Alias/Dark Angel Crossover

m<o>j

Cadet
Author: Me (Jai)
AU
Disclaimer: I don't own Alias or Dark Angel.
N.B. Ages and stuff have been changed

Sydney Bristow walked down the post-pulse corridor of the Underground.

It was dark - 3 days ago the generator had broken town, and the only 'safe' electrition had come down with some sort of super-bug. So for the past three days they had been running the whole joint on emergency power supplies - but it wouldn't hold out for much longer.

Sydney had a sping in her step. She had just come back from a 6 month misson on the Eastern side.

Vaughn was standing, elated, in the middle of the corridor. He looked fresh and youthful, despite nearing on forty.

Sydney and Vaughn hugged. Sydney leant in to kiss Vaughn, but he embarrassedly leant away, and consequencely causing Sydney's kiss to land bettween the back of Vaughns neck and his jacket.

And from that position, Sydney could see over Vaughns shoulder a woman. She was clad all in black, and her elbow length, waved brown hair framed her olive face and stunning features perfectly. Her stance was strong, and she leant slightly away from the pair, with an air of superiority, however her eyes had encoded some sort of torture and pain.

"Hi. I'm Max." The woman started. "I've heard so much about you..." But she wasn't looking at Sydney, now forcing a smile, but at Vaughn, who promptly stepped towards her. Sydney put her arm around Vaughn; the trio's conversation was meaningless; body language and expression reavealed everything in unforgiving detail.

"Hey" Sydney forced. She was isolated. "Well I've heard nothing..." shot a look at Vaughn. "...about you, but I can't wait to. It's a pleasure to meet you." Sydney offered her hand to shake, but Max silently and motionlessly denied it. Vaughn nudged down Sydneys arm, in anticipation of the rejection.

"Okay, bye honey!" Max said to Vaughn, sensing, and perhaps somewhat enjoying the nervous tension, then continuing down the hall.

"Honey???" Sydney queried, as soon as she thought Max was out off earshot.

"Syd..." Vaughn began.

"No. Don't. Don't 'Syd' me. I can't believe that you would do this to me...again! And after all I have done for you...who looked after your daughter...who helped..."

"Syd, would you st..."

"No. When the old CIA disbanded, and Lauren joined 'Revés', I helped you through that, and when they murdered your daught..." Sydney was crying, and breathing like one would when having a panic attack.

"SYDNEY!!! Enough! Would you calm down? Whatever you think is going on, isn't."

"So why wouldn't you kiss me then?" Sydney spoke bitterly, through the salt, not expecting an answer.

"I didn't kiss you...because I didn't want Max to feel jealous, or have a memory surge. Her significant other, Logan Cale is in custody of La Revés..."

The pair started walking.

Sydney discretly cleared her face with an hankerchief, mentally brushing away her outburst as an outlet for the emotions she felt coming back after six months.

"What, did he kill one of there agents?" Sydney said, decorum now almost fully restored.

"No...actually he was an investigative journalist. He broadcast otherwise classified information over many sectors, disrupting some off La Revés plans, no doubt. I can't think why they haven't had him killed yet. "

"Logan Cale?"

Sydney opened the dorr to a conference room. It was sparsley decorated, although the equipment was state of the art.

"You may know him better as 'Eyes Only'" Vaughn said, taking a remote control, and hitting 'play'.

*This is a freedom screening broadcast. Do not attempt to adjust your set...*

"Ouh!" Said Sydney, expressing recognition. "But didn't he vanish off the airwaves over 4 years ago?"

"He didn't 'vanish'. He was put into solitary, in a cell belonging to La Revés. THis is according to intel recieved seven days ago."

"Okay...but just because he is an enemy of La Revés, it doesn't mean he, or come to think of it, that girl, are on our side. How do you know that they aren't the enemy."

"Syd, I know." Vaughn said, with total trust in himself.

"How can you possibly know?"

"Because...she is one off the ones we are trying to protect, and because we went to her, not the other way round."

----------

I wrote it on a looooooooooong coach trip alone. I needed something to keep me alive, and apparantly this was it! I'm not sure if I plan to update or not, and if I do, I doubt it'll be soon. (Sheer laziness, methinks!!!) Anyway, Read, Review, and *Renjoy*!

Jai

Back