Always

Ok. I already posted this over at fanfiction.net. It's 13 chapters in all It's sequel is over there too. But if you want to read it here, I would LOVE replies!!
Disclaimer:Nope I don't own them

“What? This can’t be. Two years?” she asked.

Vaughn nodded slightly. “ What was the last thing you remember?”

“Um, shooting Francie, or at least the Francie double. Then I think I blacked out.”

“Oh God” Vaughn said. He leaned over and put his head in his hands. Sydney glanced at the ring on his left hand again.

“Vaughn, will you please explain that ring to me?”

He thought about how exactly to do this, since she obviously didn’t remember, then he pulled the ring off of his finger and handed it to her.

“Read the inscription” he said quietly.

She took the ring from him and read the inscription aloud.

“ S.A.B to M.C.V Oct. 1 ’03 Always.” A look of realization came over her face.

“We’re married?”

“Mmm Hmm. That last memory you have of the Francie double happened in May, about 5 months before you disappeared.”

“Oh my god.” She whispered. She handed the ring back to him and he slipped it back on his finger.

“So If I disappeared in October 2003, then that would make this October 2005?”

He nodded. “October 2, 2005 actually.” He said.

“Yesterday was our wedding anniversary.”

He nodded and looked down at the floor.

“What happened the day I disappeared?”

“We were on a mission. Just a few days after our wedding actually” he stopped for a second, and she could see this was hard on him. She understood why. She had disappeared just days after their wedding, and had been gone for two years.

“Vaughn, if this is too hard..”

“No Syd. I’m Okay. You were really pissed off at Kendall and your father because they called us in the day before we were going to leave for our honeymoon.”

FLASHBACK

Vaughn pressed end on his cell phone and looked at his wife. She knew that look.

“Michael Vaughn, Don’t you dare tell me that Kendall wants us to go in just 3 days after our wedding.”

“Okay, Kendall doesn’t want us to come in”

She sighed, relieved. Then he went on.

“You’re father does.”

“What! Vaughn, we just got married! They want us to come in now!”

Vaughn could see she was easily passing from furious to extremely pissed off. He walked over to her and put his hands on her shoulders and looked her in the eye.

“Look Syd, we can go, do what they need us to do, then head to France for our honeymoon.”

He took his hand off her shoulders as she wrapped her arms around his neck.

“Ok” she sighed.

END FLASHBACK

She smiled at him.

“You always know how to make me feel better.”

He smiled slightly. The first smile she had gotten out of him since he got there.

He shrugged.

“I love you” he said in a matter of fact tone.

She smiled at him again.

“So what happened during the mission?”

“Well…”

FLASHBACK

“You know Syd, I really like that dress.”

She was wearing a light blue dress that really didn’t serve much of a purpose, because it was almost completely see through.

“You would” she replied as she sat next to him in the van and putting on a blonde wig. Then she stuck her comm. Link in her ear.

“Alright, I’m all set” she said, standing up to leave when she realized something. She looked down at her left hand and pulled her wedding band and engagement ring off of her finger and handed them to Vaughn.

“Here keep these safe for me”

“Syd” she looked over at him. “Please be careful”

She turned back and quickly but softly brushed her lips over his.

“I always am”

She left the van and went into the building. After a few minutes, she turned her comm link on.

“Alright boy scout, I’m in position.”

“Copy that”

“Going radio silent”

“Okay”

“Vaughn?”

“Yeah Syd?”

“I love you”

END FLASHBACK

“That was the last I had heard from you.”

Tears were streaming down her face at this point.

“I spent a year looking for you. I told that no way in hell was I going to leave Honk Kong without my wife. But eventually I went back to the states.

Sydney reached over and pulled him into a tight hug. She pressed her lips firmly to the side of his neck.

“I’m back Vaughn.”

He pulled away to kiss her lips, then he stood up and held out his hand.

“Come on. Lets get you home.”

Wow! I love this!!! It's so sweet and truly justified. Great job! Yay Syd and Vaughn moments! Plus, the ring inscription was amazing!!! ~tears!~
...cks

Okay, Okay, Okay! this is the best take by far on the season two ending. I like how they are married aspeccially and tha fact that they aren't mad at each other. This is so cute. Can't wait to see what happened to Syd.

hmm... was this posted at FFN? seems strangely familiar...

very good!

eH... read the not... *smacks head* dont mind me...

woah...its 2005. that seems so far in the future. anyways..i like the fic so far. can u pm me when u have another chap up plz?

i liked that one it was so sweet ans that is a ring theory i actually agree with im so happy that vaughn is married to sydney thats how it should be:P great writing keep posting

Thank you for all your replies! you guys are Great!!
Disclaimer: Nope I don't own them

They got into a CIA plane about a half an hour later. As soon as they were settled, Sydney hit Vaughn with a barrage of questions.

“What happened after I blacked out?”

“Do you remember that trip to…” he trailed off.

“Santa Barbara?” she finished for him.

“Yeah, that trip to Santa Barbara that were planning?” she nodded, so he continued.

“Well that night, I went to pick you up..”

FLASHBACK

Vaughn knocked on the door the second time. “Syd?”

He was starting to worry, so he turned the knob to find it unlocked.

He walked in, and was immediately halted as he took in the scene before him. To say that the place was a mess was a gross understatement. There was glass everywhere. And as he walk through the apartment. He walked into the kitchen and saw silver ware and broken plates strewn all over the floor. Francie, Will and Sydney were no where in sight.

He walked through the house to the bathroom, and had to hold on to a wall to keep from collapsing. There was blood everywhere. He hoped to god it wasn’t Sydney’s. As he walked closer to the bathtub, he saw Will Tippin lying in it, blood gushing out of the gaping stab would to his stomach.

“Oh god.” He grabbed towels and anything else he could find to press to his stomach to stop the bleeding. He rinsed off his hands quick in the sink, Then he went off to the bedroom. He need to find Syd. As he walked in, he could see Francie on the floor, blood spurting from the bullet wounds to her chest. He bent down to check her pulse, only to find that she didn’t have one. Then he turned around only to find Sydney lying against the wall unconscious.

“SYDNEY! Oh god. Syd!? Come on Syd, come one wake up. He lifted her head and gently, as to not disturb any wounds she might have, and laid it in his lap. He was extremely relieved to find she had a pulse.

END FLASHBACK

“I called CIA dispatch. You had woken up just as we they were loading you and Will into ambulances and told us about the Francie double, and as I assured to you profusely that she was dead, you kissed me and fell asleep.

She smiled at him and looked at their intertwined fingers. She rubbed his wedding ring gingerly with her thumb.

“How did you propose?”

“Ah, damn,” he gave her a smile. “I knew that was going to come up soon.”

She laughed. “ Come on Vaughn, tell me.”

“ok” he sighed. “ I did it the night I found you”

She laughed again. “ You did?”

“Uh huh”

FLASHBACK

He walked into the hospital room where she was sleeping, clutching the little box in his pocket so hard, he was sure that there were dents of his fingers in it. As he walked closer, she opened her eyes and smiled at him.

“Hey there, Gorgeous.” He whispered.

“Gorgeous, huh? You’re sweet, but I probably look anything but gorgeous.”

“You’re right. You look beautiful.”

She laughed. “ Gee Vaughn, you’re good. You have been in here less than five minutes and you are already charming me.”

“Only because I love you.”

She looked up at the word and smiled slowly. “Is that so?”

“Yeah, Miss Bristow, that’s so.”

“Well that’s good, because I love you too.”

He smiled slightly and bent down to kiss her.

“I thought I’d lost you there for a while, there”

“I know, but Vaughn, you should know by now that no one can get rid of me that easily.”

“Yeah, I know.” He gave a soft sigh. “Um, Syd..” he started.

“Vaughn, what is it?”

“You know, I was planning on doing this in Santa Barbara, but since it obviously, we aren’t going to make it there…” he trailed off and took the ring out of his pocket. “ Will you marry me?”

Her eyes were wide.

“Syd,” he started in response to her look. “ I know that we haven’t been dating that long, but we have known each other for almost two years and…” he kept rambling until she cut him off with a kiss.

“Yes” she said breathlessly as they broke away.

END FLASHBACK

“And we were married 5 months later”

“Wow” was all she could say. “ I wish I could remember that and the wedding.”

“I know, Syd. But we will find out what happened in those two years that made you forget. I promise. In the meantime, when we get back to L.A. I have pictures of our wedding that I can show you.”

“I can’t wait” she said as she leaned over to give him a deep kiss. After they broke away, she asked “What happened to Will?”

“Well he was in intensive care for a few weeks, but recovered just fine. You moved to my place just a few days after I proposed and you got out of the hospital. After he got out of the hospital he too moved out and moved to a new place and the CIA made him a full agent about 6 months later.”

“So he’s ok?”

“Yeah”

“What about my dad?”

“Well he was just as obsessed about finding you as I was. But eventually, he decided to retire from the CIA and settle somewhere in LA. But, to be honest, I haven’t talked to him in awhile. The CIA will have called him to tell him of you’re return.”

She nodded. “What about you?”

“Me?”

“Yeah. You said something about coming back.”

“oh um, I stayed in the CIA if only long enough to find you. I came back to Hong Kong the second Kendall called our house and told me of you're return.”

She smiled. She liked the sound of the phrase of ‘our house’.

“You know Vaughn, I don’t remember what happened the last two years, or our wedding, and this is the first time I remember saying it, but I love you, and—“ She couldn’t continue because Vaughn’s lips were suddenly on hers, kissing her so deeply that it nearly took her breath away.

After they pulled away, he said “ I know Syd, I love you,too”

They leaned in for another kiss, but they were interrupted by a young agent informing them that they had landed in LA.

“ Ok, thank you” Vaughn said, then turning to her “ Are you ready?”

“Yeah lets go”

TBC

I'll post more tomorrow. Now I am off to pm everyone! Reply please!!
;)

Back