Why I Need You

Title: Why I Need You
Author: Britt
Feedback / E-Mail:twinzz2003@yahoo.com
Publication Date: March 19, 2003
Disclaimer:All the characters you see in this fic belong to J.J. Abrams and ABC!
Classification / Genre: Action/Romance
Summary: This is a sequel from my earlier fic The Scrapbook. Please read it before reading this one. It starts off with Syd and Michael's reunion.
Rating:PG (and hopefull will stay that way)

Chapter 1

They danced around in the backyard while rain poured over them making their clothes stick to their skin. But it didn't matter Michael was back now nothing could bring Syd down. At his first touch she had fell all her troubles watch away with the rain, and all her unhappiness disappeared. "I love you," they whispered to each other."I love you." Syd could have swore the world stopped as they kissed and cried for hours on end. Nothing, nothing would seperate them again.

"They said you were missing in action. What happened?" she said crying from happiness.

"It's a long story. Maybe we should go inside." he said smiling at her. They walked in the door still hugging each other closely, not wanting to let go.

Syd automatically started making cofee, and food for Michael not even noticing the dampness of her clothes. It was a dream come true. A wonderful happy dream, where she was the princess, and Michael her prince.

"Syd, maybe you should go change."he whispered in her ear. She turned around, and looked at him finally getting a good look at her husband in the kitchen light. He was dirty, bruised, and his clothes were in shreds. His eyes were bloodshot, and she saw deep purple circles under his eyes. Although his hair was messy, he wore a beautiful smile that made Syd's heart freeze.

"I hate to tell you this, but you look like a truck just hit you." she said worry growing. "I need to know what happened to you. Does the C.I.A. know you're here?"

"Please Syd go change, while I take a shower, and than I'll tell you." he said kissing her neck tenderly.

Reluctantly Syd changed from the wet clothes that bound her into shorts, and a t-shirt. She waited patiently as Michael got out of the shower, and changed. When Michael was done they went onto the balcony, and sat. The rain had stopped, but mist was still in the air. Syd didn't care she had a feeling she'd need fresh air if she was to listen to Vaughn's story.

Vaughn put his hands on his knees, apparently remembering something he wanted to forget, but Syd had to know. His hair glistened in the sun as he cleared his throat, and began. "We didn't realize how dangerous it was before we went, or how many followers Sark had. One of those followers was a member of our crew. Sark knew every place we went, so we had little chance of stopping him. One day we were in Madagaskar, the next Peru. We followed him day in and day out for almost a month when one day we met up with Sark at a club in Brazil. We didn't know his troops were there. We had tracked down an old enemy of the KGB's who had agreed to see us."

Vaughn paused, and she saw fear growing in his eyes. "Vaughn it's all over now don't worry." He looked at her, and continued.

"We were lead into a room. It was just three men and myself pretending to be scornful of all Americans. The man who led us in left just as the room clouded with gas."

Syd started to picture her husband in such a position. Her mind jumbled as she listened to Vaughn speak.
Vaughn was held fast by belt like straps around his chest, stomach, and legs. He struggled, but it didn't help he couldn't see how he could get out of this one. He wondered where all his men were. Probably dead. His mind whirled back to the gasous room, as he remembered passing out to end up here in total darkness. He shivered as he felt wind come through an open door, and cocked his head to see Sark.

Sark was dressed in black from head to toe with a crooked smile across his face, apparently he was having much fun.

"So Mr. Vaughn finally we meet," he said in his British accent. He walked over and sat down beside him."I suppose you and Sydney have had the time of your life with Sloane out of the way."

Vaughn sat motionless, his eyes staring towards the ceiling, and his jaw firmly shut. He didn't intend to talk in any way to Sark.

"Mr. Vaughn why are you here?" Sark questioned tipping his head to the side a little irritated.

Still Vaughn remained motionless at Sark's words.

"Then I guess we'll do it my way," he said opening a drawer, and pulling out a box. "I would really hate to open this box on you, but you see you have some information I quite very well need. But if I have to kill you, I'll find out other ways." Sark turned the box towards him, and opened it.

Please review! I think it's going well so far don't you? I wrote this while listening to Celine Dion's A New Day Has Come it just made me feel like adding a lot of romance so I hope you got it.

LOL I got the PM, but I was in the middle of a story and didn't realize it was up. I would have though! And I love the Scrapbook and I love this too!

I got the pm just as I was reading other fics, and needless to say I was pretty excited. I really like it so far, especially the rain. But then again, we all know how crazy I am about that!

More, More, More! I love it keep going! I wonder what's in the box? One question again, refresh my memory. How long was Vauhn M.I.A.? Great story, post more soon please!

Two years which I wish now I hadn't said cause it was really hard to come up with a storyline after two years. I hope to get more added this weekend. Thanks for the comments! I love ya all! (seriously)

Inside set four surgical needles all pointing straight to Vaughn. Sark picked up a small bottle to the side of the box, and Vaughn noticed the warning label on it.

"This bottle contains a mecury like product. If injected in you it will literally make your blood boil, and in five minutes your body temperature will be 100 degrees above normal. Now isn't that a bad way to die, your skin, organs, and tissues melted to goo."Sark threatened.

Vaughn gave Sark a death stare. He was scared to die, but only because of Syd. Syd his loving adoring wife. He could see her now, and hear her voice saying "Don't forget you promised." He couldn't die now, he couldn't.

"So Mr. Vaughn I'll leave you to think about that," he said getting up. "And Mr. Vaughn, I don't bluff." He closed the door behind him leaving the room pitch black.

Vaughn lay there trying his best to break his bonds in the darkness. "All I want to do is get back to her. I need her," he thought wanting to scream it badly. He kept at it for hours, but finely gave up with despair.

At that moment he heard footsteps come closer and closer till they were right in front of the door.
-----------------
The door swung open suddenly causing bright light to flood in after it. Vaughn's eyes watered from being in the dark for so long, as he tried to remain calm.

The footsteps were only a few inches away from where he lay getting closer each milisecond until they stopped. Vaughn managed to look into the eyes of a familiar man.

That's it for now. I know it's short, but I hope it's good. Please comment.

Back