Season 4 Why is episode 5 shown before episode 4?

Oh! I might be wrong, but maybe I figured out the reason why they changed the order of the epi's!
Alias' old time fans really love the continuity of the show, the question's it raises and (slowly, but surely) answers. They love the continuity not only the character development (like in almost all other shows), but also the twists and turns of the over-all story-arc. In the episodes we have seen up till now, that story-arc didn't really go much further, and there were only really minor clues that they hadn't forgotten about it. Except... Except in Liberty Village (the original ninth episode), with the appearance of Irina's handler, and the mentionning of the last Derevko sister and the Sentinel. So maybe J.J. regretted that, thought that the old-time-fans would be really disapointed with six episodes without barely even mentioning the Derevko's and Rambaldi. He could have thought it would be better to hint at things to come earlier on in the season. That's why he moved the ninth episode, Liberty Village, to the fourth place.... But by doing so, some of the characters reaction's in the following episodes seemed really odd, so he had to change the entire order of the first nine episodes in order to let them make sense again.

Is this a plausable theory or am I making no sense at all? :D :o_O:

I really think this ep would have worked far better in its orginal order. We had a lot of Syd being majorly upset about working with Slone in APO1&2 then it was put on the back burner to some degree. This ep explains why so would have worked better airing after TAT. I really think its the network messing about with the order. They probably wanted this one for sweeps as it was more action packed and had some sexy dresses in it - ye I truly believe that the network thinks that the audience is THAT SHALLOW! Thank goodness it sounds like the network wont be able to mess up the order past ep 10!
un

I really think this ep would have worked far better in its orginal order. We had a lot of Syd being majorly upset about working with Slone in APO1&2 then it was put on the back burner to some degree. This ep explains why so would have worked better airing after TAT.

I agree with you. This episode was totally out of place. S/V and N/W relationships are out of sink also. Weiss's comment about he and Michael dating sisters seem to indicate either he hadn't been out on a date with Nadia or Vaughn and Syd were not a couple.

dotfar said:
I agree with you.  This episode was totally out of place.  S/V and N/W relationships are out of sink also.  Weiss's comment about he and Michael dating sisters seem to indicate either he hadn't been out on a date with Nadia or Vaughn and Syd were not a couple.
[post="1220673"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

I agree. If you remember in Nocture, Weiss asked if he was staying over. That seemed sudden because we haven't even seen them kiss and then we hear this line that indicates that they aren't even dating. It's bizarre. Maybe when the DVDs come out, the episodes will be listed as they were originally intended to be shown rather than actual air date. Things might make more sense.

Back