WoW - Burning Crusade - 10 day free trial

*s------s*

Tankadin!

*bowls over giggling*

No, no! I'm sorry! Forgive me... but...

*bursts out laughing, rolling all over*

Heee heee.... heh... hooo... okay now... hoo boy... ooh...

*sits upright, his eyes tearing up*

I was the sixth best Horde tank on my server back in the day with my orc warrior, despite being about the hundredth best geared. My good war buddy, one of the best hunters on the server, taught me how to pull incredibly well, which really is an incredibly useful skill for a tank.

From there, I just kept training, and became an ubertank. I even surpassed my hunter friend in pulling ability, he admitted it. One time I was grouping with him and some random fellow for a quest, and the new guy asked why the hunter wasn't pulling. He replied, "Because Tokroth here can pull a fish out of the Sahara".

*grins*

Anywho, I've tried tanking as a Paladin. It's great for both soloing and groups in lower levels, much better than a defensive warrior in low levels, but at the high end a Tankadin is laughable. I ended up switching to a Healadin, and I became one of the more desirable healers on my new server since Paladins Horde Side were in major demand.

Still, I quickly bored of healing. Flash of light, flash of light, flash of light, flash of light, flash of light, flash of light, flash of light, Holy Light!, flash of light, etc.

~Dune Walker~

Edit: OH COME ON! IT CENSORS "Sn1gg3rs"? IT'S A FORM OF LAUGHTER!

Post like this scare me a good deal, but I think it's also why I keep coming back. :smiley:2

Hey Dune if it is any consolation. I had a buddy banned on the SWG forums for using that word. It was big thing back in the day and they left him banned for two weeks.

I also saw some get banned for using the word philistine too.

The word "s-n-i-g-g-e-r" is a long-standing English word that describes a kind of laughter. How can anyone be reasonably banned for using it?

It's like, "Oh, I love grapes." (NOTICE: YOU ARE NOW BANNED FOR USING THE WORD R-A-P-E.") I mean, honestly.

And philistine? It could possibly be considered inappropriate because it was originally a racial/ethnic term, but it isn't anymore and hasn't been used that way for centuries, because that ethnic group no longer exists.

Who is in change of bannings like that? What kind of moron do you have to be to think philistine is a ban worthy term?

~Dune Walker~

Snickering is slightly different.

Muttley from the old Hanna-Barbara cartoon Wacky Races can be said to have snickered. It connotes a mildly derisive laugh, and implies a certain range of pitch and short duration of each sound. Snickering can be anything from wheezey to near-chuckle, but it is generally very throaty, and less jovial or good natured than most laughter.

S-Nigga'-ing (love how that goes through the filter, what a waste of programming) is more a kind of hushed, restrained laugh. It's often very nasal, and sometimes slips into full laughter. When your friend almost shoots milk out their nose, they snig-ger. When you laugh behind the back of someone, you tend to snig-ger.

Conversely, when the haugty villain mocks how the hero fell into his trap, he may snicker, but would probably not snig-ger.

~Dune Walker~

Back on the topic of paladins tanking..I've seen good paladin tanks, but recently as a 46-47 rogue, they couldn't keep aggro off me if I used feint and they were 55..

Apparently Druids are the best tanks for Kara not sure about after that. I don't really play although I am thinking of going back. I just know my girlfriend hates that she is a Warrior and they always want the bear tank instead.

Pinn, did you ever play a Druid from Launch until expansion? For two, whole, years they were worthless. No one wanted a druid.

Then they got buffed, and everyone went into an uproar, which caused them to get nerfed back down again, although they were still relatively well buffed overall.

~Dune~

Pinn, did you ever play a Druid from Launch until expansion? For two, whole, years they were worthless. No one wanted a druid.

Then they got buffed, and everyone went into an uproar, which caused them to get nerfed back down again, although they were still relatively well buffed overall.

~Dune~

I thought we were talking about classes now, not classes in the past.

Point of note: I hate raiding, only ever went with it because I literally had nothing else to do.

*grins*

And yes, I concede, druids nowadays aren't too bad off. I guess I was just being a bit harsh, because for the longest time I felt that the hybrids in WoW just were not done well at all. I played since launch, and my patience ran out on the game before they could start to address things. Too little, too late I felt. Ah well.

~Dune Walker~

Paladins can actually tank really well now. They specialize a bit differently in how they tank, but they are still really good. Remember, the current paladins vs the healadins of yore. BIG difference. They still are pretty darn good healers, but they can do other things pretty good as well.

I have tanked as a bear and as a warrior. I hate shifting and I hate rage. Just a pain. Female Draenei are hot, that helped a bit too. I really like the people on horde side, but I refuse to play a blood elf. They are horrible looking/sounding. I am looking forward to HJ coming out so I can have looks and function and still have fun with cool people. Not so much in WoW.

I think the Blood Elves have some of the best Area Art in game, but I admit, the modeling for the race is very lackluster.

With male blood elves, they misaligned the weapon holding on the left hand, so you hold everything all off-kilter and at a weird angle. The bug was reported, and a major patch just before I stopped playing said it had fixed an issue with male blood elf weapon alignment. "Score!" I thought. But no, they just altered the right hand to match the off-kilter left hand.

*hand in palms*

Furthermore, male blood elves also had a huge graphical glitch, in that if you have a weapon out and run with it, it moves normally, looking like you are holding it. If you walk, though, the weapon timing is completely off and it bobs around magically, slicing through your arm repeatedly.

Female blood elves for the longest time had a bug where when they performed the "Crafting" or "Use" animation, their foreheads bulged up like they were spontaneously growing a tumor over and over! Not sure if that ever got fixed.

As for sound, do you not realize that the guy who did the voice for male blood elves also did the voice for Liquid Snake?

~Dune Walker~

Not sure I agree always with paladin tanking... Some tank super well, others...well, a 45 subtlety rogue should not be taking the aggro from a 55 paladin and keeping it no matter what is tried.

The animations for the blood elves and the draenie are both very well thought out, but I did notice that on blood elf girls that weapons on the hips tend to go to the right..sort of like how gnome girls all have their shirts going to the right starting at the stomach.

Imagine there being a tall, skinny, mostly blonde race with pointy ears...

This is what WoW is now. Much of the population is now of the blood elf sort. Or, so I hear..

The females are pretty thin true, but they made them shorter than the Night Elves and only 3 of the hair colors ( and they have more color choices than most) are really blond. I picked a dark brown my self B-)

I left EQ2 ... again and went back to WoW a few months ago. The trade skill grind in EQ2 ... I dont think I could get paid to do that much work. Anyway...

I play mainly blood elves now in wow. They arnt mostly blond though. Most of mine have black hair now , I think there are 3 shades of red , 3 blond with a golden brown, a platinum blond within the blonds, a true brown and a true silver white and of course the black.

Anyway it seems like even thoug they are still thin the bone on the sholder and the rude looking curve in the ribs is gone. Ill bet most players didnt notice it even. Im weird that way though I get really picky about art.

If you want pink, green, purple hair and candy colors like that you have to play trolls, night elves or gnomes to a lesser degree.

Not sure I agree always with paladin tanking... Some tank super well, others...well, a 45 subtlety rogue should not be taking the aggro from a 55 paladin and keeping it no matter what is tried.

The animations for the blood elves and the draenie are both very well thought out, but I did notice that on blood elf girls that weapons on the hips tend to go to the right..sort of like how gnome girls all have their shirts going to the right starting at the stomach.

Make sure he has righteous fury on. ;) And is actually spec'd into prot...

<-- 70 belf pally (god i hate elfs, have I said that before?) just finished tanking illidan. He go splat. Was fun... Anyway, pallies are easily the main choice for 5mans, heroic or normal. As for raids, warrior can take a beating a little more, but nothing snaps aggro like a pally. I've also got a 70 feral drood and 70 prot warrior. Well, the drood is balance now and the warrior is dw fury. Because the pally can out tank them while I'm outside smoking a cig. :^O

Back