Anti-Lost

Leslie

Super Fantastisch
Hey y'all! I doubt this will get much membership, seeing as it is the Lost forum I'm putting this in, BUT... I figured I might as well...

I'm personally boycotting the show (not to mention I've heard it's very soap-y). Just wondered if anyone else out there either dislikes it or refuses to watch it. ;)

MEMBERS OF ANTI-LOST

#1 Leslie
#2 stuckonalias
#3 aliasundercover
#4 sharon17

If you want a number, holler at me in the thread! :smiley:

Why are you boycotting the show anyway? I'm having trouble understanding.

I really enjoy the show, and I figure the better it does, the better Alias will do because people will associate the shows together. Not to mention they'll be playing on Wednesday night together.

Leslie. :lol:

Actually, as far as Lost being "soapy" goes, I'd have to say that Alias is MUCH soapier than Lost. I have a hard time understanding how any Alias fan wouldn't like Lost, seeing as it has the same tone of mystery and excitement, the same complex, mysterious characters whose inner dynamics are still hidden from us, the same intriguing love triangles, the same high-level acting and writing, and that indefinable J.J. Abrams touch. What exactly is it that you like about Alias, anyway? :blink:

And I thought I was all alone...

I am definitely boycotting this show cuz it's too much like Survivor but in a fantasy-type of way. A show about people stuck on an island isn't very appealing to me.

Well, for one thing Season 1 of Alias was so good in plot and character that I guess that's why I can excuse Alias' more recent tendency toward soapiness. The thing about Lost is that there are just as many characters as a soap has. IOW, it even looks like a soap. ^_^

As for why I'm boycotting, it's because Alias was supposed to be JJ's first love - his one great opus. Now, he has like three shows on the backburner, and one already in the oven alongside the first, which now is starting to burn... I'm pissed, because I thought he cared more about Alias, and he seems to be (1) abandoning it, (2) more interested in cashing in than keeping his opus alive... :hmm: And yes, I'm not naive. I realize writers need to make money, and will often create things for that sole purpose. But I still feel cheated. :P

Yay Kat! ^_^ My sole partner in crime. :lol: (So far.)

askjdlaksedjr :shocked:
sakdeeejrropaaskdddepp,rleedksa;dkewj :shocked:

(haah I spelled DEPP there somewhere :lol: )

BLASPHEMY! (You know the first time I heard that word was in one of your posts Les :lol: )

My friend has said it's like a soap opera b/c of the number of characters but then she added "But it has all the features of a damn action show...with the suspense....the drama :smiley:lol:smiley: and the action!!! "

Yea...she tends to be vague....

But I still adore this show :D Very. VERY. MUCH :D

ETA: hahah
it even looks like a soap.
:lol: In an island? :lol: heheh....I picture the cast of like AOC or Passions in like the middle of nowhere :lol:

Well, I have to admit I'm annoyed at J.J. too. I wish he could have just created the show and maybe had minor input from time to time to keep the ball rolling instead of being really involved like he was with Alias. Because that's why Season 3 sucked so much. But luckily, I think he regrets it and realizes he needs to stay more involved with Alias. From everything I've heard anyway, it seems like this season will be back to the high quality and hopefully we won't even be able to tell that Lost exists from watching Alias.

I went into the first episode hoping not to like it, but I just couldn't help it - I got hooked. I just wish J.J. would be happy with 2 shows and stop while he's ahead! What's he thinking getting involved with a movie and a sitcom? The sitcom in particular just makes me think he's losing it....

The movie is the big screen Superman...I think. The sitcom is in development, and for the life of me I can not think of who he's writing it for! I just saw the name not too long ago...it's a young actress who I like, and I can't think of who it is! That drives me crazy! Hmm...:Ponder:

Leslie said:
As for why I'm boycotting, it's because Alias was supposed to be JJ's first love - his one great opus. Now, he has like three shows on the backburner, and one already in the oven alongside the first, which now is starting to burn... I'm pissed, because I thought he cared more about Alias, and he seems to be (1) abandoning it, (2) more interested in cashing in than keeping his opus alive... :hmm:
[post="1077620"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
I'm not watching Lost either. I will say that it looks like a pretty show with all the beaches and island-ness, but like you said Les, I'm a little bitter about the great suckage of Season 3 Alias and how JJ left it high and dry to get to work on Lost.

I haven't watched Lost yet because of lack of interest. I mean it seems really good from what I hear... but I just haven't taken the time to watch it. haha. but im not AGAINST it or anything. i do want to watch it sometime...

I MISS ALIAS!!!

If you want to boycott a show for being soapy, shouldn't Desperate Housewives be topping your list? :lol:

Anyway, I understand there's a certain amount of jealousy of Lost having JJ's (temporary) attention, but ABC basically asked JJ to work on it, and an interview about it says he even wasn't interested at first. So, they got him a partner Damon Lindelof and together they developed what Lost has become. However, you should know that JJ again and again says in interviews that Lindelof is running "Lost" right now while he focuses on Alias. I appreciate that, but why was Alias supposed to be his first love? Technically, he left Felicity (his actual FIRST tv series) to work on it, and I think people kind of think that Felicity suffered because of it. Lost was a hugely expensive pilot to make and nobody knew whether it would be a hit or not. Pilots are hit and miss.

I watch Lost, and I think that if you watch it, you might be able to find things to dislike about it that are actually are it's fault. Though encouraging people not to watch it, is encouraging people NOT to watch Alias's best rated lead-in ever.

But JJ is developing other comedies and movies and drama series...will you boycott them all as long as Alias is in existence?

I tried watching it, but it's just not my interest. It's not out of spite and jealousy or whatever, but plane-crash storyline stuff always bores me to tears. Always ends up being cliche-riddled.

I even gave it a second chance, but I'd prefer watching season 3 Alias over it. At least that has pretty Vartan. ;)

Jinnie said:
I tried watching it, but it's just not my interest. It's not out of spite and jealousy or whatever, but plane-crash storyline stuff always bores me to tears. Always ends up being cliche-riddled.

I even gave it a second chance, but I'd prefer watching season 3 Alias over it. At least that has pretty Vartan. ;)
[post="1079030"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Totally with you on this one, Jinnie. Oh for the love of Terry O'Quinn did I try to watch this show and like it, but apart from one David Fury penned episode, I was bored. The stranded on an island cliches were contrived and trite, and I keep forgetting to tape it. Go read Lord of the Flies instead of watching because that's where half the ideas came from anyway.

yendys47 said:
BLASPHEMY! (You know the first time I heard that word was in one of your posts Les :lol: )
[post="1077632"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

LOL I actually remember that. And yeah, soaps can take place in the middle of an island... they're constantly doing "disaster" episodes, like hurricanes, blackouts, what-have-you. :o_O:

hotpot said:
I'm not watching Lost either. I will say that it looks like a pretty show with all the beaches and island-ness, but like you said Les, I'm a little bitter about the great suckage of Season 3 Alias and how JJ left it high and dry to get to work on Lost.
[post="1077659"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Yeah, pretty is right. Like, fanart-frenzy pretty. :lol: *sigh*

Aliasscape said:
If you want to boycott a show for being soapy, shouldn't Desperate Housewives be topping your list?  :lol: 

Anyway, I understand there's a certain amount of jealousy of Lost having JJ's (temporary) attention, but ABC basically asked JJ to work on it, and an interview about it says he even wasn't interested at first.  So, they got him a partner Damon Lindelof and together they developed what Lost has become.  However,  you should know that JJ again and again says in interviews that  Lindelof is running "Lost" right now while he focuses on Alias. I appreciate that, but why was Alias supposed to be his first love? Technically, he left Felicity (his actual FIRST tv series) to work on it, and I think people kind of think that Felicity suffered because of it. Lost was a hugely expensive pilot to make and nobody knew whether it would be a hit or not.  Pilots are hit and miss.

I watch Lost, and I think that if you watch it, you might be able to find things to dislike about it that are actually are it's fault.  Though encouraging people not to watch it, is encouraging people NOT to watch Alias's best rated lead-in ever.

But JJ is developing other comedies and movies and drama series...will you boycott them all as long as Alias is in existence?
[post="1079026"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

LOL :D Desperate Housewives is definitely something I'm skipping indefinitely. But I don't need to boycott it, coz it isn't a JJ project that is sucking the lifeblood out of Alias. OK, so that comment is a bit extreme, but I just wanted to say "sucking the lifeblood." :lol:

DH looks disgusting. And yes, even more soap-y than Lost. So yeah. The reason I ain't watchin' that is basically just coz it's a crappy show. :lol:

Alias isn't in its denouement, like Felicity was. Actually, Felicity was going nowhere after S1. Alias had two kick-ass seasons before it started getting iffy, and even then, the fanbase tuned in religiously, and in the end JJ was like, "let's fix this show and make it the way it used to be -- the rockingest show ever!" ^_^ OK so he didn't say those exact words, but you know what I mean...

I just think Lost was an opportunity for JJ to work with more "up and coming"/"little known"/"hott new stars" (i.e. Ian Somerhalder, Matthew whateverhisnameis, etc. etc.). It's like, ok now that Jenn is a household name, let's move on... He did the same with Keri Russell. Obviously, that isn't it. But it seems like it. Lost just looks so "teen show"... reminds me of Dawson's Creek, or Young Americans... it screams WB. Which I find totally formulaic and stupid.

I'm basically just jealous of Lost's new fanbase -- made up mostly of former/current Alias fans wanting their JJ fix. I fear it may ruin Alias. -_-

I watch and love LOST. However, as soon as the ALIAS promo aired, I could care less about the other new shows ABC is airing this fall. Seriously. I love Desperate Housewives also, but I didn't catch the last 15 minutes of it due to being way excited about ALIAS.

I have no fear that Lost will ruin ALIAS. Lost is my temporary fix for the lack of ALIAS. ALIAS is, and always will be, one of the best shows on television.

I've been watching Lost, but it is starting to get repetitive and boring. Seriously...how long can they stay stuck on the island and how many plot lines can you think of for the people stranded on an island?

I've only watched bits of pieces of it, and what can I say-- it's not my cup of tea. How long is this show going to last (i.e-how long will ppl stuck on an island appeal to viewers-- there would be a kick of monotony soon)? It just doesn't seem like it will be a long term show-- which makes me go against it more. I wonder how kick-ass S3 would have been if JJ stayed with it more attentively than dividely(is that even a word :P).

Back