Alias in Midseason: Good or Bad thing?

Now that it is official that Alias isn't returning until 2005, what do you think about it?

• I love it! No more reruns of Alias! All new episodes in a row!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It's okay... I'll miss Alias a lot this Fall and Winter though!

• I don't really like it. I'd prefer a regular season like before.

• NO! I HATE IT! I MUST HAVE ALIAS ALL SEASON LONG!

• Total voters
I don't like it...not one bit

But I was thinking, "Crossing Jordan" (NBC) came back at midseason although it was for specific reason's that the shows star was pregnant and was having a baby. However the raitings for the show have improved for it with its midseason return. This may be good for Alias, plus a rerun-free season may be good it decreases the chance of people thinking "oh three weeks until the next Alias" or "WHAT! Three weeks until the season finale!!" all they think is "oh next week" all season long. That will be the only upside...BUT from what I've heard only 20 episode? ehh i dont like that one very much

All together, I don't like the fact of not having my Alias until freaken JANUARY!...how ever rerun-free does sound very appealing

But...in closing...i was hyperventilating when i read that it wouldnt be back until January just to let you all know >_<

Adios

Personally I really don't like this idea  What are we going to do during the fall + winter without Alias?

Watch J.J.'s new apparently fabulous show, "Lost." On at 8:00 PM et this fall on Wednesdays on ABC!

... And I am worried about the success of the show too, as someone else mentioned. Alias ratings have dropped this season...will a new time slot and mid season help or hurt our beloved Alias? I want the ratings up so they don't consider, even for a moment, dropping it!

In reality, Alias' ratings have in fact gone UP this season! Last season, the show was getting about 8 million viewers an episode, where this season, it has gone up to almost 9.5 million! ABC will air Alias in the same time slot, just when January comes around! C'mon guys, it'll be like Santa bringing us Alias for X-mas! :xmas: Our New Year's Resolution could be to never miss a consecutively-airing episode of Alias!! It'll be great! Also, as of now, the episode order has not dropped! It looks like there will still be 22 episodes!!

I think its not the greatest of ideas. I mean sure we went up in rating this year but there is no guarantee that it won't go down b/c of the mid-season airing.

I'm "ify" about this thing...but I guess we'll find out...

In Aus we never get repeats and that is a good thing. In that interview a few months back Jen said that she was constantly falling asleep on set between set-ups. This way there will not be as much pressure and maybe poor Jen will be able to get a bit more sleep which can only be good for the show, her performances and her health.

hmm my mom seems to think that they're delaying it because she might want to go do movies..or something...and yea..hmm..

i don't particulary take it as a good sign...there has to be a reason why they are doing this and treating it "special"...i mean, if they weren't concered with it they would have it on normally, throughout the year...it just worries me. -_- :thinking:

Well, yeah ABC is concerned about the show! It's so fabulous, but doesn't get that many viewers --- I'd be concerned too. Let's hope, and I think it will, that this boosts Alias' ratings for good! ;)

verdantheart said:
After all the interminable griping I've heard about the gaps in the season, I'd think that people would be a little more willing to give a little about this. But I guess people want it both ways. However, an early season--especially without gaps--would mean a poor season. Really, how bad do you want it?
;)
Exactly the way I feel - and it sounds much better than my response would.

I'm okay with the idea. I'll miss it in the fall, or course, but ultimately - if it gives us a really good Season 4 than I'm all for it! Plus, the storyline will be much easier to follow if there aren't those hated 3 or 4 week gaps in between shows. Or especially that really long gap in the winter...

From what I understand, the new execs want to do this so that JJ can give the show a makeover, and have it come back better in January. It also seems that network interference, not JJ, were mostly to blame for the debacle that we know as season 3; and those culprits are gone. JJ also says he wants to brighten it up a bit after the dreary, depressing season 3. Sounds like they have a strategy in mind here, folks. And we Jack fans know how important that is. I am willing to wait. What's the alternative -- the same garbage next fall that we had last fall? I say let's be patient. This time we have a reason to believe.

It's okay. I guess I can wait 3 months if it means we'll have consecutive eps airing.... and if it means a better show than this season has shown.

I hate it! I live in Australia, so I used to have Alias from the internet for half of the year, and then watch the episodes again on TV the rest of the year. No more year-round Alias for me anymore!

I really don't like this change-- I think its all about the wait, but it still feels like an iffy ABC deal. Besides-- Syd gets no Thanksgiving and Christmas :-/

AugustSnow said:
Personally I really don't like this idea :angry: What are we going to do during the fall + winter without Alias?
I agree. The danger is out of sight, out of mind. The casual Alias fan may find some other program on another network on 9 pm Sunday that they grow to love and prefer.

That thing about gaps in continuity caused by preemption and reruns? Many TV shows air a few episodes and then throw in a rerun to allow time to catch up. Stargate SG1, Andromeda, the various Star Trek successors did that. It may break continuity, but it also allows fans to see episodes that they may have missed, or to enjoy again. Are Alias fans the sort of people who only watch an episode once and not want to see it again? Of course not.

The other problem of only one airing of episodes is for people who live in areas where stations will preempt Alias for a sporting event, news/weather alerts/emergency or power failure. Missing an episode will be disasterous for an Alias fan with only a single showing. :eek:

Finally this is going to hurt all of the Jennifer Garner/Alias forums. What will we do until January??!! It is already a strain to find things to talk about from June until September. :(

Back