Politics Animal rights

just because animals are here to serve humans doesnt mean we can treat them like how Americans treated Africans in the 19th century. we must be stewards of creation, meaning we should only take what we need. do you think that subsistence farmers in the Amazon are bad because they cut down trees and kill animals? of course not, but if you apply the same thing to major paper producing companies that do the same thing, they are bad. so it all depends on the situation.

Humans are animals, an no one's here to serve anybody. Other animals may be our equals, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't eat them.

PETA is pretty crazy. They put up this billboard in Canada, that has a picture of a woman, and a picture of a pig, and it says "Neither of us is meat". People got upset beacause it was saying violence against women and pork chops were the same thing, and it was referring to postitutes that were murdered on the Picton farm in B.C, and the rumors that they may have been fed to/processed with the pigs, which is most likely untrue anyway. But some of the families of the victims were very upset by the billboard.

Guys. Calm down, ignore it, and lets all move on.

What do you think of PETA advocating to get rid of all circus animals?

My question for PETA is... what are we going to do with these trained animals? Release them into the wild? It's the same problem as with zoo animals... these animals were born in captivity and that's all they know. They would not survive a week in their natural habitats.

Yeah I think PETA is kind of insane :lol: What I'm against is people who think we are so far above animals that we can do anything we want to them and it's ok <_<

And yeah, releasing captive animals wouldn't work, they wouldn't be able to survive on their own, or at least the majority wouldn't. Once we've taken them in we have to keep them... or they die.

ok well I dont agree with PETA on anyting! Well except the animal rights thing cus they are a little tight in the fruitloops but they do what they think is best so in a way I kinda respect them I just think they take it too far!

I was watching an episode of CSI the other day and what I seen made me sick because I looked it up online later and it is happening. There are people who get "Big Game" animals such as Rhinos, Lions, and Elephants, then they put them on a caged plot of land and drug the animals, then they let hunters come in to shoot the animal. It made me sick and I just wanted to scream because it was horrible. The animals could not even defend themselves, yet people were killing them. Don't get me wrong, I think hunting for food is a necessity, but killing an animal just to kill it is despicable.

Back