Worst place to go?

Valentino

Scout
What do you think would be the worst place to go in a zombie apocalypse? It can be general (city, woods, etc) or specific (Wal-Mart).

I think at first Wal-Mart would be a horrible place to go because I'm sure people will flock there for supplies and food... but a couple months into an outbreak it might be an interesting idea. I work at WalMart right now and there is a TON of things you can move and use as barricades. You could make huge walls out of skids, shelving units and a lot more. Plus there might be some supplies left over, a freezer to store food (providing it still works), etc.

well depending on see the problem is if there were still people there they would move the barricades when zombies are coming what would u do then

If other WalMart stores are anything like the one I work at, there's a bunch of entrances which at first glance could be a bad thing - but there's some not so obvious ones that would work very well. Close off the front two entrances and the garden entrance, those are too obvious. Close off one of the back doors and one of the receiving (truck) doors, heavily arm the other two and make sure any barricades there are easy to move if need be. There's still an exit through the roof (a make shift ladder could be made to get down outside if there isn't one there) and have cars prepared at the auto department so if the place is overrun you can open the garage doors and drive away :smiley:

There may be other doors/entrances I'm not aware of - but those should probably be closed off to prevent any accidents from happening.

I think it's safe to go anywhere, if it has good security and the area is something you can watchover and also if it isn't susceptible to hordes, like what happened in the WD.

Huge Dept stores are safe but its best to do a thorough scouting of all aisles and warehouses just to make sure you're the only ones. Which most likely won't be the case.

Most of these places will most likely overran by the time you make your way through the door. The best choice in my own opinion is to flee any city areas, and anywhere that is inhabit by the living lol...

Zombies will not be the only thing we will have to handle. It's the people who are rushing to survive. So not only do you wanna get away from Zombies, you would need move yourself from society as much as possible.

Obviously you will need some sort of barrier to keep the outside from coming inside, but if you're away from things, you have better choice in defense, since you will know the land better.

Back