Season 4 ABC wins Wednesday Night !

Alias_Gay

Ensign
In a sweep month, ABC has beaten old rivals, and was the #1 Network on Wednesday night ... which is a great deal for ABC ... lets do the Monkey Dance ...

🐒 🐒 🐒
<span style='font-size:12pt;line-height:100%'>'Idol' Scores for Two Networks Wednesday</span>

LOS ANGELES (Zap2it.com)
Fast National ratings for Wednesday, May 4, 2005 "American Idol" posted its usual big ratings for FOX Wednesday, but a news special about the show helped ABC win the night.

ABC averaged an 8.4 rating/14 share for the evening, narrowly beating FOX's 8.1/13. CBS, 7.3/12, finished third ahead of NBC, 6.3/10. UPN's 2.7/4 was good for fifth, and The WB trailed with a 2.2/4.

FOX led the way among adults 18-49 with a 5.6 rating, edging ABC's 5.3. CBS averaged 3.2, NBC 3.0, UPN 1.7 and The WB 1.3.

The first new episode of "Lost" in several weeks dominated the 8 p.m. hour for ABC with a 10.1/17. CBS' "Dr. Phil" special with Pat O'Brien didn't make much noise, tying for second at 5.2/8 with NBC's "Dateline." FOX took fourth with two episodes of "That '70s Show." "America's Next Top Model," 3.3/6, was fifth for UPN, beating "Smallville" on The WB.

FOX took over the lead at 9 p.m. with "American Idol," 15.1/23, and "Stacked," 7.6/12. CBS took sole possession of second thanks to "Without a Trace," 8.0/12. "Alias" averaged 6.0/9, beating the slumping "Revelations" on NBC. "Kevin Hill" kept UPN in fifth, beating The WB's "Jack & Bobby," 1.7/3.

ABC's "Primetime Live" special, which featured former "Idol" contestant Corey Clark discussing his alleged affair with judge Paula Abdul, scored a 9.2/15 to win the 10 p.m. hour. "CSI: NY" was second for CBS with an 8.8/14, leaving NBC's "Law & Order," 7.9/13, in third.

This is such great news ... and even though "Alias" was 3rd overall ... the rating for "Alias" are still better than last year ... (y) (y)

SkyGirl5 said:
WHY EVER would pamela anderson get better ratings than alias :thud:
[post="1328509"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

maybe some people were too tired to change channels ... :lol:

Alias_Gay said:
maybe some people were too tired to change channels ... :lol:
[post="1328565"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

You might be joking but I'm sure that's one of the main reasons why Pam's :love: show beat Alias last night.

And of course, I can think of a couple of other "things". ^_^ :rolleyes: ;)

I don't watch American Idol, I didn't last night of course, I will never watch American Idol, and of course, I didn't watch that documentary they had on ABC.

But I sure hope they plugged Alias and Lost like crazy during the commercials! They must have - they should realize Alias still has the potential to attract new viewers, even late into the 4th season, and even snatch some viewers away from AI and into Rambaldi world. :redhair: :Ph34r:

I just want to point out that even though ABC had a great night, Alias still did bad (crappy may I add) :(

Yahoo! News
LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - ABC had a huge night in primetime Wednesday as more than 16 million viewers flocked to 8 p.m. drama "Lost" and more than 13 million returned at 10 p.m. for "Primetime Live's" expose on Fox's "American Idol."

The 10 p.m. news special "Fallen Idol" -- a tell-all session with former "Idol" contestant Corey Clark, who claims he received coaching after engaging in a sexual relationship with "Idol" judge
Paula Abdul -- brought in 13.8 million viewers and an impressive 6.1 rating/16 share in the adults 18-49 demographic, according to preliminary estimates from Nielsen Media Research.

The atypical competition from the heavily promoted special put a big dent in both NBC's "Law & Order" (11.4 million, 3.6/9) and CBS' "CSI: NY" (13 million, 4.3/11) in the hour.

At 9 p.m., the half-hour results edition of Fox's "Idol" appeared to be unfazed, ratings-wise, by the hubbub over the Abdul allegations, pulling in a solid 24.5 million viewers and 10.4/26 in the key demo.

ABC opened the night on top with "Lost" (16.5 million, 6.0/17), though it sank significantly at 9 p.m. with "Alias" (9.6 million, 3.7/9). CBS didn't do much business with its 8 p.m. primetime special (7.4 million, 2.0/6) featuring talk show host Dr. Phil McGraw interviewing veteran TV personality Pat O'Brien on the latter's recent stint in rehab.

Overall, ABC gave Fox a run for its money for the nightly bragging rights. ABC prevailed in total viewers (13.3 million) and was a close second in adults 18-49 (ABC's 5.3/14 to Fox's 5.6/15).

BTW, I think this thread should be submitted to the news section and show up in the portal. :cool:

hahaha ohhhh i love the monkey dance!!!!

*starts doing the monkey dance*

I think Lost and Alias really helped abc this year (y) let's hope they're lined up like this next year ;) i kinda consider alias and lost siblings LOL i mean, they're from the same creator ;)

I am glad they are paired together, but I have always thought that "Alias" would do much better at a 10pm time-slot ... so, I hope ABC thinks about that ... ;)

ABC's competing Alias came in at a respectable 6.9/10 in the overnights (##4), 9.64 million viewers (#3) and a 3.8/ 9 among adults 18-49 (#2)

It was #2 in the key-demographic ABC loves ... the adults 18-49 and #3 in total viewers ... which is still good for the show ... ;)

you know what - anyone who would turn off last night episode must be crazy!! :rolleyes:

ivand67 said:
I just want to point out that even though ABC had a great night, Alias still did bad (crappy may I add)  :(

[post="1328639"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Well, not really. 9.6 million viewers will keep us on the air for 100 more seasons. Remember, last years AVERAGE was barely 8 million viewers, and ABC still decided to give it another chance. Forget about the big boost from the premiere and just look at it. It's not that bad.

In my eyes, ALIAS will never EVER be a ratings hit. Never. It's just not supposed to be like that. TV shows with incredible ratings are always "dumb" shows (CSI - you don't have to do anything, just sit and watch stuff being explained, AI - self explanatory). I mean look at Lost. Earlier in the season when it was all just chase scenes and backstories, it did GREAT in ratings. Nowadays, it's been getting really sticky and complicated with the "numbers", the "hatch", etc. And ratings have dropped slightly.

ALIAS only got the 16 million in the premiere because it advertised action and sex. Once people realized that it was something more, they left.

So, ALIAS doesn't need MONDO ratings to survive on ABC.

ALIAS only got the 16 million in the premiere because it advertised action and sex. Once people realized that it was something more, they left.

I never thought it was action and sex. I think the opener this year deserately needed to take ten minutes explaining background. We'd have all been OK with it. For anyone to just pick it up in Season 4 would be pretty tough.
It'd be waaay to confusing. Pushing the CDs is the only way I think new veiwers are added..

Basically it was FAST FAST FAST ACTION, DISGUISE, SEX, ACTION ACTION, SPYING. That's it. Seriously. It just didn't stop. And people liked that for a while. Then they moved on.

Back