Season 3 "You never broke.."

SkyGirl5

Cadet
Ok seriously when the Russian guy from the covenant said "you were my favorite. you never broke" i was like OMG!!!!!
What do you all think it means?
This is what i think:
I think that when he said you never broke it was because Sydney never fully gave into the covenant's wishes. She always wanted to go back to her real life.

Maybe the brainwashing or whatever they did to Sydney causes bad effects on most people.

Or, broke could also refer to torture, as has already been suggested.

I think it meant that Syd always did what they wanted her too, and the brainwashing never killed her or backfired or anything...

i simply thought it meant he had tortured her and that's why he said, "you kept your promise, you promised that you'd kill me." You wouldn't promise someone that unless they did something to you. And then the part about how she never broke; she never leaked anything while being tortured.

i think it meant that she never came out of wutever trance she was in, if she was ever in one...who knows.....hmmm...i can't wait to find out!

I missed the part where the guy said she promised to kill him. In that case, I think the torture idea makes the best sense.

I assumed when he said that "you were my favorite you never broke" that he must be talking about torture. I would say that it is VERY plausible that Syd was tortured during her unexplained absence. She does have a lot of useful intel in her head. In addition, I picture Syd as being a very strong-willed person who would never break...not even under such duress.

I'm almost possible that this is a reference to Syd being tortured by that guy. First of all we know that the guy was about to torture that CIA agent before Syd shot him. Second of all Syd apparently PROMISED that she would kill him, which would make sense if he had tortured her. The thing that gets me is that what he says suggests that she was tortured for a really long time :(

Kara said:
I think it meant that Syd always did what they wanted her too, and the brainwashing never killed her or backfired or anything...
that's what i think!

they wouldn't torture her because they *need* her to do the killing

Well, obviously she came out of the brainwashing or whatever, so it can't be that. "Breaking" typically refers to torture. To assume anything else doesn't make much sense at this point.
;)

it seems clear to me that he was in awe of Sydney in some way. so i see it one of two ways:

1) he trained Sydney to be an assasin. and probably to withstand torture. and i figure by saying that she never broke he meant that in respect to being tortured for information. she may not have been, but it's likely they would have had someone torture her in a test to see if she would break.

2) he did really torture her for information at some time. some of these sick freaks get a perverse pleasure out of trying to get information from someone and them never giving in. it's probably some sort of admiration for their abilities or something.

but i think it's more likely the first one and he had something to do with training Sydney to be an assasin.

Why couldn't it be both? I don't see why they wouldn't want to get intel out of her when they were going to use her as an assassin. I don't see how that would interfere with their plans. My question is how did she get away? Others apparently have.
;)

I think she never broke into giving in into telling them what they wanted to know because i mean i duno if she didn't give into what they said cause i mean the killing of sarks dad

Back