Why Me?

SkyGirl5

Cadet
:hi: Hi guys. Its sequal time :coolio:
but before we begin I have an importnat announcement
<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Important! Please Read: Ok heres the deal guys. I'm kinda upset by the lac of reviews that I'm getting from my chapters. I know that some of you are busy and dont have time to reivew but I mean come on - my PM list had nearly 100 people and I got 10 reviews for some chapters?
As an author that makes me think that people lost interest in the fic and stopped reading or that they didn't like the chapter. For those of you who reply to every chapter this is not directed toward you in anyway - I appreciate your reviews very much. But I would like to lay down the following rules.
First: If you want to be PMed with updates for this story you must post and asked to be put on the PM list - starting with the second chapter only those who have asked to be PMed will be PMed
Second: If you do not post a review at least once every three chapters you will be removed from the pm list.
Third: This is kinda in combination with the above rule. Seriously guys when you say 'thanks for the pm update soon' that doesnt help me. It also makes me think you didn't read the chapter. So say something ANYTHING about the chapter. I love quoted reviews but a sentace will do. I understand if you dont have time - i'm busy too but just take one second to say something like "i dont have time to review but i love when sydney... " whatever just a few words.
All of this will be greatly appreciated by me! Thanks so much. </span>

ok time for the actual story:

Title: Why Me?
Author: Janet (SkyGirl5)
Sequal to: Searching For Truth
Note: I dont own any of the alias characters but i do own Samantha, Melina & Dylan
Rating: PG-13 - for strong language & sexual content

Special thanks: My betas: Shelby, Katy, Amy, Ash, Spirit.... anyone i left out :P

Why Me?

“The year I turned eighteen my life changed forever. I learned things I never knew about myself, my parents, my family... I changed; changed for the better. But most of all I found the real me.”

Chapter 1

“Ugh! Mom stop the car here. Don’t pull up in front of the school where everyone can see!” Seventeen year old Samantha groaned. “I don’t know why you had to drive us anyway – I have a car!”
“I know dear but its your first day of senior year and your sisters first day of high school – give me this one last chance to drive you both.” Sydney, her mother, sighed.
“Whatever see you at 3.” Sam said as she got out of the car, threw her messenger back over her shoulder and slammed the door to the back seat.
“Have a nice day....” Sydney called after her but Sam was already walking toward a group of her friends.
“Bye Mom.” Mel smiled as she unhooked her seat belt and climbed out of the front seat.
“Bye sweetie – you’re going to have a great day I know it.” Sydney told her.
“I hope so...” Mel sighed unsurely but then she shut the door and walked away.

Sydney watched them both walk off. My babies are all grown up She sighed. No I won’t cry I won’t! She told herself. But her eyes were already getting misty. Sam, her oldest baby, was growing up. Soon she would be graduating high school and going off to college; off to the real world. It was so strange for Sydney because she could remember the day she dropped Sam off for her first day of kindergarten so vividly it felt like it was yesterday.
**Flashback**
“Mommy stop!” Sam pouted as her mother smoothed her dress for the thousandth time that morning.
“Sorry I just want you to look perfect for your first day. Now you have your snack and your pencils in your backpack you should be all ready...” Sydney said as tears were coming to her eyes. She held them back and shifted Mel, who wasn’t quite three years old, to her other hip.
“Ok Sam, give me a hug” Sydney said as she knelt down to the ground. She hugged Sam tightly and kissed the top of her head.
“Say goodbye to your sister now” Sydney told her.
“Bye Melina see you later.” Sam sad as she gave Mel a hug.
“ByeBye Sam” Mel whispered.
Sydney grabbed Sam’s hand and walked with her into her classroom which was already full of chatting kids and a few of their parents.
“Well who do we have here one of my new students?” A plump woman with a large grin asked them as they walked into the classroom.
“Yes this is Samantha Vaughn.” Sydney said somewhat tearfully.
“Oh how wonderful Samantha....”
“It’s Sam” Sam said quietly.
“Ok well then Sam why don’t you go play with the other children.” The woman told her.
Sam looked up at her mother unsurely. Sydney gave her a brave smile. “Go on dear.” Sydney told her. Then Sam walked off to join the other children.
“She’ll be fine Mrs. Vaughn.” The woman said to Sydney. Sydney nodded distantly and hugged Mel a bit tighter. Just then another mother came in and dropped off her son. The woman noticed Sydney looking tearful and said,
“Is this your first?”
“Yes,” Sydney nodded as she wiped a tear from her eye.
“Don’t worry she’ll be fine. Which one is she?”
“The one in the pink dress with the ponytail” Sydney said as she pointed.
“Oh my she’s so pretty and looks just like you- so does this one.” The woman laughed as she pointed to Mel.
“Thanks.” Sydney smiled.
“Do you have more children?” The woman asked her.
“No just these two.”
“Oh well Christopher is my third and I have another one at home.”
“Wow.” Sydney sighed.
“I’m Sheryl by the way, Sheryl Holmes.” The woman said to her.
“Sydney Vaughn.” Sydney smiled.
**END FLASHBACK**

By the time Sydney pulled her car into the garage tears were falling steadily down her face; she couldn’t hold them back anymore. She entered the house, walked silently upstairs and stood in the doorway of Sam’s room – the same room Sam had had for almost 18 years. The room had changed a bit however. It had become less pink and childlike and more adult. Posters from movies adorned the walls and there were less stuffed animals and more jewelry and designer clothes. Still Sydney could picture Sam’s crib in her mind and the rocking chair where she sat and rocked her to sleep.
Sydney wasn’t sure how look she stood there and cried but then she moved across the hall to Mel’s room. A room she had once lived in herself. But Mel had changed it around. It now had the blue sky with white clouds painted on the ceiling. The whole room was also filed with butterflies. Mel loved butterflies and had tiny figurines of them everywhere. Sydney walked into the room and picked up Mel’s butterfly shaped pillow from the foot of her bed and hugged it tightly as she sat on the bed and continued to cry.
“Sydney?” Her husband Michael asked a few minutes later as he looked at her lovingly from the doorway.
Sydney looked up at him and gave him a sad smile. Then she put Mel’s pillow back and walked over to him.
“They’re gone.” She said sadly.
“Aww honey they’re not gone.” He said trying to comfort her.
“Yes they are... Mel started high school so she’s like gone and then Sam’s gonna be in college and she’ll leave us forever...” Sydney said as she began to cry harder.
“Aww,” Michael said as he gave her a tight hug. Sydney buried her face in his chest and wrapped her arms tightly around him. Somehow she always felt completely safe in his arms. “They’re not going to leave us forever. They’ll be here to annoy us for much longer I’m sure.”
Sydney laughed slightly.
“Besides when they do leave... there’s more alone time for us.” Michael smiled.
“Michael!” Sydney laughed.
“What I’m serious. In fact... we’re alone right now...” He said as he kissed her.
“Yes we are.” She giggled.
“And I don’t have to be at work until.... look at that I have an hour to kill. What to do what to do...” He smiled then he picked up Sydney over his shoulder and carried her to their bedroom. She giggled happily.

i know a few people asked to be put on the addicts list already but sorry i think i forgot most of you just ask again :blush:
Let me know if you want added:

Addicts list
1. sfs&v - Shelby
91114152323812081161651419. shotput25ash - Ash

aww theyre old now! thats so cute!! but poor sydney. i still wanna know who left those notes!!! u better tell us soon! keep pm'ing me and can i be an addict please? great chapter!! cant wait for more!!!!!

This is soooo cooooooool! Not only am I the first person to post a comment on this story, but I am sooooo excited about this sequel! I loved the first one and I was on the net waiting for a PM everyday! I love you!
It is sooo fantastic, I can't believe that the kids are so big already! And don't forget about teh kitty and doggy by the way!

They're sooo big now and I can't wait to see their reaction to the truth!
I love you!

Can I be on your pm list please?

Ok, I wouldn't have guessed that Sam would be all grown up and going to college. It's such a change from the last story when she was still a baby and calling Vaughn and Syd, Mommy and Daddy, hahaha. Mel seems like a cute character.
“What I’m serious. In fact... we’re alone right now...” He said as he kissed her.
“And I don’t have to be at work until.... look at that I have an hour to kill. What to do what to do...” He smiled then he picked up Sydney over his shoulder and carried her to their bedroom. She giggled happily.
Awww, they're still going at it, hahaha.

Can't wait to see how Nadia and Eric's kid is. Sam and Mel have a cousin. :D

By the time Sydney pulled her car into the garage tears were falling steadily down her face; she couldn’t hold them back anymore. She entered the house, walked silently upstairs and stood in the doorway of Sam’s room – the same room Sam had had for almost 18 years. The room had changed a bit however. It had become less pink and childlike and more adult. Posters from movies adorned the walls and there were less stuffed animals and more jewelry and designer clothes. Still Sydney could picture Sam’s crib in her mind and the rocking chair where she sat and rocked her to sleep.
I just love how Sydney is reacting. And of course how Michael is there for her.
And of course he came up with a good reason for them being alone.

Loved the start to the sequel and would love to continue receiving a PM.

WOW Great first chapter. I can't belevie that Sam is a senior. Boy how time goes by so quickly.
Is there going to be more Vaughns on the way anytime soon.

texasalias

omg im like soo excited about this. i was waiting and waiting for you to update. thanks for the pm. please continue them. aww my mom has a habit of crying too, she does it every year. the most embarressing thing in the world i tell ya. lol well anyways please pm me again and i loved how you started it out.

brenda

actually u know whats interesting about that texaslias?
one of my original ideas was sydney getting pregnant again... but that didnt happen sorry :P

Aww, the babies are all grown up and Sam's now a typical teenager- doesn't want her friends to see her being dropped off by her mother. But, I'm sure she's a good girl and her parents are proud of her. Hopefully, we'll get to know grown up Sam and Mel as well. Syd and Michael's marriage is as strong as we all knew it would be and they still enjoy their 'alone' time.

Thanks for the PM and please keep me on the list for this story.

Chris

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>SEQUEL!!!!!!!!!!!! </span> :woot:

finally the SEQUEL IS UP!!!!!!!!!!! YAAAAAAY!!!

ok, first off, add me to the PM LIST and ADDICTS LIST...what was my number...2.22222....YES! (y)

second, i really liked your little note-a-ma-bob...i completely agree w/ it, because on my story i don't get any quoted reviews and that does make me feel bad sometimes...and the same feeling when people do the little quickie thanks things...

SO...i'm gonna QUOTE! don't expect it EVERY time...cuz sometimes i really do only have time to read, but right now, i have time! so, voila!

“Ugh! Mom stop the car here.  Don’t pull up in front of the school where everyone can see!” Seventeen year old Samantha groaned.  “I don’t know why you had to drive us anyway – I have a car!”
:jawdrop: SAM IS 17!?!?!?!? NOOO NO MORE LITTLE CUTIE BABY SAM!!!! and she's a TEENAGER, too! she's all embarrassed-like!

“Bye Mom.” Mel smiled as she unhooked her seat belt and climbed out of the front seat. 
“Bye sweetie – you’re going to have a great day I know it.”  Sydney told her. 
“I hope so...” Mel sighed unsurely but then she shut the door and walked away. 
awww, poor Mel! Mel...i like that...i have a friend named mel! :lol:

Sydney watched them both walk off.  My babies are all grown up She sighed.  No I won’t cry I won’t! She told herself.  But her eyes were already getting misty.  Sam, her oldest baby, was growing up.  Soon she would be graduating high school and going off to college; off to the real world.  It was so strange for Sydney because she could remember the day she dropped Sam off for her first day of kindergarten so vividly it felt like it was yesterday. 
awwwwwwww!!! :depressed: POOR SYD!

**Flashback**
“Mommy stop!” Sam pouted as her mother smoothed her dress for the thousandth time that morning.
“Sorry I just want you to look perfect for your first day.  Now you have your snack and your pencils in your backpack you should be all ready...” Sydney said as tears were coming to her eyes.  She held them back and shifted Mel, who wasn’t quite three years old, to her other hip. 
“Ok Sam, give me a hug” Sydney said as she knelt down to the ground.  She hugged Sam tightly and kissed the top of her head. 
“Say goodbye to your sister now” Sydney told her. 
“Bye Melina see you later.” Sam sad as she gave Mel a hug.
“ByeBye Sam” Mel whispered. 
Sydney grabbed Sam’s hand and walked with her into her classroom which was already full of chatting kids and a few of their parents. 
“Well who do we have here one of my new students?” A plump woman with a large grin asked them as they walked into the classroom. 
“Yes this is Samantha Vaughn.” Sydney said somewhat tearfully.
“Oh how wonderful Samantha....”
“It’s Sam” Sam said quietly.
“Ok well then Sam why don’t you go play with the other children.” The woman told her. 
Sam looked up at her mother unsurely.  Sydney gave her a brave smile.  “Go on dear.” Sydney told her.  Then Sam walked off to join the other children.
“She’ll be fine Mrs. Vaughn.” The woman said to Sydney.  Sydney nodded distantly and hugged Mel a bit tighter.  Just then another mother came in and dropped off her son.  The woman noticed Sydney looking tearful and said,
“Is this your first?”
“Yes,” Sydney nodded as she wiped a tear from her eye. 
“Don’t worry she’ll be fine.  Which one is she?”
“The one in the pink dress with the ponytail” Sydney said as she pointed. 
“Oh my she’s so pretty and looks just like you- so does this one.” The woman laughed as she pointed to Mel.
“Thanks.” Sydney smiled. 
“Do you have more children?” The woman asked her. 
“No just these two.”
“Oh well Christopher is my third and I have another one at home.”
“Wow.” Sydney sighed. 
“I’m Sheryl by the way, Sheryl Holmes.” The woman said to her.
“Sydney Vaughn.” Sydney smiled. 
**END FLASHBACK**
cute!!! :D but HMMMMMMM IS THIS SHERYL HOLMES IMPORTANT??????? or is she just some random mother? duh duh DUH! :thinking:

By the time Sydney pulled her car into the garage tears were falling steadily down her face; she couldn’t hold them back anymore.  She entered the house, walked silently upstairs and stood in the doorway of Sam’s room – the same room Sam had had for almost 18 years.  The room had changed a bit however.  It had become less pink and childlike and more adult.  Posters from movies adorned the walls and there were less stuffed animals and more jewelry and designer clothes.  Still Sydney could picture Sam’s crib in her mind and the rocking chair where she sat and rocked her to sleep. 
Sam's room! it was so IMPORTANT last story...where Syd cried and where Sam snuck out of and saw her parents...erm...:naughty: haha

Sydney wasn’t sure how look she stood there and cried but then she moved across the hall to Mel’s room.  A room she had once lived in herself.  But Mel had changed it around.  It now had the blue sky with white clouds painted on the ceiling.  The whole room was also filed with butterflies.  Mel loved butterflies and had tiny figurines of them everywhere.  Sydney walked into the room and picked up Mel’s butterfly shaped pillow from the foot of her bed and hugged it tightly as she sat on the bed and continued to cry. 
ooh RIGHT where she lived before she moved in w/ michael...uh...well...not that she didn't LIVE with him and was moved in but in his actual ROOM...right ^_^

“Sydney?” Her husband Michael asked a few minutes later as he looked at her lovingly from the doorway. 
Sydney looked up at him and gave him a sad smile.  Then she put Mel’s pillow back and walked over to him.
“They’re gone.” She said sadly. 
“Aww honey they’re not gone.” He said trying to comfort her.
“Yes they are... Mel started high school so she’s like gone and then Sam’s gonna be in college and she’ll leave us forever...” Sydney said as she began to cry harder. 
“Aww,” Michael said as he gave her a tight hug.  Sydney buried her face in his chest and wrapped her arms tightly around him.  Somehow she always felt completely safe in his arms.  “They’re not going to leave us forever.  They’ll be here to annoy us for much longer I’m sure.”
Sydney laughed slightly. 
awww, cute exchange! :love:

“What I’m serious.  In fact... we’re alone right now...” He said as he kissed her.
“And I don’t have to be at work until.... look at that I have an hour to kill.  What to do what to do...” He smiled then he picked up Sydney over his shoulder and carried her to their bedroom.  She giggled happily.
muahahaha! maybe they'll have ANOTHER KID! :naughty: lol

Let me know if you want added:

Addicts list
yep! i requested it oh-so-long ago up there ^^^

GREAT START! yipee! ^_^

omg when i saw the pm for this i seriously was jumping up and down!
love how they're all grown up now
it seems like sams become really detached from her mother and mel's still mommy's little girl
awww man no more vaughns???? :cry:
o well
cant wait for more

can i stay on the pm list? and add me to the addict list?
thanks

Tanya :beret:

aww they're all grown up!

I feel bad for Syd, my mom is like that too...especially on the first day of school, but i'm the baby so... :shrugs: ;)

This is a great update, can i get added to your pm list please?

ooh, and can i be addict number 13?

awwwww sam is being braty srry she should be nicer to her mommy. okay well i would prolly do the same thing. but awww mel is sooo sweet. please keeep pming me. thanks you so much this story has brought a lot of joy to my life.

Thanks for writing the sequel. Loved the first chapter. :smiley:
Sydney watched them both walk off. My babies are all grown up She sighed. No I won’t cry I won’t! She told herself. But her eyes were already getting misty. Sam, her oldest baby, was growing up. Soon she would be graduating high school and going off to college; off to the real world.
Poor Syd - her kids all grown up!!!
Good thing she still has Vaughn :D Thanks for the PM and please keep me on the PM list.

Addicts list
1. sfs&v - Shelby
2.222222222 Alias_Fan0202
3. vartan-lova
4. SydneyVaughn47
13. superspy
14. sexcivaughn14
91114152323812081161651419. shotput25ash - Ash

PM list
vartan-lova
littlemissliketofight
PoketRockets11
KoalaMV
texasalias2004
mrs.marshal030791
sydney_alias_vaughn
ChrisM
Alias_Fan0202
SydneyVaughn47
superspy
syd26
jgmvlover

:groupwave: YAY the sequel!!!! :jump: i've been waiting for you to post this!! :P

“Ugh! Mom stop the car here. Don’t pull up in front of the school where everyone can see!” Seventeen year old Samantha groaned. “I don’t know why you had to drive us anyway – I have a car!”

aww Sam's all grown up now! 😆 she's getting all embarrassed by having her mother driving her to school! :rolleyes: typical teenager! lol

Sydney wasn’t sure how look she stood there and cried but then she moved across the hall to Mel’s room. A room she had once lived in herself. But Mel had changed it around. It now had the blue sky with white clouds painted on the ceiling. The whole room was also filed with butterflies. Mel loved butterflies and had tiny figurines of them everywhere. Sydney walked into the room and picked up Mel’s butterfly shaped pillow from the foot of her bed and hugged it tightly as she sat on the bed and continued to cry.

(n) aww poor Syd! it must be so sad when you realise that your kids are all grown up :(

still up to their old tricks i see!! :laughbounce: well let's just hope Sam doesn't catch them in bed again...could be a little more embarrassing this time! :blink:

please add me to the pm list!!!! :woot:

OMG A SEQUEL
I've waited frever!
YAY!!!!!!! :D
aw, poor syd, her little girls are all grown up :(
omg, i love mel already :D
can I get a pm?
great chap :angelic:

Back