Alias in Midseason: Good or Bad thing?

Now that it is official that Alias isn't returning until 2005, what do you think about it?

• I love it! No more reruns of Alias! All new episodes in a row!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It's okay... I'll miss Alias a lot this Fall and Winter though!

• I don't really like it. I'd prefer a regular season like before.

• NO! I HATE IT! I MUST HAVE ALIAS ALL SEASON LONG!

• Total voters
Personally, I think it's a great idea! We can all watch J.J.'s new show "Lost" and then "Alias" will premiere midseason and we get nothing but back-to-back new episodes! I think it's terrific! :D

I wouldn't go as far as saying its terrific but its okay I'll deal I'm angry but it will pass no actually wait ask me this question after the finale I may have a completely different idea.Can I just say if I have to wait a year then I'm going to be really upset.I know South Africa won't buy it until May or June a year from now.

Alias isn't returning until 2005???? I have stayed away to avoid leaky spoilers until Sunday so I hadn't heard. I really don't like this.

After all the interminable griping I've heard about the gaps in the season, I'd think that people would be a little more willing to give a little about this. But I guess people want it both ways. However, an early season--especially without gaps--would mean a poor season. Really, how bad do you want it?
;)

I think this is a great idea. Plus, it shows, I feel, that ABC is really supporting the show.

Think about it... 20 episodes uniterrupted, no reruns, no off weeks, just pure straight ALIAS.

It will be like watching The Sopranos, only better. ;)

this is tricky because when I first heard it I was furious because the finales are so jaw dropping that it is painful to have to wait the normal break in between seasons but an extra 3 months or so sucks even more, but on the flip side I am glad that there wont be three week gaps and that alias is actually having a 4th season..so I am kinda in the middle with the whole thing--honestly I just wish I could have alias at all times!

I guess, as a hardcore Alias fan, I'll struggle through somehow, but what about the casual Alias viewer? Doesn't anyone think a lot of the "normal fans" are eventually going to lose interest?

It would seem they are risking losing a lot of viewers this way. Example: The WB did almost the exact same thing with 'Jack and Jill' and it ended up dying. Not that Jack and Jill is anywhere near Alias quality or rabid fanbase wise, but...still. :confused:

Do you seriously think ABC is going to air Alias when an awards show is going on??? They never said it would be an uninterupted season, they said they wouldn't air any repeats...I personally like the repeats, it's better than no Alias at all.

I don't like it because we have to wait to so long, but this hefty amount of time should give JJ and the crew plenty of time to write and film.

This gives me more time to work on AllAlias content . . . Oh well . . .
^_^

It will be like watching The Sopranos, only better.

A wait doesn't insure a good season. I know a lot of people including myself who are not very excited about this season of Soprano's.

I personally really hate this idea. I love the idea of having new episodes, but if it means waiting all the way to January for it, I can live with re-runs. I know they have their reasons, and I'll be counting the days till it returns, but I really don't like it at all. 👎

If they are doing it for the reasons they say, to reconstruct a better story and maybe put the more involved production quality back into it (more time for filming per episode if they start filming early) then fine. They can ramp up the promotion too.

Unfortunately I don't trust ABC as far as I can throw the ABC president's salary in large bills. "Desperate Housewives"... "Desperate Housewives"??... DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES???!!!!!! That's their answer to the "drama gap"?!! I have things crawling in my basement that could make better decisions then that.

Okay I am cautiously optimistic...and a little tweaked. :blink: So if we truly get 20 new awesome episodes back to back....that is good. :smiley: However, we are getting jipped 2 episodes as it has been a 22 episode season. (n) And I am worried about the success of the show too, as someone else mentioned. Alias ratings have dropped this season...will a new time slot and mid season help or hurt our beloved Alias? I want the ratings up so they don't consider, even for a moment, dropping it!

freelancer7 said:
Okay I am cautiously optimistic...and a little tweaked.  :blink:  So if we truly get 20 new awesome episodes back to back....that is good.  :smiley:  However, we are getting jipped 2 episodes as it has been a 22 episode season.  (n)  And I am worried about the success of the show too, as someone else mentioned.  Alias ratings have dropped this season...will a new time slot and mid season help or hurt our beloved Alias?  I want the ratings up so they don't consider, even for a moment, dropping it!
Alias will be 22 episodes I think... and it's in the same timeslot!

anver said:
If they are doing it for the reasons they say, to reconstruct a better story and maybe put the more involved production quality back into it (more time for filming per episode if they start filming early) then fine. They can ramp up the promotion too.

Unfortunately I don't trust ABC as far as I can throw the ABC president's salary in large bills. "Desperate Housewives"... "Desperate Housewives"??... DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES???!!!!!! That's their answer to the "drama gap"?!! I have things crawling in my basement that could make better decisions then that.
Well you know the filming will be better... it won't be rushed anymore... so that's one good thing!

Back