Politics Abortion

SarkneySpy said:
I know that I am probably in the minority of view here, but i think abortion is wrong. Flat-out, no exceptions. It's just wrong.  A baby is a person whether or not it is born, and it shouldnt be killed for something that isnt even its fault.
[post="1478750"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
well depends on how you look at it. Sometimes the lives of the mothers are in danger beause of the fetus. ;)
--mandy :angelic:

I think the mother's general health and opinions are also more important. Having a baby is not exactly a picnic. If the woman is not ready to have a baby, she shouldn't have to. It's not a question of keeping it or putting it up for adoption, it's a question of going through the ordeal of birth or not when you have the choice.

Scarlet Crystal said:
I think the mother's general health and opinions are also more important. Having a baby is not exactly a picnic. If the woman is not ready to have a baby, she shouldn't have to. It's not a question of keeping it or putting it up for adoption, it's a question of going through the ordeal of birth or not when you have the choice.
[post="1482698"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
Exactly. So instead of calling it murder and thinking bad of people who have abortions.. remember.. MY cousin had an abortion for god sake. If a woman does it, it's for a good reason.

Itz tha Dreila said:
Exactly. So instead of calling it murder and thinking bad of people who have abortions.. remember.. MY cousin had an abortion for god sake. If a woman does it, it's for a good reason.
[post="1484965"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Exactly. Who are we to judge every single woman who has an abortion? We don't know their stories or their reasons behind it.

I have to say I have a bit of an issue with the statement, 'If a woman does it, it's for a good reason'.

I'm not sure if I'm reading it wrong, but I'm not sure. I hope you don't mean to imply that any decision a woman makes is a good one because she's a woman. That would mean people like Karla Homolka aren't really monsters and it was ok for her to torture and kill people, because she's a woman, so she must've had a good reason to do it.

It's two different things, but it's how I read your statement. Can you clarify?

And I may be pro-life, but I would never condemn a woman for having an abortion. I will disagree with their choice, but I can't judge them because I don't know their reason.

It's the same reason I would never outlaw abortions. I don't think people should be forced to keep the baby (or fetus), but I would like it if they made that decision for themselves.

Well, I don't think ITZD meant it in that way because well men can't have abortions well ya know they kinda need to be a woman in order to lol

Now, she can correct me if I'm wrong but what I think she meant was if a woman chooses to have one then it's a for a good reason. I'm assuming this came out wrong since I believe English is not her native language and again ITZD, you can correct me if I'm wrong.

Anyway, no woman enjoys having an abortion and it is in no way an easy decision to make.

Sorry boys, but you'll never understand what it's like to be a woman and pregnant. Hell, you couldn't handle the the stuff our body goes through on non-pregnant basis. lol

sugababyboo said:
Well, I don't think ITZD meant it in that way because well men can't have abortions well ya know they kinda need to be a woman in order to lol

Now, she can correct me if I'm wrong but what I think she meant was if a woman chooses to have one then it's a for a good reason.  I'm assuming this came out wrong since I believe English is not her native language and again ITZD, you can correct me if I'm wrong.

Anyway, no woman enjoys having an abortion and it is in no way an easy decision to make.
Sorry boys, but you'll never understand what it's like to be a woman and pregnant.  Hell, you couldn't handle the the stuff our body goes through on non-pregnant basis. lol
[post="1485097"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

That's what I took her statement to mean. That if a women gets an abortion she has a good reason to do so. And some might argue that it's not a good reason...but you aren't in her shoes. You don't know what she is going through or why it's the right choice for her.

You may be right about that. We don't. But neither do you or anybody else, I'm guessing. Nobody, pro-life or pro-choice, can know what it's like unless they are in the situation.

Scarlet Crystal said:
You may be right about that. We don't. But neither do you or anybody else, I'm guessing. Nobody, pro-life or pro-choice, can know what it's like unless they are in the situation.
[post="1485634"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

I'm not denying that. I don't pretend to know what a pregnant women is going through. You can't know until it happens to you. I just know what people have told me...some who kept their children and others who got abortions.

In the end, it comes down to the individual views of the woman in question. That's why I'm pro-choice. I believe a woman should have the right to choose life or an abortion. It's all about the circumstances.

I personally don't believe in abortion. I got pregnant when I was 18 and i can't say that abortion never entered my mind, but I still had my baby girl because it was my fault I got pregnant, why kill an innocent baby for it. To be honest, I couldn't live with myself if I killed my daughter, she's my miracle.

I'm not saying that everyone will agree, some people don't think it's killing a baby because it's just a fetus, but I do.

well, personally aside, would you try to stop someone you know or develop a dislike for someone if they've decided to have an abortion?
--Mandy :angelic:

So, my hometown had a big festival this weekend, and a pro-life table was set up. One of the bumperstickers they had displayed said something like "Thank God you weren't aborted" and another said "Thank God my parents weren't aborted"...and those kind of things.

Anyways, this argument has always bothered me. I've encountered people before who have said "well you wouldn't have wanted to have been aborted" and used that as their reasoning as to why I should be against abortion. Of course I wouldn't have wanted to have been aborted. I'm alive now. But, I was also a very wanted and very planned pregnancy between two people who loved each other very much. And that aside, if I had been aborted, I wouldn't know it. I wouldn't be able to regret that decision. Just like if my grandfather was aborted, and he could've been. Of course I'm happy he wasn't...I'm here because of it. But at the same time, if he had been...I would never have been here so it wouldn't matter.

I don't know if that makes any sense or not, but just something I got to thinking this evening.

Jamison said:
Anyways, this argument has always bothered me.  I've encountered people before who have said "well you wouldn't have wanted to have been aborted" and used that as their reasoning as to why I should be against abortion.  Of course I wouldn't have wanted to have been aborted.  I'm alive now.  But, I was also a very wanted and very planned pregnancy between two people who loved each other very much.  And that aside, if I had been aborted, I wouldn't know it.  I wouldn't be able to regret that decision.  Just like if my grandfather was aborted, and he could've been.  Of course I'm happy he wasn't...I'm here because of it.  But at the same time, if he had been...I would never have been here so it wouldn't matter.

[post="1486078"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

:lol: I completely know what your'e talking about. When someone tried to use that argument I'm like. :blink: uhhh okay? that doesn't prove anything, nor does shock me into realizing some thing and make me change my mind. :lol: ;)

I would so roll my eyes at those bunper stickers. Too bad I dont' believe in a god to be able to thank one. ;)
--mandy :angelic:

Jamison said:
So, my hometown had a big festival this weekend, and a pro-life table was set up.  One of the bumperstickers they had displayed said something like "Thank God you weren't aborted" and another said "Thank God my parents weren't aborted"...and those kind of things.

Anyways, this argument has always bothered me.  I've encountered people before who have said "well you wouldn't have wanted to have been aborted" and used that as their reasoning as to why I should be against abortion.  Of course I wouldn't have wanted to have been aborted.  I'm alive now.  But, I was also a very wanted and very planned pregnancy between two people who loved each other very much.  And that aside, if I had been aborted, I wouldn't know it.  I wouldn't be able to regret that decision.  Just like if my grandfather was aborted, and he could've been.  Of course I'm happy he wasn't...I'm here because of it.  But at the same time, if he had been...I would never have been here so it wouldn't matter.

I don't know if that makes any sense or not, but just something I got to thinking this evening.
Exactly... how would you ever even know? It's just a hypothetical situation felgercarb that everyone cooks up to make the rest of us feel guilty for living.

Jamison said:
So, my hometown had a big festival this weekend, and a pro-life table was set up.  One of the bumperstickers they had displayed said something like "Thank God you weren't aborted" and another said "Thank God my parents weren't aborted"...and those kind of things.

'Xactly.

And going to a Catholic school, this is something I have to deal with on a daily basis, so I sympathize.

Over the summer, I saw quite a few "Abortion kills a beating heart" bumper stickers. I rolled my eyes every time I saw one.

As for the anti-abortion commercials... I get the ones for the Veritas society, or whoever they are. Drives me nuts. It's all "Imagine. All these poor babies don't get to have a life as great as mine." Right. Because every human being in the world, or even in simply the US, is guaranteed a great life.

Over the summer, I saw quite a few "Abortion kills a beating heart" bumper stickers. I rolled my eyes every time I saw one.

I have no understandig of why that should make you roll your eyes. It is a fact, abortion does kill or terminate a beating heart, admittidly it is highly emotive language but thats all it is. It is still a fact.

booooo, do you know what actually happens when they do this? It's gross, some one had a presentation about it in my speech class, and they said that after it's done, a lot of women wish they hadn't of done it whether they want to admit it or not.

Back