we shouldn't be rushing to war. We haven't had any real, hard evidence. Only pictures of possible locations where nuclear bombs may be made. But Bush is trying to go ahead of the UN and rush things through. Let the UN inspectors do their job (and they need to do it faster) and then further action can be taken.

And just because 3000 lives were lost on September 11, it does not justify bombing away at a country who wasn't directly responsible for it and killing more innocent people.

So if it's time for war, i'll support it, but I don't think it's quite time yet.

I do and I dont'! I mean why go to war when the UN inspectors haven't found any signs weapons. And my Uncle Rob will have to go to war! And millions of Americans might lose there lives! I don't want anymore ppl dying!But Saddam has links to terrorists so if we get him now we might save america from another tradegy! Pray for America!

The reason the U.N. was formed was for leaders to talk out their differences, you know, diplomay. it was not intended to be a turnstile for approval to go to war.
If its not justified now, why did we do it on Germany. Japan attacked us w/o Germany, but notonly did we get Japan, but we got germany FIRST!.
Now it is like Saddam is Germany, and Osama is Japan. Osama attacked, but we have gone after him but not got him, so we pursue Saddam at the same time. I know it sounds odd and the connections are very loose but if you read it and think about it, it makes sence. UN inspectors have had 12 years to do their job, but Saddam wouldn't let them, what does that tell you. He even threatened to kill the families of the inspectors.

And by the way, Bush in no way needs the U.N. to "approve" the war nor does he need Congress to declare war. The last time the U.S. declared war was Dec. 8, 1941, the day after japan attacked. Korea, Vietnam, and the Gulf were all police actions.
Just cause the inspectors haven't found anything, doesn't mean they don't exist. Saddam lied to the world for 12 years, so its logicak that he is hiding them. If there aren't any, then why has he bulldozed a small number of them?

AliasHombre said:
What i don't get is the Anti-Americanism that has arisen due to Bush's plan. People need to support their nation and its need to protect itslf. People care more about Iraqi children then their own.
i think it's completely unfair to call all anti-war/anti-bush people anti-americans. in fact, i feel a bit offended by being labeled anti-american or unpatriotic. i am extremely grateful for being able to live in america especially considering the fact that my parents were vietnamese refugees and have told me time and time again how hard life was in vietnam. i fully appreciate the fact that we have freedom of speech in america so that i can have the freedom to go to a peace rally and let my voice be heard.

why do people feel so threatened by dissenters? would you prefer a country where everyone agreed with everyone else and we blindly followed the president while waving flags like robots? do you define americanism as being the fact that we're the most powerful country in the world and therefore must exercise this might by bombing iraq on circumstantial evidence? what about "innocent until proven guilty"? isn't that also an american value? yet, i don't see bush following this. this is not to say that i think saddam hussein is completely innocent and i am not defending him, but just because "he's lied for twelve years" does not make it a FACT that he is and forever will be lying. please don't misconstrue this as me defending saddam hussein - i am not. i just wanted to use this as an example that we don't seem to have HARD PROOF of valid reasons to go to war.

This isn;t like WWII this is more like Vietnam. The last time that this many people were against military action was vietnam. People knew it was a bad idea which it turned out to be. Thousands of lifes were lost for nothing

Back