Wedding from Hell

she's not dead, she's not dead, she's not dead, she's not dead, she's not dead!
Poor Irina :( awwww Jack's always there for comfort! ^_^
Thank you for giving us a wonderful update and thanks for the pm!

WHOA!!!!! I just started and finished reading Russian Doll and this fic theyre SOOO great! AHH!!!! :laughbounce: No! she can't be dead!!! :eek: denial is a good coping mechanism...
please update soon! :D can I get a pm?

Sorry everyone, I decided to not bring Cecilia back. :angelic: Here's a short update, more this weekend.
~Chapter 14~
“We should take him out,” Jack said, sipping a cup of coffee.
“No, Jack,” Irina answered. “It was an accident that he shot Cecilia. He was aiming for me.”
It had been two weeks since Cecilia had died. Irina had been allowed to stay with Jack until her court date, instead of being shipped off to prison. Irina had her daughter cremated, and was keeping the ashes until she could go back to Russia. The marshal that had shot Cecilia was arrested, and taken to jail. Jack and Irina debated whether they should kill him or not.
“Accident or not,” Jack argued, “He murdered an innocent person. I don’t think you should stand for that.”
“What good will it do killing him? It won’t bring Cecilia back.”
Jack thought about that. Irina had a point; killing the marshal would only make things worse.
“Jack,” Irina said, “it’s not that I don’t want to kill this man. I do. I want to kill him a million times for what he did. But if I do, I’ll be in prison until the day I die. Anyway, I think Cecilia’s death was a way of punishing me.”
“Punishing you? What do you mean?”
Irina sighed. “I murdered Sydney’s daughter, my granddaughter, because she was the girl in the Rambaldi prophecy. ‘This woman will possess unseen marks. Signs that she will be the one to bring forth my works. Bind them with fury.’ Somehow, Sydney was able to tap into that power and use it to punish me.”
Jack gave her a questioning look. “Wouldn’t that mean Sydney was in the Prophecy?”
“No. Remember that genetic database Sark and I got back in Stuttgart? One of the strands cataloged there was a combination of Sydney and Vaughn’s DNA.”
Jack nodded. “So what are you going to do now?”
“I’m going to see Sydney.”
“Do you think that’s wise? She knows what you did.”
Irina shrugged, grabbing her car keys. “Oh well. It would be a lot simpler if she didn’t.”

wauw that was pretty interesting. cecilia dead huh, well to tell you the truth I wasn't that fond of her but that doesn't mean you have to kill her. anyways great update and thank you for the pm.

Ok I'm updating this fic TONIGHT! :D Since I haven't updated since November! I've had some serious writer's block and I partly forgot about AA for awhile. (oops)

This story's almost over anyway. Just a few chapters left...I think....

~Chapter 15~

Irina walked up the steps to Sydney and Vaughn’s house. She rang the doorbell, hoping someone was home. After a few minutes the door opened.
“Hello, Sydney.”
Sydney glared at her mother. “Mom.”
There was an awkward silence as Irina thought of what to say.
“Well?” said Sydney. “Is there something you want to tell me? Or are we just going to stand here?”
Irina sighed. “I know what I need to tell you. I’m just thinking of a way to say it.” She paused. “Sydney, I’m so sorry. I’m sorrier than I’ve ever been in my whole life.”
Sydney stared at Irina. “Are you really?”
“Yes.”
“If you were truly sorry,” she continued, her voice rising a little, “you wouldn’t have murdered my daughter. And you almost killed me in the process!”
“Sydney,” Irina started, “I didn’t come here to ask your forgiveness. I just wanted you to know. I know how it feels.”
“How what feels? To have your child die so young? To go through the weeks and months where you ask yourself, ‘Why not me?’ You think you know how it feels? You don’t. You are cold-hearted and merciless and you will never be able to understand the pain.”
Irina flinched at Sydney’s icy words. “I’ve been trained to be merciless and cold-hearted in my profession. But I love my family, more than anything. For weeks I tried to decide whether to go through with the murder. I knew how much it would hurt you and Vaughn. But it would save so many others. As for understanding the pain of losing a child…”
She took a small blue bottle from her purse. She handed it to Sydney.
“What’s this?” Sydney said.
“Your sister.”
Sydney gasped. “Cecilia…s-she’s…dead?”
Irina nodded slowly, tears forming in her eyes. “Shot by a marshal who was aiming for me. The bullet went straight through her heart.”
Tears were running down Sydney’s face. “Oh, Mom…I didn’t know.”
Irina nodded. “It’s alright. I just thought I should tell you.”
They were quiet for a moment. Sydney studied the bottle. How could her bright, fun-loving teenage sister be dead?
“I ought to get going,” Irina said. “The trial is in a few hours.”
“You’re going to court?”
“Yes. I don’t doubt that they’ll find me guilty…”she shook her head. “Well, I just wanted to see you and say I was sorry. I’m going to miss you.”
Sydney wanted to say something, but the words caught in her throat. She sobbed.
Irina put her hand to Sydney’s cheek. “Don’t cry anymore, Sydney. Everything will turn out alright in the end.”
Irina turned to leave. Sydney watched her walk down the stairs and back to her car. She got in and sped away.
Sydney felt so bad for her mother. Why, she wasn’t quite sure. Irina had killed her own granddaughter. Now she was going to court, and most certainly to prison. Or worse. Cecilia had died trying to save Irina. Sydney surely did not want to meet that same fate.
Sydney sighed. She went back into the house. She knew what she had to do.

Ok...tell me what you think... :thinking: I'm not quite sure about it....

:depressed: OMG that was so brilliant but sad....:sniffle: I feel tears....

Great update, Liz. Worth the wait. :cries: That was beautiful....

Back