Reality TV American Idol 3

Fantasia has to win! My number one choice would be LaToya, but people are stupid...Fantasia is awesome cuz she's different! Sure Diana has a good voice, but it's like an ordinary good voice, she soudns jsut like everyone else. Fantasia sounds different and I love her personality! Diana is too bubbly for me, she gets on my nerves easily. Well..all I can hope now is that by this time next week Fantasia is the new American Idol!

I just stopped caring after kelly won :lol: but i watched a bit of the end last night. I thought all three of them had good voices *shrugs*
--mandy :angelic:

I've kept my promise and I'm not watching. I might watch the finale, just 'cause I won't have anything better to do.

But I think Diana is going to win. Not because I think she's better than Fantasia. But because she's wholesome, she's young, and people seem to love her. I think, while she is obviously a good singer, she has what I like to call a "manufactored voice." Her singing abilities come from years of vocal training, and it shows. She's going to win because she's like a more immature version of Kelly Clarkson. Personally, if I had the choice of giving her a record contract, I'd wait a few years. She doesn't quite put emotion into her songs yet, like Fantasia and La Toya (though people will disagree with me and say that La Toya never had emotion in her voice). The ability to put emotion into your voice while singing comes with maturity.

I dunno though... the way she always say "come on, y'all!" in her songs kind of got on my nerves. It's great that she wanted to engage the audience, but still... she did it a LOT.

Seems like it's pretty evenly divided between Fantasia and Diana supporters. I have a feeling the nation's final vote will probably be similar. (Wasn't the Ruben and Clay vote almost even?) I know Fantasia will get a record contract either way, so the main reason I don't want Diana to win is that she'll be EVERYWHERE after she does, and her giggle drives me crazy.

What is it with America? Whether it's a presidential election or American Idol, we're always divided right down the middle. ^_^

Azalea said:
Seems like it's pretty evenly divided between Fantasia and Diana supporters. I have a feeling the nation's final vote will probably be similar. (Wasn't the Ruben and Clay vote almost even?) I know Fantasia will get a record contract either way, so the main reason I don't want Diana to win is that she'll be EVERYWHERE after she does, and her giggle drives me crazy.

What is it with America? Whether it's a presidential election or American Idol, we're always divided right down the middle. ^_^
Right in the middle ... :P

Ruben won with 50,3% of the votes ... that was 134,000 more than Clay did ...

Either way, Fantasia winning or Diana ... it gonna be a heck of a show ... (y) (y)

Hey, I just realized that last week they didn't tell us who was "safe", in other words, they didn't say who the bottom two were. So we don't know who came in first - Fantasia or Diana. I wonder why they did that? To make the final vote more exciting and harder to predict? To avoid influencing the way people vote? Hmm... :Ponder:

I guess the influence on people ... this way we could get a big difference in vote, or a close call again ...

Kelly won with 58,3%
Ruben with 50,3%

so, who knows why? :blink:

OMG! what a finale! i thought that Fantasias first song was TERRIBLE, she did better on summertime, and that song by tamyra grey was geared more towards her more gospel-type voice. but ughhh i cant stand her voice. its annoying ,cartoonish and nasal!!!

i think diana did amazing on the tamyra song, even though i don't think it was geared toward her voice.... i thought No More Tears (enough is enough) was AMAZING!!! and she did so well on Don't Cry Out Loud, except for 3 reaaaaly off key notes... but i'm voting for her anyway!

<span style='font-size:21pt;line-height:100%'>GO DIANA!</span>

I thought that it was really rude of Simon to basically say (though not in these words) "Fantasia you're going to win, and you're better than Diana by a longshot."

:blink:

OMG....I thought Fantasia's first song was horrible...2nd was good.....the 3rd one...her voice sorta got scratchy...didn't like her.

DIANA WAS AWESOME!!...I looooooved her first song.....the secone one EVEN BETTER...but the 3rd one..she did mess up...but she recovered. And now..I'm voting my butt off for Diana.....GO DIANA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

bluheart13 said:
OMG....I thought Fantasia's first song was horrible...2nd was good.....the 3rd one...her voice sorta got scratchy...didn't like her.

DIANA WAS AWESOME!!...I looooooved her first song.....the secone one EVEN BETTER...but the 3rd one..she did mess up...but she recovered. And now..I'm voting my butt off for Diana.....GO DIANA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:
this seems to be popular opinion...it is mine as well...I was never really that impressed with Fantasia, my vote always went to LaToya...But now, with her unfortunately gone, my vote goes for Diana...

I think the end will be very close like the others have been...Just have to wait and see ^_^

DIANA ROCKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Fantasias first song stucked, the second was bad, and the last was good but Diana rocked the whole night!!!!!
All 3 of her songs gave me chills. She SO deserves to win.
I hate fantasia - when simon said she was the best singer in all the versions of the Idol competitons i flipped out i was like uh NO!!!!

Ugh..I just do not understand the appeal of Diana. She has a powerful voice when she's singing very loud, but she doesn't have a lot of control over it and she's completely unoriginal. The music was off on Fantasia's first song, but her second two were absolutely amazing. The winner song sounds like it was written for her. I was actually a little embarrassed for Diana when Fantasia sang the same song so much better. It was like a different song. People in the audience were so moved they were in tears. She's truly unique and talented. It makes me laugh when people say her voice is "scratchy" - that's called character. Do you think Aretha Franklin and Etta James have scratchy voices too? :rolleyes: At least her voice doesn't sound like it was manufactured by a machine. I voted for her A LOT. Of course, knowing what I know about most of America's perception of quality, she probably still won't win.

Back