Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Vaughn

• Marshall

• Dixon

• Total voters
Gotta go with Vaughn loved his accent it was yummy!! love when MV gets to do accents they sound yummy and real after Vaughn I'd go with Syd then Marshall. I agree dotfar nothing pleases these anti-vaughn . honestly I don't know how you could hate him but. Vaughn does nothing right for this people I don't care they can stick it I love him and so do alot of other people.

That whole scene was really funny, especially Vaughn's accent... I thought it was good and it sounded Australian to me. I don't think he was trying to sound British.

I'm almost positive Vaughn's accent was meant to be Australian, not British. His vowels were very long and drawn-out and he sounded like the Crocodile hunter. Plus, we've heard him do a British accent before when he was pretending to be Sark, and it sounded nothing like this. He was pretty good at it, actually. So I'm sure it was Australian.

Chris27 said:
That whole scene was really funny, especially Vaughn's accent... I thought it was good and it sounded Australian to me.  I don't think he was trying to sound British.
[post="1158886"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Why do you recon it's Aussie? Was it like really rough and did he say stuff like G'day, ahh ripper, bloody beauty or anything like that?? I'm asking coz im in Aus and we still haven't got season 4 yet so i haven't seen the ep yet *tear* so sad (n)
Anyway, yeah
luv lara

i saw the clip of vaughns accent and trust me its not Australian i haved lived here in Australia all my life and that sounds nothing like an aussie accent it sounds more english 2 me

-------------------------------------

photo-17110.jpg

Can't wait for the new season of Alias in Australia
S/V 4ever
What Was Wrong With The Black 1

^
Agreed. It sounded cockney English... Sort of.
If thats an Australian accent, then im Michael Vartans long lost wife.

Eta: 99.9% of Australians do not, i repeat DO NOT sound like the crocodile hunter. If that accent is what you honestly think an Australian accent sounds like, i suggest you... I dont know, do something about it. Be creative!!

Also? If someone could track down Steve Erwin and kindly show him the pointy side of his oh-so-precious crocodiles teeth, id be extremely grateful.

Im not having a go at anyone, honestly! I'm not!! I love you all!!
That said, anything i can do or say to rectify the "what IS the Australian accent?" problem, ill do it, and ill say it.

Cos it bugs me. Bigtime.

MeganGarnerBristow said:
Vote! I thought they were all awesome but its between Syd and Vaughn for me...
[post="1157295"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
On the funny scale or the reality scale? ^_^

(Oh man, Vartan's accent better not have meant to have been Australian! :lol: It sounded like a really bad Cockney British to me . . .)

Kelly V said:
Eta: 99.9% of Australians do not, i repeat DO NOT sound like the crocodile hunter. If that accent is what you honestly think an Australian accent sounds like, i suggest you... I dont know, do something about it. Be creative!!
[post="1159334"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
Of course it's not what most Australians sound like. :lol: But if Michael Vartan was attempting to do an Australian accent, it's the most likely thing he would try to imitate.

I kind of feel bad for Vartan - we shouldn't have this much trouble figuring it out. :lol: Although, Sydney's Swedish accent in the premiere sounded French to a lot of people, so I guess there's always some ambiguity where accents are involved. When the DVDs come out, the captioning should be more specific than the closed captioning on TV.

^
:lol:
Then again, if their accents were absolutely perfect all the time, we wouldn't have so much to talk about. Its Swedish! Its French!
Those crazy accents! They just keep ya guessin!

I picked Syd's.

As for Vaughn, at first I thought it was British but then a couple of minutes later I thought it was Australian.. so now I have no idea what it was supposed to be. I liked it anyway.

Hands down it's Syd.

"I don't mean to be a pain in the shaka, but can we cut to the chase?"

"If it's good enough for tree (I LOVE how she said "tree" and not "three") ex-presidents, it's good enough for a plumber's wife!"

"Claudia Maria Viascas(?) DeMarco"
"That's a lovely name"
"Charmed, i'm sure"

Just priceless!

Vaughn! It didn't even sound like Michael Vartan's voice!

And I'm Australian.....but I think Vaughn was doing a British accent cuz we don't really say "Sod off" here - that definetly a British saying.

Kelly

PsychicAgent said:
Vaughn! It didn't even sound like Michael Vartan's voice!

And I'm Australian.....but I think Vaughn was doing a British accent cuz we don't really say "Sod off" here - that definetly a British saying.

Kelly
[post="1160359"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

I think it was British too, to me it sounded like that at least. :D I loves Jen's though! But when Dixon & Vaughn started fighting that was just AWSOME!! :lol:

vaughns was the best! i liked when he was being rude to dixon's character--
somethingl like, "just shove off" and man said as "mon" heheh

Back