A Dark Turn

Absta

Cadet
Hey guys this is my first fic! if you guys could tell me whether you could see the characters in my fic doing and saying the same stuff in the show, i would really appreciate it. i jsut want to know if i got the charaters personalities and stuff down....CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM WELCOME! THANKS!

A Dark Turn

Sydney unlocked her door, threw her stuff down on the ground and raced to answer the telephone.
“Hello?” she said breathlessly.
“Syd, hey, it’s Vaughn.”
“Oh, hey!”
“I was calling to make sure we’re still on for the King’s game tomorrow night,” then added, “You’ll be able to watch the zamboni…”
“Yeah! Definitely,” she said with a smile.
“Good, I’ll pick you up at 6, the game’s at 7.”
“Okay. Oh Vaughn, we are probably going to run in to a problem soon.”
“What?” he asked, cautiously.
“Whoever planted the bugs in my apartment, planted one in the television in my bedroom.”
Vaughn was silent on the other line, “the one that facing your bed?”
“Yeah.”
“Well, I guess we’ll have to deal with that problem when we get to it,” Vaughn sighed.
“Yeah, I guess so. So I’ll see you at work?”
“Yeah, I’ll see you at work.”

“Thanks for giving me a ride, I can’t believe my car broke down,” Sydney mused as she fished out her keys to unlock her apartment. “It has been such a good car,” she laughed.
“No problem. I, on the other hand, am glad it broke down,” he said, wrapping his arms around her waist, “because I got to drive you home.”
He leaned down and kissed her gently, pulling her towards him.
“Would you like to come in?” Sydney whispered, “I think we may be putting on a bit of a show.”
Vaughn, who had been completely lost in the moment, realized that there were two children down the hall, gaping at them. They laughed as Sydney opened the door and put her bag down.
“Would you like something to drink? There’s some wine left that Francie and I opened last night.”
“Sure, sounds good,” Vaughn said, frowning. His eyes followed her as she went into the kitchen. “How is Francie by the way?” he tried to sound offhand.
“Honestly, I don’t really know. We haven’t been talking as much as we used to recently. I thought it was because of Will, they have some thing going on, but now, I’m not so sure.” She shrugged it off as she poured the wine, but Vaughn could tell it was bothering her.
She walked over to him, wrapping her arms around his neck. “You know what feel like doing?”
Vaughn smiled, she really knew how to divert a guy’s attention. “What?”
“Dancing. Will you dance with me Michael Vaughn?” she teased.
“I would do anything for you, Sydney Bristow,” he laughed. “Whatever keeps you happy.”
“Well, this would make me happy,” she said as she turned on a CD.
“It would make me happy too,” Vaughn whispered, as he wrapped his arms around her waist, pulling her towards him.
She buried her face in the crook of his neck and closed her eyes, swaying gently to the music.
Vaughn finally broke the silence, “Syd?”
“Hmmm…”
“I love you,” he whispered into her ear. He immediately felt her body tense up. She pulled back with a frown on her face. “Vaughn-“ she began.
“No,” he said firmly as he leaned his forehead against hers, looking into her eyes. “You don’t need to say anything.”
She put her fingers to his lips, “Shh, I need to say this. I have been trying really hard not to fall for you Vaughn, I really have. It’s just, this relationship was the last thing I needed right now, or so I thought.” She paused, trying to read his reaction. “It’s just that every person I’ve ever gotten close to has gotten hurt, every person I’ve ever loved. Will and Danny were hurt because of what I do, my father is a wreck and my mother has risen from the dead. You and Francie are the only people that keep me sane, that keep me grounded. And I didn’t want to lose you guys. But I think I fell for you a little faster than I expected and-”
“Syd,” Vaughn interrupted, “I understand what you are saying, and I will wait. I’ll wait for an eternity if that’s the amount of time you need. But I want you to remember something, that know matter what happens between us, I will always love you.”
Syd smiled, “You didn’t let me finish, what I was trying to say was that I love you too, and I am willing to take the risk of getting hurt if you are.”
Vaughn gaped at her, unable to believe what she had just said.

Well, what do ya think?

Awww... This is really good! For the most part, I can visualize the characters talking with each other. I'm gonna stick with this if you post more! :smiley:

Hey Guys! i'm really glad you are liking it. i am real sorry that this is so short, but i got to a stopping point and i dont' really have time to get anymore posted tonight. i also want to give some other people a chance to read it before i post too much more. tell me what you think of Kendal's charater.

“Agent Bristow—would you care to focus your attention on me instead of your hands?” Kendal barked.
“Sorry,” she mumbled, trying to shake her mind free of the person she hadn’t been able to stop thinking about since early that morning. She focused her gaze from her lap to Kendal’s shiny head, her ears straining to listen to his monotonous voice. She forced herself to remember what it was they were talking about.
“…we’ve had some people trying to find the location of the second clone, but we have so far been unsuccessful.”
“Do we have any idea where in the world the clone might be located?” Jack Bristow questioned.
“We have reason to believe that the clone is in the U.S., maybe even the west coast, but at the moment, we have no clear idea.” Kendal gazed at the rest of the group, which consisted of, Sydney, Vaughn, Marshall and Jack. “Now, if there are no more questions…”
Sydney decided to risk asking her question. “Is it possible the clone is some part of Sloane’s plan?”
Kendal’s eyes bore into her. felgercarb, Sydney thought, they had already covered that.
“As I said before, Agent Bristow, we are fairly certain that the clone is working for Sloane.” He gave Sydney his ‘that better not happen again’ look.
“You guys are dismissed.”
Vaughn caught up with Sydney as she left the debriefing room. “Hey, what’s on your mind?”
Sydney stopped to face him. He had concern written all over his face. She shook her head and smiled, “It’s nothing.” She couldn’t tell him here anyway. “So, are we still on for tonight?”
He frowned at her, but pushed her no further. “Yeah, I’ll pick you up at 6.”

haha, yeah, i didn't even realized i had written that....when i think of him, that the first thing i think of, besided the fact that hes a JERK! i might post somemore tomorrow, im not sure..

I'm with you there. I'm so confused as to what a zamboni is, you have no idea.

I don't feel like giving a formal review, but maybe later.

It's not that I don't like the story, but right now I'm being really lazy.

~Me :angel2:

a zamboni is one of those things that sort of cleans the ice between periods at hockey games. It actually is pretty fun to look at, so it makes sense that Syd would like it so much.

i am glad you guys are liking it! i am definitely having a lot of fun writing it! i am working on the next section, i will try and make it a little longer....

Back