Australian Addicts Unite 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Natalia said:
Well, it's only a week after winter and the temperatures are in the 20s every day.

It's so silly how everybody goes on about it being cold here. Our February AVERAGE for the last few years has been something like 35 degrees.

And it definitely won't be snowing or anything in the spring holidays. :smiley:

Are you coming for Floriade? I haven't been to that since (I think) 1992.
[post="1482859"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

don't know what floriade is....i'm coming down to see rels....and according to mum, that attractions

secret_agent_angel said:
don't know what floriade is....i'm coming down to see rels....and according to mum, that attractions
[post="1482867"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
It's the flower festival thing everybody comes to Canberra for during the spring holidays. Apparently the Blue Mountains or somewhere ahve decided to copy us, and are having their own 'Floriade' this year - even using the same name. :lame:

Bring some tomatoes to throw at the Prime Minister. Mind you, you won't see any politicans unless you feel like sitting through Question Time. :lol:

secret_agent_angel said:
is there stuff to do in canberra???? my friends keep paying me out and saying that it's a hole...... :hide: is that true or r they fool??? :happydance:
[post="1482883"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
Well that's nice. :angry:

I like Canberra better than anywhere else I've been in Australia. I don't really like a lot of places I've been to, but I won't name names because I'm not as unkind. I get so sick of people from other places saying things like that. There are far worse places in Australia - thousands in fact.

We have all the stuff any other city has - in fact more restaurants, cinemas etc per person than anywhere else in the country. On top of that, being the national capital we have all the major galleries, museums, science and technology places, national parks, and all that stuff - moreso than the other capital cities.

Plus, we have the highest average salaries, level of education and IQ of anywhere in Australia. :makefun:

Okay, I'm naming places because everybody seems to think it's fine to insult where I live. :angry:

I don't like Sydney at all. And Melbourne is boring. When I was in Queensland the people were actually quite rude - which really surprised me.

Natalia said:
I don't like Sydney at all. And Melbourne is boring. When I was in Queensland the people were actually quite rude - which really surprised me.
[post="1482888"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
are you from NSW?? cos us QLD'ers always pay out on NSW'ers. and i dont think qld'ers like melbournians either, the cafe latte set vs the fourex :D

anyways i quite like melbourne, even though im from QLD and i dont mind NSW either.....maybe im a rare case......

this is JuJu, I'm just on Laur's account and I can't be bothered changing and she wants her post count to go up anyway :rolleyes:

But I agree with you that Melbourne is boring... but that's only as a tourist. I mean, if I was a tourist, I'd HATE Melbourne... but if you live here, you wouldn't live anywhere else ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back