Politics Abortion

And another thing, should we give druggies needles so they can be sure as to not get aids?

I do think we should give them needles. If you can't beat one thing, try to beat another. :smiley:

I wasn't saying that abortions are good hygiene. And not all bacteria hurts you.

And I believe that it is murder if you get an abortion in the third trimester, or if somehow the baby gets killed another way.

mandy did take, and i salute her for that. :smiley:

i don't believe in god, and i have a very twisted moral system; i'll tell you those two things right now. i don't believe in god because i think that i only have the time on this earth and i'm going to use that to the best of my ability, not hoping i go to heaven after i die or figuring out how the world started before i was here. my moral system is twisted because this world is twisted. everyone is going to die. that's a fact. and countries go to war - killing people - without always having good reason. the world teaches us that it is okay to kill if you are smart enough to be able to twist your words and story so that it seems justifiable. that's just the way this world is. i don't believe there is any universal morality, which is why i think it is not our place to tell a woman or anyone what they can or cannot do. just because your beliefs and your morals are one way does not mean it is the correct way for everyone, mine certainly aren't. so you can't impose your beliefs on someone else. i don't think that i would get an abortion if i was pregnant, but having the choice is what it means to be american. we are supposed to be the land of the free, so how can we still sing that as our anthem if we don't allow people the freedom to make their own choices?
as for abortion, i don't think of it as murder. i don't. the fetus cannot live outside the mother - and for all of you who say "we need our mothers milk" etc etc, anyone and possibly anything can take care of us while we are out of the womb. but inside, the baby relies on something else to make it breathe, to give it food, etc. saying abortion is murder is like saying taking someone off of the ventilator who is going to be there for the rest of their so-called life is murder. a fetus has no choices, has had no experiences. just because we have had experiences and are happy doesn't mean another child is going to be. we can never know the circumstances, can never know the complete story, so it shouldn't be our choice, it should be the mother's choice.
i would rather have never lived than lived in someplace horrible, than had horrendous pain inflicted on me every hour, every day. that's the way i am. yes, i am happy with my life and i am glad i lived what i have. but i also believe that i wouldn't care if i had never been born because i wouldn't know what i was missing, or if i was missing anything.
the world is over populated. face it. if we continue the way we are, we are going to ruin this wonderful environment and die. all of us are. we need to make a change, we need to stop bringing unwanted people into the world. there are enough out there already, let's take care of them and take care of our world before we bring in more people who will be unwanted, hurt, and just other people to speed up our destruction of the earth.

m-c

And another thing, should we give druggies needles so they can be sure as to not get aids?
Yes, we should. It's called doing something to benefit society.

saying abortion is murder is like saying taking someone off of the ventilator who is going to be there for the rest of their so-called life is murder.
I absolutely agree with you there. There is no life to take, so therefore it isn't murder.

Scarlet Crystal said:
well said.

i think that is where the basic disagreement lies.
[post="1154182"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
Yes, it has to do with when people believe life starts. People that believe life starts before birth are of course against abortion.

And to tell you the truth, I lose more and more respect for people with such beliefs every day, simply because of how close-minded they are. They have their beliefs, and they don't even bother to take a look from the other side of the glass.

Itz tha Dreila said:
Yes, it has to do with when people believe life starts. People that believe life starts before birth are of course against abortion.

And to tell you the truth, I lose more and more respect for people with such beliefs every day, simply because of how close-minded they are. They have their beliefs, and they don't even bother to take a look from the other side of the glass.
[post="1154383"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
We're not closed minded. You're just wrong.

AliasHombre said:
We're not closed minded.  You're just wrong.
[post="1155622"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
:lol: you know you just proved her point right, right? :lol:
--mandy :angelic:

mystery_chick said:
Okay ya i know so typical, but this is one of the first topics that we would debate every year at our debate club at school. Now the more religious people tend to be prolife while more frivolous ppl tend to be prochoice.

Now I'm personally prochoice, I think a woman should be able to decide to do what is right for her and her body.

what about you guys?

--Mandy :angelic:
[post="413450"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

i would take exception to the choice
of the word "frivolous"
which suggests impulsive
and unreasonble
i agree with your opinion
on abortion though...
MC

Rambaldi_Follower said:
I can't remember if I've been in this thread before so I'm going to just state my opinion. I'm Pro-Choice. Strongly
[post="1155104"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

right on
"keep your laws off my body"
(national abortion rights action league)
MC

Itz tha Dreila said:

What are we not looking at? So far science hasn't come out an given us a point to which life starts. There's a huge difference between being closed minded and having a firm belief based on the fact...well...that there really aren't any facts.

I am new to this topic so forgive me if i restate some things..

I think this is a hard topic to debate about. Mostly because of everyone different beliefs. The way i see abortion is pro choice. Thats how it should be. A woman has the right to decide what she wants her body to go through or not. I also believe that you should have to deal with the consequences of having sex. I feel as though if your not prepared to have a baby then you shouldnt be having sex to begin with. Contraceptives & Prophylactics are not always 100% effective, even when used together. ( When I was 18 I was on Birth control and using spermicide and codoms. I still managed to get pregnant. Lucky for me i have a very supportive Family boyfriends and my own. Now i live happily with my fiancée and 22 month old.I wouldnt trade her for all the money in the world.) I graduated highschool with a little pot belly and went on to cosmetology school. Now i work in a high end salon and boston asnd can manage my life very comfortably. I can understand that not everyone has the same opportunities as i have had and some people just cant support a child. So i say why not adoption? There are so many wonerful people out there who cant have children. Its something to consider at least. As for rape victoms, im not sure how to approach that situation. If it were me, I would proably opt. for abortion but the second after i got raped i go to a hospital/police/doctor and get the 24 hour pill that terminates pregnancy. I dont thikn that i would be able to have and raise a child that wasa result of a rape. But everyone has different oppinions and beliefs. So i say pro choice, my thoughts and prayers are with all of you who have to face these tough choice and I hope that in the end you feel as though you made the right choice for YOU and your baby and no one else.

Itz tha Dreila said:

I don't think people who have made up their mind that abortion is wrong are close minded. They probably already looked through the other side and didn't liked what they saw. I def. know that I am not close or narrow-minded but I still believe abortion to be wrong.

AliasHombre said:
Think what you want, but its true.

If i think 2+2 is 4 am i closed minded?
[post="1155878"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
no, it means you've passed the first grade.

i wouldn't go as far to say people are completely closed-minded, but it does bother me that they think everyone shoud follow their system of beliefs, which guides their morals. an atheist does not think it's a sin (because they don't believe in sin), and therefore does not call it murder. so they should be denied because other people do believe in god?

if abortion is made totally and permanently illegal, it will continue. it will come onto the black market and in unhygeinic little sick clinics because real doctors are not allowed to do the work. it'll be done and that child people are lobbying so desperately to save will have a high chance of dying, along with the mother. is that what you want?

AliasHombre said:
Think what you want, but its true.

If i think 2+2 is 4 am i closed minded?
[post="1155878"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

:lol: Oh poncho, you crack me up sometimes.

and for the record, i dont' think you're close minded. :P I have a question for frequenters of this thread:

If your best friend (girl obviously) got pregnant and she didn't want the baby and is opting for an abortion, what would you say to her?

--Mandy :angelic:

Back