Bad Grade

:( I am getting a D in Language and if i have a D in any class i lose my laptop intill the next interm which means no alias AT ALL i might have a 73 at the highest which is 3 points from a C What do i do i want to be able to watch alias

work your butt off? Talk to your teacher. Maybe you can do some extra credit. ;) Also, maybe you can ask your parents to get you a tutor, so in return for the extra work that you do with the tutor, you can watch alias ;)
--Mandy :angelic:

What do I do? Curse at myself and suck up to teachers.

Seriously, though... I'm serious.

But Mandy makes good suggestions. There's nothing like studying an extra hour or so. Have a friend tutor you if you can't pay for one.

Have you ever tried studying with the computer off? It takes a lot of will power, but it works! It's hard for me to do though, so I mostly have the computer off if I'm studying for a test... actually it's on right now... (n)

Other things, Mandy's suggestions are great! Paying attention in class helps a lot, I try not to daydream too much. And do your homework! Don't rush through it or else you won't benefit as much. And if your low on time, then learn how to be more efficent! We all get that feeling where you're studying and you see a word which triggers a memory and... So I try to set all of that aside for breaks. And if you do take a break, keep track of time! I always mean to relax for 5 minutes, then a hour passes... Hmm other study skills... ok this is obvious, but a place where you don't get interrupted like the library!

sd6452 said:
Have you ever tried studying with the computer off?  It takes a lot of will power, but it works!  It's hard for me to do though, so I mostly have the computer off if I'm studying for a test... actually it's on right now... (n)

Other things, Mandy's suggestions are great!  Paying attention in class helps a lot, I try not to daydream too much.  And do your homework!  Don't rush through it or else you won't benefit as much.  And if your low on time, then learn how to be more efficent!  We all get that feeling where you're studying and you see a word which triggers a memory and...  So I try to set all of that aside for breaks.  And if you do take a break, keep track of time!  I always mean to relax for 5 minutes, then a hour passes...  Hmm other study skills... ok this is obvious, but a place where you don't get interrupted like the library!
[post="1151349"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
:lol: there's no way I can do my work with my computer off. :lol: I'm addicted, but ya.

One more thing, try and learn not to procrastinate. :lol:
--mandy :angelic:

oooh... okay so my teachers started telling me and my parents that i had an attitude problem and that iwas doing badly in school because of it. basically i had to start taking in my books to lessons, doing homework etc... i actually noticed that it really improved my grades.
Oh, and its really easy to get stuck in a cycle of "i can't do it so i shouldn't even try." it takes some work, and some self belief, but just believing you can do it can help :smiley:
GOOD LUCK!!!

About studying with the computer off... Go to your local library.. I don't think I would have made it through Semester 1, if I didn't go to the library like 3 hrs a night!

all i have to do is have a 74 beacuse thats it what i hade the interm or a 75 which means i improved all the other class i am in i am getting an A or a B mebey one C

there were a lot of good suggestions up there and I'd certainly recemmend some of those myself...especially that computer one!

It all comes down to self motivation tho. Have Alias as your motivator! ;)

if you don't write alias fan fiction
or make art
and you can't help having the computer on, disable the internet or something
it helps, coz my laptop doesn't have the internet and you don't get distracted

and studying more and basically what mandy said should help!
get a smart friend to help you out, then you don't feel completely lost and it actually can make studying enjoyable!

sometimes, i go off an procrastinate if i work w/ my computer on. usually not, but sometimes i sit on my bed instead.

for me, bad grades are a bit higher :smiley:unsure:smiley: than what most people would define as too low, so i try to remind myself that i can always do better next time. then i prove it to myself.

^^ for you guys right now grades are all straight. Like A and B, and Cs are the same regardless. But eventually when you get into college, it's no longer about that. You don't have to be smart. Just have to be smarter than enough of the people in your class :smiley: Like I've gotten a 40% on a CS midterm once, and that got rounded to 100, because the class average was a 20%. Gotta love the curve. The curve is usually your friend.

Xin Li

Oh I love curves. espcially math curves. Curves on math tests are lovely. :love: :lol:
--Mandy :angelic:

i failed a few maths test in a row and my parents got a tad pissed off and i had to get a tutor so i have kinda limited myself from telling them bout my grades unless their good
---------------------
photo-17110.jpg

#68-SYD and VAUGHN 4 EVER
#21-Haters of Channel Seven from The Land Down Under
#45- Australian Alias Freak
Gartan 4 Ever----Syd/Vaughn 4 Ever---Can't Wait For The New Season In Australia
Me n My girls r rockin ur world :group:
Hilary Duff hater 4 life

Back