So this is my life

“Is that so,” he yelled and shoved her. That’s when Sydney lost her balance and since he did nothing to help her she simply fell down the stairs and lost her consciousness.

Both Irina and Michael were shocked to hear her revelation. Andrew probably hadn’t intended to hurt her but it was no excuse for what he had done.
To bad for Andrew, he is about to get messed up!!! Nice knowing you man!! :smiley:

“Vaughn I know I don’t have the right to ask you this but can I go to Paris with you?” she asked sounding hopeful after a long moment of silence.

“As on a vacation?” he replied with a question.

“No. I need to get away from here and I was hoping I could stay with you for the time being,” she explained herself.

“If you are sure it’s what you really want then of course I don’t mind the company,” he replied with a warm smile.

“Thank you,” she said feeling relived and grateful.

“Why do I feel there is something you are not telling me?” he asked feeling he had to.

“Maybe because you are right,” she suggested.

“You know you can trust me,” he replied wanting to know what she was hiding form him.

“What if I don’t trust myself?” she questioned.

“Sydney… Please. Talk to me,” he said looking at her caringly.

“I’ve missed you. I care about you. I wish there could be an us again and I know I have no right to expect that you are still interested in me after all the mistakes I’ve made. I never chose us over anything but I don’t regret my life. I’ve experienced so many wonderful things and I understand if you think I’m saying this just because I’m scared of being alone again but… Truthfully… What I feel when I’m around you always seems to be too good to be true and I’m not used to being that happy,” Sydney blurted out and begun to cry.

Vaughn just smiled at her last comment thinking how adorably childish it had just sounded.

“Please don’t make fun of me,” Sydney pleaded and turned her head away from him.

“Well then you’ll just have to get used to it,” he said and took her hand in his.

“What?” she asked confused.

“I’m willing to try if you are,” he simply replied and kissed her lips indicating he still loved her.
Much better!!! :smiley:

Great update

aww
that was a sweet chap
why is andrew so..annoying
he needs to go away forever....and ever....and ever....and so on
yay they r going to paris together
thanks
:asleep: vj :asleep:

Chapter 18

Sydney stood downstairs looking around her house that she had been calling home with Vaughn the past two weeks. Leaving was harder then she could have imagined and yet she yearned for a new beginning. Things were packed tickets bought and all the necessary arrangements done. Her leg was healing nicely even though she still needed a walking stick to lean on but other then that the fall hadn’t left her any permanent damage. Her French was improving thanks to Vaughn who mostly refused to speak English with her and though it was a bit annoying at first she was getting used to it. Her mom had disappeared yet again but luckily Vaughn understood when she said she couldn’t talk about it. Later today she would have a little going away party witch he had helped to organize and life was finally looking good again. She loved having him around and they were slowly learning to trust one another again. They were taking things slow making sure not to make any fatal mistakes building up this fragile love and relationship they shared. She promised him she’d try to fit in for a year in France and he that if it wouldn’t work they’d look for alternatives. She smiled excited for the changes before her. And with that big grin on her face she went to open the door think Vaughn was back from the store and couldn’t find his keys. To her shocking revelation she found Andrew there.

“Why are you here. You know you are not suppose to come anywhere near me,” Sydney said in a very serious tone.

“I heard you were leaving. I had to talk to you,” Andrew replied looking down at his feet.

“Just go,” Sydney replied trying to close the door.

“Please,” he pleaded putting his foot in the doorway.

“Fine,” Sydney said and moved away from the door letting him in.

“I’m sorry for hurting you,” he started shyly looking at her left foot.

“If that was it then please feel free to show yourself out,” she replied not warming up a bit.

“Sydney I want you to know I loved you,” he continued ignoring her last comment.

“And yet you threw it all away,” she pointed out.

“I regret that,” he replied sadly.

“Well it’s your problem not mine,” she said wondering where this conversation was going.

“You have every right to be mad at me but just hear me out,” he stated carefully turning his glance in her direction.

“I’m not coming back to you,” Sydney said just to be clear.

“Of course you are not,” he replied with a hint of defeat in his voice.

“Then why are you here?” Sydney asked curiously.

“Came to apologize. Couldn’t let you leave otherwise,” he said calmly.

“Alright,” Sydney replied calming down.

“Honestly I never really got over the fact that you cheated on me. I know you spent a night with Vaughn in his hotel room. So I asked you to stay not only because I didn’t want to lose you but also I wanted you to suffer because I figured letting him go wouldn’t be easy,” Andrew explained.

“You knew?” Sydney asked surprised.

“Yes. But I regret doing the same thing to you. I should have fought for us instead because you chose to stay even though you could have left me right then and there for him,” Andrew replied honestly.

“I never slept with Michael. I was tempted yes but he didn’t let me so I just curled up in his arms and fell a sleep. So I cheated but not in a way you thought,” Sydney told him the truth.

“Really? And when you stayed I…” he begun not knowing what to say

“You don’t have to say anything,” Sydney commented feeling for him.

“I’m so sorry for not trying hard enough and all the mistakes I made. I know I haven’t been the perfect husband. I never meant to hurt you or wanted things to end up like this,” he continued nervously playing with his thumbs.

“We’ve both made mistakes,” Sydney stated compassionately.

“Hopefully he’ll make you happy,” Andrew added with a weak smile.

“Thank you,” Sydney said pulling her ex into a friendly hug.

“Take care of yourself,” he said smiling at her.

“You too. I hope you’ll find someone who will make you truly happy,” Sydney replied smiling also.

“Goodbye,” Andrew said and let himself out leaving a puzzled Sydney standing in the hallway.

She made her way to the nearest chair and took a seat trying to understand what had just happened. After everything she found it shocking that her ex had just wished her luck in a new relationship. His apology came as an unexpected surprise and she was stunned to say the least. For a second she wondered if her mom had anything to do with it but came to a swift conclusion that this conversation had been the result of his own free will. And minutes later she realised that now she could leave her past behind on a more positive note not having to ever look back on her marriage as a complete disaster and regretting it altogether. Because truthfully things had been great before they got messy. And she hoped she had learned something from it all so that in the future she could mange without repeating the same mistakes again. She knew she was far from perfect but also that she would try her best for Vaughn. He loved her more than anything and this time she was determent not to let anyone or anything in-between them ever again.

I was a little shocked that her ex came back, but I have a feeling that Syd's mom had something to do with that!!! :smiley: Great update, can't wait for the next chapter

Here is the last chapter. Thank you all for reading and sticking trough this odd little story of mine :smiley:

Chapter 19

Few years later

Sydney sat in the nursery with their baby girl asleep in her arms. Being a parent was an interesting feeling as she had discovered. The long sleepless nights were tough to bear at first but Vaughn helped out as much as he could and together they managed to cope with new responsibility. At first of course they were completely clueless as far as babies are concerned but they learned in the process. Besides Michael’s mom was more then glad to help out. So it was comforting to know that there is always someone to turn to in need. And as months passed things became easier and more natural. She had been a mom for four months now and finally didn’t feel so clumsy taking care of the infant.
Sydney smiled and gently kissed her little girls forehead trying hard not to wake her. Then she just sat there looking at their baby sleeping feeling glad she was allowed to enjoy this happiness she had always yearned for. It had taken her and Vaughn years of searching but finally life had brought them back together despite their attempts to have this family bliss with a different person. After all to both it was a second marriage and they had walked in and out of each other’s lives more then once for various reasons. Time had never seen right and maybe never would have been if she hadn’t been willing to bring a small sacrifice for them. And at first coping in a new environment and being away from everything familiar had been hard but she had no regrets. With effort she had managed to establish herself a new life here beside him. And truthfully Vaughn always had been and still was everything she could ever ask for in a man. Of course there was no telling how their lives and relationship would have ended up if they had made different choices in life but it didn’t matter anymore. Right now they had each other and were determent to keep it that way. Both had been trough enough to know you have to appreciate what you have if it feels right because once it’s gone you might never get it back. And regret is not a good companion.

“Mom and dad love you very much. And so do grandpa and grandma. If you are lucky then they’ll be able to be around to see you grow up and spoil you all they want against my will. But don’t get too excited. I know how overprotective they can be,” Sydney gently spoke her voice barely a whisper.

She looked up hearing the door to the nursery being opened. She saw Vaughn in the doorway and greeted him a surprised smile. Gently she stood up and walked over to the crib. Carefully she put the baby inside and giving their daughter one last loving look she snuck out of the room gently closing the door behind her.

“You are home,” she said excitedly once they were downstairs and pulled him into a passionate kiss.

“You are not angry with anymore?” he asked surprised when she pulled away.

“So you had to work on Saturday. Happens. Sorry I overreacted,” she replied leading him out to the back porch so they could speak in peace without having to worry about waking the baby.

“If you are not going to yell at me then we could have stayed inside you know,” he joked taking a seat next to her.

“But I love it out here,” she said in defence and rested her head on his shoulder.
“And I love you,” he replied putting his arm around his wife pulling her closer.

“I watched her sleep in my arms and I couldn’t help but think how lucky I am to have you both in my life,” she stated and turned her head so she could see his face.

“We are doing good I think,” he commented their new life together and role as parents.

“We are. I’ve never been this happy. But she is so tiny. I can’t believe we almost lost her,” Sydney continued hinting at the complications during birth.

“But we didn’t,” Vaughn said and hugged her tight.

“Yes. We didn’t… “ she replied half in thought.

“Sydney what’s wrong? Did something happen? You seem sad,” Vaughn asked worry evident in his voice.

“Sorry. Didn’t mean to,” Sydney replied with a humble smile.

“Sure everything’s alright?” he asked giving her a serious look.

“Yes,” she said reassuringly and kissed the tip of his nose.

“Good,” he replied and begun tickling her.

Sydney squealed and squirmed out of his embrace. She tried to run away but Vaughn caught her without a problem. He picked her and spun around in the air. Then he settled her back on the ground and kissed her passionately.

“I promise I won’t let you walk out of my life again,” he said resting his forehead against hers.

“Good because I’m not intending on going anywhere. I love you and I won’t make the same mistake again,” she replied her arms resting on his waist.

Then end

Great ending... Closure, a baby, and everything in between.... What could be better??? Sweet story, thanks for sharing...

awww
that was the most coolest awsomest ending ever
it ws great
i enjoyed this story
i really gonna miss it
it ws good
thanks for reiting such a good story
love~v.j.

Back