Caught In A Dream

hey guys! i am soooo glad that i posted this on another site 3 days before the evil server incident so i hve it and it's here!

Hey, everybody! This is my first fanfic. I'm hoping it'll be really good, but you never know. It's post Phase One which is my all-time favorite episode. But when you read this you have to remember that whatever has already really happened since Phase One DID NOT happen. But Francie didn't die but nothing happened between her and Will. Also, I do not own any of these characters, JJ does. I'm not creative enough to come up with these wonderful people. Anyway, read, enjoy, respond, criticize, and tell me whatever you think. Remember that this is my first fanfic so if it’s stupid, forgive me!

Part 1

Sydney POV
----------------

I looked around me and I realized that it was over. The torture I had been through for the past year and a half had come to a halt. Then, I looked at the debris on the ground and felt a huge burden lifted off of me.
I then looked up and saw him standing across that room from me. Our eyes met and I once again felt that uncontrolable urge to run into his arms. He came closer to me and I knew what was going to happen. Then he was right in front of me. I felt his strong arms close around me and his lips touched mine. It was the best minute of my life. I felt his hands running up and down my back and I got chills. It was the most passionate kiss I had ever felt. I knew it was perfect-

"BEEP! BEEP! BEEP!"

I jumped up and I was no longer in the ruins of the building I despised, kissing the man I had always longed for- I was in my bed. And the kiss never happened. And Sloane was still there. Sark was still there. And SD-6 was alive and well. And reality ame crashing downon me.
Groaning at the realization, I reluctantly rolled out of bed and headed over to my closet. I pulled out another dreary, black suit.
After I got ready, I quietly walked through the house to the front door, so as not to wake Francie. I headed out the door and got into my car. I got into my seat and put my keys in the ignition. And for a moment I just sat there and remembered my dream and wished and hoped and prayed that it would someday come true. But no matter how hard I wished it wouldn't happen while I was just sitting there.
So, I pulled out and got on the highway. I saw the Credit Dauphine building come into veiw and menatally prepared myself for another day in Hell.

--------------------------------

I pulled into the parking garage and maneuvered through the tightly compacted rows of black cars, all of which are similar to mine. I searched and searched for an empty space and when I went through rows and rows and found not one empty space, I was saddened because I once again realized that almost every one of these cars belonged to an innocent person working against their own government and not even knowing. All at the hands of a cruel tyrant by the name of Arvin Sloane.
And then for what seemed like the millionth time, the thought of my revenge came back onto my mind. I knew that eventually the day would come when I would be successful in bringing him down. And while he's watching his whole world crash down before his very eyes and he'll look up and see me standing over him, his fate in my hands. And at that moment he'll know it was me and that I had been the one deceiving him the whole time and not the other way around.
And then I would be free; no longer a prisoner of the life I lead. I could get a normal job like normal people. I wouldn't come back from business trips with bruises and bullet wounds. I wouldn't have to lie to my friends about where I was going or where I had been.
But most importantly, I could have the one person I wanted the most --Vaughn. We could be seen together in public. We could talk without worrying about who was around to hear it. And I could tell him that I have been in love with him since the day we met and that I want to spend the rest of my life with him. And hopefully, he would tell me that he felt the same way.
Then, I came out of my hopeful daydream and realized that I was at the entrance to SD-6. I stepped through the door and into the white room where I received a retinal scanning. Then, I stepped through the final door and into my emotional torture chamber.
Although I was dreading stepping into the debriefing room, I was already five minutes late and Sloane had been on my case lately. I quickly walked past the hi-tech comuters and equipment to the glass doors of the debrief room. As I opened the door, I put on my worn-out smile to at least make it appear like I was happy to be there.
My father, Dixon, Marshall, and Sark were already seated around Sloane. No one was speaking yet, so they were obviously waiting for me. I quickly took my seat and got a hard, cold stare from Sloane.
"Miss Bristow, your late," said Sloane in an icey voice, "We have been waiting for you and frankly, I'm losing my patience. You are putting yourself before this agency and this country. Now I know that you would never do this intentionally, would you Miss Bristow?"
"I wouldn't dream of it," I replied in the same cold tone.
"Good, now let's continue," said Sloane, acting as if he had brushed off his anger, but he was still staring at me with his evil eyes, "Now, Mr. Sark, you will accompany Sydney to--"
"Wait! I'm going with Sark? What about Dixon?" I asked, alarmed because I might not be able to complete my countermission under the sharp and watchful eyes of Sark.
"Miss Bristow! You will not interrupt me again!" shouted Sloane, his face turning red with anger.
I quietly mumbled an apology looked down at my hands. What horrible sin have I committed to have to obey the orders of the Devil himself?
"As I was saying, Mr. Sark will accompany Sydney to retrieve a disk of information that historians found and sold to a group invovled in the black market. The men are staying in a luxury hotel in France and the disk is there with them. You will be posing as a husband and wife on a vacation. Mr. Dixon will be in Spain retrieving a copy of the disk from the historians' safe," said Sloane, tossing the information for the mission at us from across the table. "You leave tomorrow night. That is all. You may go."
I couldn't believe it. Not only was I going on an SD-6 without Dixon, but I was going with Sark. And as if that wasn't bad enough, we were going as husband and wife. Just the thought made me cringe.
My dad must have figured out what I was thinking by the disgusted look on my face because he came over to reassure me that everything was going to work out. I still don't see how, though.
I left the building, got in my car, and drove home. On the way, I reviewed the mission in my mind, trying to figure out how I was going to make a copy of the disk without Sark noticing. I didn't think anything good would come out of this, but then a smile spread over my face when I realized that a new mission meant I would have to go to the warehouse for a meeting with Vaughn.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

I drove downtown to the area where the warehouse was located. I cautiously looked into my rearview mirror to make sure that I wasn't being followed. After I was sure that I wasn't in any danger, I slipped into yet another daydream of Vaughn.
I knew that he was my handler and that I was his asset and that that was a business relationship. There was a line that we couldn't cross. And he had a girlfriend. Her name was Alice. I hated to say it, but I despised her almost as much as I despised Sloane. I guess it was because I was simply jealous of her. It's like when I see her, she brings out a bright green in my dark brown eyes. But I always wondered if Vaughn would ever feel the same way about me that he feels about her.
I came around the corner and parked my car. I got out and once again felt butterflies in my stomach. I was going to see Vaughn. I felt like a silly teenager with a crush, but I didn't care. I just hoped that he didn't notice how nervous I was around him.
I stepped through the door and his smell instantly hit me. I felt calm and relaxed for a moment, but then I looked up and saw him and got that jittery feeling again.
He was standing there with a worried look on his face and the same forehead wrinkles he always gets when we meet, only today he seemed somehow different. His big, green eyes were sparkling and he had that half-smile on his face, like he knew a secret that I didn’t. No matter how many times I had seen him in the past year and a half, I could never take my eyes off him. He was my perfect match, I knew that for a fact, but was I his?
Vaughn stepped out of the shadows and I had to silently remind myself to breathe.
“Hey,” he said.
“Hey,” I replied, exchanging our usual greeting.
“Alright, now, your leaving for Paris tomorrow night. You’ll be at a party in the ballroom of the hotel. Sark is supposed to stay in the ballroom and direct you over the earpiece on how to get the disk. When you do get it, you’ll have a brush pass with me on the fourth floor of the hotel down hallway B. I’ll give you the fake and you’ll give that one to Sloane. We’ve already sent a CIA agent to Spain to retrieve the disk that Dixon is going to get tomorrow, so Dixon will bring back a fake just like the one that you will give to Sloane, that way, they’ll both appear to be real,” Vaughn said.
“I can’t do this,” I said, beginning to doubt myself.
“What do you mean? You’re the best agent we have,” he asked.
“Well, I mean Sark is... observant. He’ll know if something is up. He might possibly have some of his own guys there to make sure that nothing happens. He’s dangerous,” I said worriedly.
“I don’t know, I’ll have to ask Kendall if there are any other options. But, Syd, I know that you can do this,” he said reassuringly.
There are so many things that I love about Michael Vaughn. The way he worries about me. The way he tries to make my life easier. But most of all, I love the way he calls me Syd.
“Thank you. Well, I have to leave,” I said but I just stood there, not wanting to go.
After a few seconds, I reluctantly walked out the door and back into the real world. I got in my car and drove towards home, where I could let my heart slow down to my normal speed.
--------------------------------

Alright guys, I finally got around to writing this next part. So read, respond, and enjoy!
-------------------------------------
I reached the door and pulled out my keys. I unlocked and opened the wooden door and prepared to tell another long, drawn-out string of lies. Francie was sitting at the table looking over papers. They looked like bills; probably from her restaurant, which was becoming very successful. She greeted me with a warm smile.
“Hey, how’s it goin?” she asked.
“Fine,” I lied, the news of being married to Sark was still an awful scar on my mind.
“You don’t look fine,” she said, seeing straight through me. “What’s wrong?”
“It’s just, I have to go on another business trip tomorrow night and I’m not really all that excited about going,” I said. That wasn’t really a complete lie though.
“Where to this time?” she asked.
“New York City,” I lied yet again.
“You should just quit that stupid job, you know,” said Francie, once again getting aggravated with me and my work.
“Francie, I’ve told you before, this job is important to me,” I said for what seemed like the hundredth time.
“Well, how about we go have some fun tonight before you leave?” she asked.
“Ok, where do you want to go?” I asked, interested.
“How about the club on 6th Street?” she asked.
“Alright, give me like fifteen minutes to get ready,” I said.
“Ok, I’m gonna go call Will,” she said as she left the room.
I went to my room to get ready. I put on a red halter top and a short black leather skirt. I pulled my hair up and put on my make-up. I looked at myself in the mirror and tried to convince myself not to think about work. Tonight was strictly for fun with my best friends. I was going to have fun and I wasn’t going to think about work. I repeating that to myself.
When I was finished getting ready, I went into the living room to wait for Francie. To my surprise, Will was already in there waiting for us. He stared at me for a long time without saying anything. I got uncomfortable with the gawking so I interrupted it with the word, “Hey”
“Hey,” he replied.
“Why are you looking at me like that?” I asked uncomfortably because he was still staring.
“Nothing, you just look great,” he replied.
“Oh, thanks,” I said.
Yes, I care very much about Will. But I don’t care about him the same way he cares about me. We kissed once, but that was a long time ago. It really didn’t appeal to me, but it did for him I guess because here we are, a year and a half later, and he still looks at me in a way that makes me uncomfortable. He had even once told me that he loved me. That was last year at the safe house. Apparently, though, he still felt the same way. And now that he works for the CIA, I have to put up with his stares everyday.
For a long time I thought it was kind of pathetic the way people became obsessed with someone who didn’t love them back. But then I met Vaughn. I try not to think about him, but I can’t help it. He’s perfect in every way possible. The irony of this whole thing is that Will likes me, I like Vaughn, and Vaughn likes Alice.
“Alright guys, let’s go,” said Francie as she walked into the room and interrupted my thoughts.
We got in the car and drove to the club. Within ten minutes, we were there. We got out and walked to the doors of the large building. Loud music was blaring inside. I grabbed the handle of the glass door, pulled it open, and stepped in.
-------------------------------------------
I know, very sucky, but I promise that it gets better in the next part.

I love it I want her to see vaughn there and like have Francie meet him or something that would be funny. Ok never mind your writing this not me, I'm sorry I do that somethimes.

Kelli

Alias*Kelli said:
I love it I want her to see vaughn there and like have Francie meet him or something that would be funny. Ok never mind your writing this not me, I'm sorry I do that somethimes.

Kelli
That would be awesome! Please post more soon!!

Yay you reposted it! And still wonderful :D

She better just have a fun night with her friends! But somehow i dont think that will happen...

Alright everybody, here's a little more
------------------------------------------------

The club was dark and loud music blared from every direction. People were dancing and having a good time. I wanted to have a good time, and that was exactly what I was going to do. We found a table and ordered some drinks. A Shirley Temple for Francie, a Tequilla for Will, and a Margarita for me.
Next thing I knew, I was being dragged out onto the dance floor by Francie. We danced and I started to have a good time. Soon Will joined us. It was just like the old days in college. I didn't have any worries or fears. I didn't have to constantly lie. I was a normal person with a normal life.
Soon after, a slow song came on and Francie instantly found a young, attractive guy to be her dancing partner. I was once again getting those odd looks from Will so I said that I had to go to the bathroom and headed to the back of the club.
Instantly, I spotted the love of my life at the bar. It was Vaughn. He was alone and I headed over to him and acted like I didn't realize it was him. I sat on a stool next to him and looked in the other direction. I didn't have to look at him, just being near him made my heart race.
"Sydney!" he said, surprised to see me.
"Vaughn!" I exclaimed in the same surprised tone, although mine wasn't genuine.
"What are you doing here?" he asked.
"I'm just here to have fun with my friends. What about you?" I asked, but then I knew because one of my least favorite people showed up behind him. Alice.
"Hi, Rita," said Alice before Vaughn could respond.
"Hi, Alice," I said, attempting to look happy to see her. It was just about as hard as putting on that fake smile for Sloane. There was then an awkward silence and Alice looked at her watch.
"Michael, we have to go. Our reservation for dinner is at 8:00 and it's 7:45," she exclaimed, pulling at Vaughn's arm.
"Yeah, we don't want to be late," he replied.
"It's been nice seeing you, Rita," said Alice, although I got the feeling she was lying.
"Bye," I called to Vaughn.
"Bye," he called back while being dragged out of the club by Alice.
Suddenly I had an overwhelming feeling of depression. Vaughn was dating Alice. Vaughn loved Alice. She was his girlfriend and he was her boyfriend. And I was just his asset. We had a professional relationship. And that was all we would ever have.
I can't remember much from that night after that except that I had margarita after margarita. With every sip, I forgot more and more about the pain, but of course it would still be there tomorrow. By the end of the night I had met back up with Will and Francie.
I guess they felt sorry for me because they tried to comfort me, although I wouldn't tell them what was wrong. Francie went back and danced some more, but Will stayed and drank with me. And that night, under the influence of alcohol, Will had asked me out and I had said yes. And then, as I was later told by Francie, we sealed it with a long and passionate kiss.
-----------------------------------------------------
i didn't like it very much, but then i never like what i write so please tell me what you think!

Back