Alias in Midseason: Good or Bad thing?

Now that it is official that Alias isn't returning until 2005, what do you think about it?

• I love it! No more reruns of Alias! All new episodes in a row!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It's okay... I'll miss Alias a lot this Fall and Winter though!

• I don't really like it. I'd prefer a regular season like before.

• NO! I HATE IT! I MUST HAVE ALIAS ALL SEASON LONG!

• Total voters
I don't know what to think about this whole midseason thing...i mean, we only get 20 episodes instead of 22...that part totally stinks! :angry: But it will be nice not to have reruns so much. But i just can't stop thinking that i won't see a new Alias for seven months...SEVEN MONTHS! :yikes: That is going to be difficult! Well, i guess we'll just have to see what happens...and if ABC doesn't shape up in its support of alias, i'll be the first to write my complaint!

i said it's okay, but i'll miss it because i will. at least i have the 3 seasons on dvd. but there'll be less interruptions midseason, so that's good

TV Gal (zap2it) on DH & Alias:

ABC deserves 30 lashes with a wet noodle for the way they've programmed "Alias" (Sunday, ABC, 9 p.m.) this season. To make fans wait three weeks for the season finale is ridiculous and a sure-fire way to confuse and alienate even the most devout viewers. Sure we don't need to track and fully understand the Rambaldi prophecy, but sometimes even I can't remember what happened on the last new episode. That's probably why I hold the minority opinion that it's actually not a bad thing that ABC is holding the fourth season premiere of "Alias" until next January. Once the show returns, it will air uninterrupted sans repeats. That's the kind of momentum the show needs. Plus, I'll admit it definitely softens the blow that "Desperate Housewives" is the show bumping Sydney. "Desperate Housewives" is the series I'm most looking forward to next season (see, who says I can't be nice to ABC?) It's like they said, "La Femme de  who would you like to see in a television series?" and then made it so. "Desperate Housewives" stars my faves Teri Hatcher, Felicity Huffman, Marcia Cross, James Denton, Sheryl Lee and Eva Longoria. It's executive produced by Charles Pratt Jr. (one of the writers of "Melrose Place"). Seriously, how can we not love this show? By the way, poor Sheryl Lee (Laura Palmer on "Twin Peaks") once again plays a dead person.
;)

At first I was EXTRMELY angry ( :cuss: ) but then I thought it over and decided that it will be much better next season with all the episodes back to back. (y) But the wait still sucks!!

i'll deal with no Alias this Fall and Winter, but it better be good when it starts again! Like the most fanastic episodes you'll ever see! EVER! :woot: :D

I dont like what ABc is doing to ALIAS.. i have always gotton the feeling that Abc has never highly regarded ALias as the great show that it is.. merely bc of the fact that the ratings r not that high.. i was also upset that this year ALIAS didnt even get the time spot after the Superbowl.. like it did for Season 2 and that episode totally rocked! Season 3 has been great compared to what else is on TV, but according to ALIAS standards. i felt that Season 1 and 2 were MUCH better.. I always greatly respected J.J. Abrahms for creating ALIAS and making it so great.. but i feel like he's more interested in LOST now.. I read somewhere that he was busy working on LOST for the middle of ALIAS season 3 and he didnt do any of the writing or anything.. and then for the final episode... it was already written and shot... and then J.J. saw it and had to fix it.. so thats why there was that confusion with the ending of the episode and what abc posted.

I'm a little surprised... maybe even shocked, that they're going back into production at the end of July (which I guess means JG's and MV's movie commitments will be definitively over). It can only be a good thing, since it means the production money is being channeled in well before the network knows how their season is going to go. Whether it means a luxurious amount of time to shoot each episode or an attempt to get most of the season on film before it starts to broadcast I don't know. Keep an ear out for any movie filming schedules JG has to know when her Alias filming season ends (unless by some miracle she takes some time off).

meh its ok... i mean sure i dont wanna wait forever but i'm liking it better after reading what JJ and everyone said bout it
i think it could be a very good thing

This is even worse for UK fans...I need help because im super confused of when will we get to see S4.
Ok, we have just watched Hourglass which was filmed in March 2004 (Jen's Mtv Diary time)
And now it is July 2004, that is five months after in the UK...
It aired in USA in April 2004, that is two months after in the USA...
New season aires in January 2005 in the USA...
So it will start in the UK in...? If my calculations are correct it seems around May 2005... But we dont have gaps between shows, so that could move it forward a bit...
Nooooooooo...That is like a whole year...I dont even know if its channel Bravo even has the rights to it...I damn sure hope it does...
Ok must relax and wait for another three weeks for the end of S3...
Anyway JJ needs time to return it to a truly super excellent show rather than an truly excellent show (S3)
Phew...thats a whole lotta typin' ^_^

And alias11fari...

"i have always gotton the feeling that Abc has never highly regarded Alias as the great show that it is.. "

Its different in the UK as on its channel Bravo it is the only real big show that they have got so they treat it well... (y)

Back