Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Vaughn

• Marshall

• Dixon

• Total voters
WHo are the crack smokers who voted for Vaughn? :blink: Michael Vartan has ALWAYS been horrible at doing accents. I was embarrassed for him while watching this ep LOL :lol: . I speak several languages, and I can tell you that Jen Garner is AWESOME at doing foreign accents in english, as well as actually speaking other languages. The few foreign sentences she does here and there are very authentic. However in this episode, I liked Dixon's accent the best :D

[quote name='Sydney's_Kidney' date='Jan 15 2005, 10:33 PM']WHo are the crack smokers who voted for Vaughn?  :blink: Michael Vartan has ALWAYS been horrible at doing accents. I was embarrassed for him while watching this ep LOL  :lol:
[post="1161206"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
[/quote]

THANK YOU! :smiley: I'm glad I'm not the only one who was thinking that MV's "accent" wasn't all that impressive!

Aww poor Marshall he has only gotten one! lol

Edit: You have to admit though when he played Sark his accent was good. I'm an actress and I thought it was very good. Michael Vartan isn't the BEST actor at times but he gets done what he needs to.

Yeah, there really should have been an "everyone" option... although, I didn't think Marshall did that much, what he did was still great! :D

Sydney said:
[post="1161206"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]

Vaughn's cover story was that he was Roger Fonesca, so I looked up Fonseca Wine on the internet and found that there are 2 Portugese wineries with the name Fonseca.

Some person whose alias is RocknVaughn described the accent as British/Australian

But that accent of Vaughn's sounded nearly Rhodesian/South African to me. I think that his character was supposed to be an Afrikkaner who was racist against Dixon's Jamaican because of an unstated pro-apartheid background. That seems to make sense. :confused: :thinking:

superintelligentone said:
Vaughn's cover story was that he was Roger Fonesca, so I looked up Fonseca Wine on the internet and found that there are 2 Portugese wineries with the name Fonseca.

Some person whose alias is RocknVaughn described the accent as British/Australian

But that accent of Vaughn's sounded nearly Rhodesian/South African to me.  I think that his character was supposed to be an Afrikkaner who was racist against Dixon's Jamaican because of an unstated pro-apartheid background.  That seems to make sense.  :confused:  :thinking:
[post="1166547"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Hi one of the Crack Smokers here, LOL.

That is what I heard as well Super that is was supposed to be a South African type accent to me and I thought he did a really good job and he got really into the part, which I enjoyed.

I cracked up at Syd's accent, I'm still laughing she was a hoot and really good. Yeah Jen is very good at almost any accent and does them really well.

Dixon had me rolling as well, love seeing him back in to field.

I used to think that (despite what everyone says about her) Streep's accent in Sophie's Choice was a bit exaggerated, but then, my friend says his mother sounded just like that--I've met Polish people with much less noticeable accents, myself. So, of course, there are ranges . . . but still . . . I don't think Vartan would be my first choice for a character with an accent, unless maybe it was a French accent. ;)

I voted for Dixon's accent because he really knows how to put on a great show. It just cracked me up with his disguise that he wore for the mission as well. He's such an awesome actor. Marshall did an okay job as well considering he doesn't really impersonate people all that often. Sydney did a good job as always. Vaughn on the other hand should just stick with his french accent. I would love to see Sark impersonate a Jamaican accent. He has such a wonderful British accent. hehe. :D

Back