A Life Like This

And the seeds of doubt have just been planted in Syd's head!!! She is smart now she knows where to look she will figure it out, I just wonder if she will figure it out before Micheal has to make a choice!!! Awesome update, can't wait for the next chapter

i just read all of it and it's really great

Did Michael see Sydney? Hopefully she soon realizes who she is working for. I wonder what this will do to their relationship that hasn't even started yet.

can i please get a pm when you update?

ouch vaughn is not having the best luck
cute that they all met up
thanks for the pm
update soon
thanks

luv Chicketepee :seehearspeak:

Kendall slammed the files on the table and leaned over his chair. "So let me get this straight..." Michael and Jack looked each other, each knowing where this was heading. "SD-6 Agents were able to get into the CIA, find Smith, and kill him, and we didn't do a damn thing about it?!?"

No one in the room spoke or moved. Along with the three of them, Weiss, and Nadia had crept in to hear what had happened. Kendall looked over at their OP Tech, Kristen. "Do we at least have them on tape?"

Kristen's face flushed quickly and Kendall shook his head. "They somehow were able to loop it. So, by the time we realized what had happened...they were already gone."

Kendall began to pace the room, "On top of all of this, we have front of the building smashed in!"

Michael cleared his throat. "Uh, sir. I think we might have, some, good news." Kendall looked at Michael as if he were crazy. "Well, we both saw one of them, or...I'm assuming one of them. The one who told us there was a breach in the CIA. He rushed us out of that room."

"You think he killed Smith?" Jack asked.

"Yes. Him, or another Agent. The guards downstairs said that three people were in that car. He identified one, but not the other two. I think I can." Michael said.

"So, out of the three SD-6 agents, we can get two of them?" Nadia asked. "Not bad odds."

"No, not at all." Kendall looked up at Dixon as he entered.

"Anything?" Kendall asked.

"No. Whoever that woman was that the guards saw, had to be an alias. There is nothing on her."

Kendall looked over at Michael who stood up. "Well, I might have something."

--------------

"Well, I think that was one hell of a job," Sloane said. "Great work, really."

Sydney smiled at him. "Thank you."

"While this matter is resolved, we still have the Russians and Rabamldi to deal with. But until then, I suggest we all enjoy today, and relax."

Julian, Lauren and Sydney all stood up to leave. "Uh, Sydney. Do you mind?" Sloane said.

"Oh, no." Sydney watched Julian and Lauren leave as Sloane walked over to her.

"Emily was wondering, if you'd consider coming over for dinner tonight."

"Oh, well, yes, of course!"

Sloane smiled at her. "Okay, that's great, Emily will be thrilled. How about, seven?"

Sydney nodded. "That sounds great. See you there."

------------

"I thought you hated your boss," Will was saying. He looked at the clothes thrown on Sydney's bed while Sydney was in the bathroom changing.

"I don't hate him," Sydney answered. "He's just....a handful."

"No, peanuts, are a handful, having a dog, is a handful, putting up with you... a handful. Arvin Sloane? Not a handful. Just a dic-"

Sydney stepped out of the bathroom posing for Will in her dress. "Is this alright?"

Will's jaw dropped down at the sight of Sydney. "Uh, yeah....yeah it's great."

Sydney frowned. "You hate it!" She wailed.

Will chuckled. "Sydney...no, you look wonderful. Really."

Sydney's face light up. "Really? Promise?"

"Of course." Will smiled at her and hugged her. Sydney looked at her clothes on her bed. "Okay, so, you're going to help me put all these clothes away, right?"

"Nope, see ya." Will walked out of the room.

"Will!"

Seconds later, the front door closed. "Great," Sydney mumbled.

Sydney began to put away her clothes when the phone rang. She picked it up, "Hello?" No reply came. "Hello?" she tried once more.

"....Sydney."

Michael?

"Sydney, it's Michael. Fr-from Starbucks...remember?"

Sydney smiled. "Well, we did go out."

Michael sighed in relief over the phone and Sydney blushed. "Right." He said. "I just wanted to make sure, you know, in case you know a lot of guys." Sydney frowned. "Not, that you do!" Michael quickly said. "It's just, you know?" Michael paused. "I am, like sweating right now," he muttered. But Sydney heard it.

"It's okay Michael."

"Okay."

"I'm surprised you got my number. I'm not listed."

"I know," Michael said. "But like I said...I got my ways."

Sydney smiled. "Really? You have to show me sometime."

"I will." Michael paused. "Listen, I was, uh, calling to see if you wanted to go out tonight. Alone. Just you and I."

Sydney bit her lip. Not tonight! She considered saying yes, but despite her feelings towards her boss, Emily was her friend. And...her husband was her boss. "I...can't. It's no that I don't want to, I just...have other plans."

"Oh. It's okay..."

Sydney could tell however, that he was hurt. "I'm sorry. Really. Rain-check?"

"Of course. Sorry, for bothering you."

"No, no. I will uh, see you tomorrow then?"

"Promise?"

Sydney nodded. "Yes."

"Ok, see ya then."

Sydney hanged up the phone and held it to her chest, waiting for her heart beat to slow down to a more normal pace.

------------

Well, it wasn't finding the place that was hard. That was the easy part. It was Sydney forcing herself to get into her car and drive there, then get out and make to the front door. Carrying a bottle of wine, Sydney entered the house with their butler in front, leading her to Emily and Arvin. Emily was sitting on the far end of Arvin, both in comfortable chairs, and both smiled at Sydney as she entered. She handed the wine to their butler and sat down.

"I'm so glad you could make it, Sydney," Sloane said.

Sydney forced a smile. "Well, thanks for having me."

"So," Emily started. "How's things going at the bank?"

"Very well," Sydney said. "We were able to tackle a huge client."

"That's wonderful."

"What is?" Came a voice. Sydney looked up and her heart stopped. She couldn't believe who was standing in front of her, in the Sloane Mansion no less!

"Of course." Will smiled at her and hugged her. Sydney looked at her clothes on her bed. "Okay, so, you're going to help me put all these clothes away, right?"

"Nope, see ya." Will walked out of the room.

"Will!"
haha that cracked me up
"What is?" Came a voice. Sydney looked up and her heart stopped. She couldn't believe who was standing in front of her, in the Sloane Mansion no less!
whpo is it???
cool update
but she didnt go it vaughn
do u fink he will id her at theri date now

UHH stupid Sloane...Syd could be on a date with Vaughn right now!!!!
-But hmm I bet that person is Jack!!! Am I right!!! :thinking:
-Great update!! Loved it!! Thanks for the pm!!!!

Back