Anti Kate/Jack

Oh, no...let the shipper wars begin. :lol:

I think everyone knows that I'm ferociously pro Kate/Sawyer...but I hate to rule out anything, because it's pretty clear that Jack/Kate is not going to go away. I don't want to hate it, but as it stands now, I agree with the "yawn" part. If we learn more about Jack, and they flesh him out and make him a little more complex and three-dimensional, though, I'm prepared to get behind that ship too.

But I kind of like it that the fans are divided so evenly...it makes things interesting. ^_^ (It's a lot like the Angel/Buffy/Spike debate, where Jack is Angel and Sawyer is Spike.)

Well, I'll argue that Fox (right?) is a better actor than Boreanaz and that Sawyer has a different quality than Spike, although they are both "bad boys" and irreverent. But in broad strokes, I'll grant the comparison. ^_^

As long as either of these relationships don't take over the series, I'm happy to have them both as part of the rich fabric. ;)

verdantheart said:
Well, I'll argue that Fox (right?) is a better actor than Boreanaz and that Sawyer has a different quality than Spike, although they are both "bad boys" and irreverent. But in broad strokes, I'll grant the comparison.  ^_^
Vincent the dog is a better actor than David Boreanaz. :P

I like how Sawyer and Spike share an affinity for hilarious nicknames for their rivals...like "Captain Forehead" for Angel and "Dr. Quinn" for Jack. :lol:

Definitely anti- Kate/Jack. It's just so boring. And plus Jack acts like a total arse sometimes, yet Kate still acts like she's interested. And plus, it is definitely boring, Luckily, Skate (you know, Kate/Sawyer) tension and chemistry has been shown a bit more often, and it is definitely more interesting than Jate (Jack/Kate). Plus Jate doesn't make good fanfic, Skate does.

Azalea said:
I like how Sawyer and Spike share an affinity for hilarious nicknames for their rivals...like "Captain Forehead" for Angel and "Dr. Quinn" for Jack. :lol:
[post="1274539"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
Must be that Buffy connection on the writing teams . . . :lol:

AgentDesertRose said:
and it is definitely more interesting than Jate (Jack/Kate). Plus Jate doesn't make good fanfic, Skate does.
[post="1274939"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
Well, Jate is better than Kack! :lol:

Kack would just be screwed up. The only reason I know all about shipper names is that I am possibly becoming a bigger Lost fan than Alias and I have like 400 posts at a Lost forum.

The one that I have linked in my sig- Lost-forum.com That place rocks my socks. If anyone else goes there, I'm FierceDesea there. Which one do you go to Azy?

felgercarb, I was hoping we posted at the same one. ^_^ Mine is Lost-TV. It's really heavily speculation/theory oriented, which kind of gets annoying after awhile...but they did get an interview with Damon Lindelof yesterday (the other main producer/writer besides J.J.) and he answered one of my questions! I was so excited.

But I think I might register at yours too, because it looks like they have a more active "shipper" section - and being overly obsessive about the show's romances as I am, I like to chat about the "girly" stuff like that a lot. :lol:

My problem is Jack is probably the LEAST interesting character out of them all. I don't dislike him, it's kind of how I feel about Vaughn. They're cool and all, but I'm just really not interested in their characters as individuals.

And with Kack (ha), I just don't see the chemistry. She and Sawyer absolutely light up the screen together and I want to see more of that!!!

Azalea said:
felgercarb, I was hoping we posted at the same one.  ^_^  Mine is Lost-TV.  It's really heavily speculation/theory oriented, which kind of gets annoying after awhile...but they did get an interview with Damon Lindelof yesterday (the other main producer/writer besides J.J.) and he answered one of my questions!  I was so excited.

Damn. Hmm, interesting. I remember looking at the forum long ago and it was just too scattered and what not for me. And then I found Lost-forum.

But I think I might register at yours too, because it looks like they have a more active "shipper" section - and being overly obsessive about the show's romances as I am, I like to chat about the "girly" stuff like that a lot. :lol:
[post="1280414"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

They definitely have a more active shipper section. It's insane. Two of my friends there and me essentially created most of the entire Shannon/Boone forum thing. ^_^ I like to chat about the "girly" stuff too. Romance. I love romance. And angst. Mmm!! Oh, and my Kate/Sawyer smut fic is posted in the fanfic section there.

Anywho, back on topic. Um...Kate/Jack are um...STUPID. :P

Yes...stupid.

Back off-topic again :lol: - I am SO going to register there! :woot: After looking around, I finally figured out where all the shippers are! I thought I was so alone...nothing but geeky fanboys at the other site. Not that I don't love geeky fanboys, but sometimes a girl wants to talk about looooove, right? :love:

Azalea said:
Yes...stupid.

:lol:

Back off-topic again :lol: - I am SO going to register there! :woot:  After looking around, I finally figured out where all the shippers are!  I thought I was so alone...nothing but geeky fanboys at the other site.  Not that I don't love geeky fanboys, but sometimes a girl wants to talk about looooove, right? :love:
[post="1280439"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

:eek:fftopic: Good to know!! SHIPPERS! *giggles* Geeky fanboys are good, but geeky fangirls are better. There's a lot there!! A girl needs to talk about loveeee, very true.

Back