700 Free Comics from Marvel

Jetshroom

Scout
After their disastrous promo earlier this year (which coincidentally coincided with the release of Sim City) Marvel and Comixology are trying again. Register here to receive an email when you're eligible to begin downloading. You'll have 48 hours from email notification.

So what happened earlier? Marvel and Comixology announced their promo. 700 Marvel comics free to download for one weekend. 10 minutes later, Comixology crashed. Marvel and Comixology had drastically underestimated the demand for these comics. (Much like EA and Maxis had for Sim City the same weekend.)

I'm a comic creator so I'm really enthused about this promo, it'll give me access to 700 professionally produced comics. There'll be a lot to learn for me in there. My usual exposure is independent comics.

Further to that though, it's an excellent promo. It's like the drug dealers that go around giving out free samples. Just enough to get you hooked. Then, you'll be lining up to buy them.

I doubt I'll be spending much money on comics in the foreseeable future, but there may be one or two comics that I might buy, we'll see.

Back