Caught in the Middle

Title: Caught in the Middle

Disclaimer: I don’t own anything. I’m just a 14-year-old girl with no life who is waiting for Season 5, and writing to pass the time.

Description: Sydney is a cold, ruthless mercenary; she sides with whoever pays her the most or whatever she can benefit from, and she is loyal to no one. She has a shaky past with her family, who she left behind. One day, one of her assignments drags her back to her family, where she is forced to help them. It’s then when she meets her little sister for the first time in twenty years… and Michael Vaughn. Is Sydney willing to change and throw her old life away to start over?

Rating: I’d say about PG or PG-13. There is some violence and swearing, but that’s about it.

A/N: Hey everyone! I just came up with this idea and I thought it would be fun to write. There isn't much S/V stuff at the beginning, but there will be later, I can assure you ;) . Anyway, please read and reply, because I want to know what you all think!

post-19996-1131597826.jpg

CIA HQ, Los Angeles

Nadia Santos walked briskly down the CIA halls, her shoes squeaking on the marble floor with every step she took; she had just finished a report that her father had asked her to do, and she was searching for him.

She had already checked his office, and he wasn’t there. She knew he hadn’t left because his office was still kind of messy, and he always cleaned it and put everything away before he left. Jack Bristow didn’t have a life anyway; he lived for the agency.

As she was heading to the briefing room, she spotted her good friend Michael Vaughn.

“Hey, Vaughn! Have you seen my father? I’m supposed to hand in my report,” Nadia asked, running over to him.

“He’s in the briefing room with Kendall and Dixon. They’re talking about something important, and they don’t want anyone to bother them,” Vaughn explained.

“Well, that’s too bad, because I’m not going to stand around and wait for six hours…” she thought.

“Thanks, Vaughn. I’ll talk to you later,” she said, continuing her journey to the briefing room.

Michael Vaughn was a gorgeous, smart man, but he was rather naive. Then again, so were most people at this agency. She had first met him about three years ago when her boyfriend, Eric Weiss, introduced him to her. Vaughn was Eric’s best friend, and of course, Nadia made friends with him right away.

She reached her final destination: the briefing room.

She opened the door just a crack, hopping that they wouldn’t notice her.

“She’s already terrorized half of Europe! We shouldn’t be trying to collaborate with her!” Kendall said.

“I didn’t say “collaborate with her.” I meant that sooner or later, she will come after us. I think it’s best if we try to get a hold of her. After all, she’ll go wherever she can benefit from,” Jack replied.

“She’s a mercenary! She plays for the highest payer, and she’ll do anything to get what she wants! Even if we did collaborate with her, after she finishes with her “duty,” she’ll go back to being our enemy! She’s too dangerous! She needs to be eliminated!” shouted Kendall.

“Who are they talking about?” Nadia wondered, deciding to eavesdrop a little while longer.

“That’s the problem! Don’t you think we’ve tried that!? We’ve sent in dozens of teams, and she defeated them all single-handedly! We may be vast in numbers compared to her, but her superior intellect has defeated us time after time! She isn’t an easy kill!” Dixon explained.

“As of right now, we need to find her and keep track of her. We can’t afford to let her outsmart us again,” Jack said.

“Easier said than done. The Magic Bullet of Dusk is virtually undetectable,” Dixon replied.

“The Magic Bullet of Dusk? I’ve heard of her! She’s supposed to be almost as smart as Einstein, and her strategies are impossible to foil; she’s an elite solider, a famous assassin, and a ruthless, megalomaniac!” Nadia thought.

Nadia tried to open the door a crack more, but the door squeaked, and all three men directed their attention towards her.

“Nadia, what is it?” Jack asked.

“I, uh, finished the report you gave me,” she said, walking into the room and handing it too him.

“Good work. I’ll see you tomorrow,” he said, accepting the papers and dismissing her.

Nadia left the room, and left the men to their discussion,

“The Magic Bullet of Dusk? Why now? Why did they decided to take action now? Is she becoming more of a threat by each passing day?” she asked herself, as she left the building and got into her car.

“Well, I don’t know what’s going on, but I intend to find out.”

Somewhere in Siberia…

She sat in her arm chair, tapping her fingers incessantly on the coffee table next to her; she hated waiting. She was a very quick-tempered, and wasn’t the most patient person in the world. In fact, waiting nearly drove her insane… more insane than she already was.

“He said two days… it’s been three…” she said, watching her cat eat from it’s food dish.

She had been contacted by Mackenzie Azrael, the leader of the rising CGE. The CGE stood for the Cerulean Globe Enforcers; a group which believed that they were keeping the world “blue and pure” by killing all who oppose them. Of course, they were no better than any other terrorist organization, and she knew that they were after something big, but that was none of her concern.

Azrael, the c***y, little bastard, had told her that he had a “job” that “required her skills,” which of course meant he wanted her to assassinate someone. She didn’t much care for Mackenzie Azrael. In fact, she hated him.

“That man acts as though he’s doing great things and helping the world, but really, he’s doing nothing more than defiling it, and he knows it too. It’s not like I care, though, because it’s none of my concern. As long as he holds up his end of the bargain and gives me what I want, I’ll do anything he asks of me,” she thought.

He had called her and said he had a job for her, and he’d speak to her in two days to give her the details. It had been three days, and still no sign.

“That little punk-ass b***h is probably laughing at me right now,” she uttered, clenching her fists tightly, drawing blood.

Her cat jumped up on her lap, and curled up in a ball, settling down.

She stroked it gently, staining it’s black fur with blood, and it purred loudly.

“Good girl,” she said, continuing to pet it.

Her cat was her only friend; everyone else was dead afraid of her. She had had her for years, and she liked her because she never complained, she never put up a fight, and best of all, she was silent.

Sydney picked up her cat and placed it on the chair she was sitting in. She walked into the kitchen to make herself some coffee when she heard the phone ring.

“That must be him,” she thought, answering it.

“Hello?” she asked, waiting for someone to reply.

“Miss Son, it’s so good to hear your voice again,” he said in his annoying, mocking voice.

“What do you want? Do you have the details?” she asked, sternly.

She was not in the mood for games.

“I do, but I was hoping we could discuss them over dinner tomorrow night,” he said.

She clenched the phone tighter, and she knew that he knew that he was driving her crazy.

“Fine. Whatever. Just make sure you have the money and the plan,” she said, hanging up.

She slammed the phone down and walked away. She didn’t want to go, but if it would get her one step closer to achieving her goals, then she would just have to live through it.

She had no conscience, and she felt no remorse for anyone or anything. She drifted through life going wherever the money was, or wherever she could benefit most. She never cared about what she had to do to obtain her goals, just as long as she could get there.

She opened the cupboard door and dragged a giant bag of cat food out.

“I’m going away for a little while, cat, so you’ll have to take care of yourself,” she said, pouring three bowls of cat food, and three bowls of water.

“That should last her until I get back,” she thought, grabbing her laptop and running out the door.

Nadia Santos’ House, Los Angeles

“So, what are you doing tomorrow?” Weiss asked, snuggling closer to Nadia.

“Well, unlike you, I actually go to work,” she teased.

“Yeah, well, it was a nice day and I didn’t want to spoil it by sitting at a desk,” he replied.

“You’re lucky you haven’t been fire yet…” she mumbled.

“Are you free tomorrow night? This new restaurant just opened, and I’ve been dying to take you there,” he asked.

“I can’t make any promises, but I think I am. All I have to do tomorrow is finish some paperwork… unless my father has a mission for me,” she replied.

Her father had been sending her on many missions lately; more than she could handle.

“I’m sick and tired of flying all across the earth and getting jetlag; if there is something going on, he needs to tell me,” she said.

She couldn’t stop thinking about what her father was talking about. The Magic Bullet of Dusk? Was she really that big of a threat to the CIA? Who was she, anyway?

She couldn’t be sure, but she knew that this had something to do with her, and that the trouble was soon on it’s way.

i love it!
love the whole bad girl image you put on syd.
it could make for a very interesting fic.
update soon.
can i get a pm?
:Please:
<nicole>
:smiley:

<!--QuoteBegin-Alias=Life+Jul 10 2005, 10:26 AM
[b--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Alias=Life @ Jul 10 2005, 10:26 AM
[b)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Disclaimer: I don’t own anything. I’m just a 14-year-old girl with no life who is waiting for Season 5, and writing to pass the time.[/b]
[post="1414118"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
[/quote]

HA, sorry, I just saw that and had to say something!

~Andrea :angelic:

<span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'>A/N: I was going to update sooner, but I was gone all week, so I couldn't :( Anyway, here is chapter two. There isn't much S/V in the first few chapters, but there will be soon, and there will be lots :D Enjoy! </span>

The Azrael Mansion, Moscow

“I was pleased to know that you accepted my offer,” Azrael said, taking a sip of his red wine.

“So, who is my target?” she asked, making sure he knew she was all business.

She didn’t want to start a conversation; all she wanted to do was get the information and get the hell out of that eerie mansion.

“You’ll learn in time. For now, let’s just relax and enjoy out dinner,” he said, smirking.

“God, I hate this man…” she thought.

Mackenzie was at least four years younger then her, and she found it remarkable that someone so young could run his own organization. However, the bastard thought that he knew everything, and he could never be outsmarted. She was much smarter than he was, though, and she would prove it in time.

He had boyishly-short, platinum blond hair, and Persian blue eyes that could penetrate steel. She, however, didn’t allow his eyes to penetrate her. He was always seen wearing fine, expensive suits, and could be described as a prep or a snob. The thing she hated most about him though, was his voice; he spoke so precisely and in a mocking tone, whoever he was talking to would think that they were being insulted. She just wanted to leap across the table and slit his throat.

“I don’t want to enjoy my dinner.; you gave me a job, and in order for me to execute the job well, I need details. Tell me what I need to know, or the deal is off,” she said.

He laughed vigorously at her.

“My, my, are we ever eager?” he teased, continuing to eat his dinner.

Sydney gave him a warning glare, and he stopped what he was doing. He dug into his suit jacket and retrieve a manila folder.

“Everything you need to know is in there. I can provide you with weapons, transportation, an alias, and an extraction team, if you’ll need it,” he explained, sliding the folder across the table.

She grabbed the folder and slipped it into her jacket. Now that she had what she came for, there was no purpose in her being there.

“I’ll contact you once the job is done,” she said, walking away.

“Wait a second! You haven’t even touched your dinner! Won’t you stay and eat with me? You must hungry,” he said.

Sydney laughed out loud; in truth, she didn’t trust that man and she wouldn’t put it past him to put poison in her food and try to kill her.

“If you’re afraid I’m trying to kill you, that’s nonsense. Why would I kill my greatest asset?” he asked.

Sydney laughed again.

“Thanks for the offer, Mackenzie, but I think I’ll pass,” she replied, looking over her shoulder at him.

CIA HQ, Los Angeles

It had been another long day at the agency, and what was supposed to be an easy day filled with paperwork, turned into a hard day filled with paperwork… and secrets to be revealed.

Her father had requested her presence in the briefing room at 7:30pm sharp. He said that he had something to tell her, and it couldn’t wait. She had already called Weiss to cancel their dinner plans…

So, after finishing the last of her never-ending pile of paperwork, she made her way to the briefing room to see what was so important.

“You’re going to Vienna tomorrow night,” he said, handing her a folder.

“What for?” she asked, not even bothering to look inside.

“Mikhail Barakov is a Russian diplomat who is giving a very important speech in front of very important people tomorrow night in Vienna. Rumor has it that a contract was put on his life earlier this week, and if he dies, then everything will go to hell,” Jack explained.

“You want me to go to Vienna and keep watch over Barakov, right?” she asked.

“Yes. We’re guessing that Mackenzie Azrael is the one responsible for the contract, but he never does his own dirty work, so someone else will be there in his place. Your mission is simple; make sure Barakov makes it back to Russia in one piece, and try to identify the assassin,” he explained.

“Who is Mackenzie Azrael?” Nadia asked.

She had heard his name mentioned before, but she never knew who he really was or what he really did. All she knew was that he must have been evil.

“I’m not going to go into detail, but Azrael is the leader of the CGE. He’s never seen in public, and we have no idea where he might be right now,” Jack said.

Nadia flipped through the file, looking at pictures and names.

“Is that it?” she asked him.

“Yes. You can go now,” he replied.

Nadia closed the folder and placed it under her arm. She walked out of the room and headed back towards her desk.

She tried to think about “The Magic Bullet of Dusk,” Barakov, and Azrael. How did it all tie in?

Then, it clicked.

“Of course! How could I have been so stupid! Azrael wants Barakov dead, so he hired “The Magic Bullet of Dusk” to do the job! If this is true, then this is anything but a simple mission, and my father must know that she’s going to be there,” she mumbled.

How did her father tie into this? How did she tie into this? Who is this “Magic Bullet of Dusk,” and would Nadia end up having to confront her?

“I hope not. I don’t know who she is or anything about her, except that her job is to kill, and she does her job well.”

Somewhere in Siberia…

As soon as she walked through the door, her precious feline was already rubbing up against her legs.

“Good girl, cat,” she said, bending down and petting it.

It purred and continued to rub against her.

Ignoring the cat, she walked over to the phone and dialed a number she knew all too well.

“Come on, Sasha, pick up the phone…” she mumbled, tapping her feet.

After three long rings, someone finally picked up the phone.

“Hello? This is Sasha,” Sasha said.

“Sasha, it’s me. I need you to do me a favor,” she replied.

“Sure. What kind of favor?” Sasha asked.

“I need you to use every available resource to find out all you can about Mikhail Barakov. Can you e-mail everything you find?” she asked.

“Uh, sure. I’ll e-mail the information to you when I’m finished,” Sasha answered.

“Okay, thanks,” and she hung up the phone.

Sasha was an old, trusted friend who had many connections and could figure anything out. She hadn’t spoken to her in about six years, since she didn’t need Sasha’s help, but she knew that she would come through.

“There is something that Azrael isn’t telling me. He wouldn’t kill Barakov unless he was a threat, which means he’s worried about something. I wonder what it is…” she said to herself.

She decided that she would go and assassinate Barakov, and by the time she came back, Sasha would have the information that she needed.

“Here comes the Magic Bullet of Dusk!”

Nadia tossed and turned the entire night, unable to sleep. She had never been this nervous before, and she had a very bad feeling. She usually never looked forward to missions. In fact, she had no idea why she worked for the CIA anyway; at first, it was for the excitement. The first three years were awesome, but she had grown weary of the world of espionage, and wanted out.

“This feeling is horrible,” she said to herself, wiping the sweat off her forehead.

She finally got out of her bed and dragged herself to the kitchen. Once she was there, she decided that a hot cup of coffee was just what she needed.

As she was preparing the coffee, she began to think back to a time where she felt this awful sensation.

“If things had been different…” she began, not wanting to bring up the past.

CIA HQ, Los Angeles

The next day, Nadia was on auto-mode; she wasn’t even thinking, just doing her routine.

She checked her watch, and knew that her father wanted to meet with her to discuss the mission a little more before she left. So, she went on her way to find him.

A Hotel in Vienna…

Azrael had really come through for her; a sniper rifle, two handguns, four knives, and two smoke bombs were delivered to her room moments ago, ensuring her victory on this mission.

“I won’t even need a sniper for such a simple task,” she thought.

She already had this planned out, and even had a backup plan; nothing was going to get in the way of her success this evening.

“That womanizer must have some pretty good connections, considering the fact that these weapons haven’t even been released yet. I hope he won’t mind if I “borrow” them for a little while longer,” she said to herself, picking out the gown she was going to wear this evening.

She finally selected a beautiful, radiant, purple dress that hugged her body and showed off her curves perfectly. She would be able to hide her weapons, too. It was formal, and very expensive. That didn’t matter to her though, since Azrael was the one who paid for it.

“I think I’ll “borrow” this dress, too,” she said, staring at herself in a mirror, pleased with what she saw.

Assassinating Barakov would be all too easy; Azrael had told her that the CIA might be there, but the CIA was never a problem before. They were nothing but insignificant bugs that could be crushed in one step.

Besides the CIA, there would be tons of security and bodyguards, but they were even worse than the CIA, so they were no threat.

“And even if they do get in my way… I’ll just kill them all.”

A CIA Safe House in Vienna…

Nadia finished putting the rest of her makeup on, looking into the mirror to make sure she looked half decent.

She had on a bright, red lipstick to match her bright, red c***tail dress. Her hair was down and wavy, and she wore heels that made her look like a giant. Her makeup was light, and she carried it in a bright red handbag… as well as a gun.

“I wonder what she looks like,” she said to herself, making sure everything was in place.

This mission would be very difficult because there would be hundreds of women who could be the potential assassin. Plus, she didn’t even know if the assassin was a women; it could be a man, but very unlikely. It would be tough to search every woman without blowing her cover or being spotted with a gun.

“Okay, I’m ready to go.”

A Banquet Hall in Vienna...

Nadia had just made it through security, and found a seat at a table. It had been hell trying to hide the gun from security, but she had managed it.

“Which means it was an easy job for The Magic Bullet of Dusk…” she thought.

The walls were painted white, and the floors were white marble. Many expensive paintings were hanging on the walls, and the room was decorated with flowers, especially the stage.

So far, everything looked fine; people were being seated and talking with one another, and there wasn’t a sign of an assassin anywhere.

“She can probably blend in really well…”

Barakov wasn’t to give his speech for another hour, followed by dinner. Nadia wasn’t sure if the assassin was going to make her move during the speech or dinner, so she would have to be on her toes, and prepared for anything to happen at any time.

She looked around the room for anyone or anything that looked suspicious, but found nothing. She decided it would be best to walk around the room and meet all of her potential assassins.

Meanwhile…

“I still have another hour before I make my move,” she thought, sipping her champagne.

She had entered through the back, and getting past the guards was simple. Now that she was in the main room, it was very unlikely that she would be spotted by another guard and questioned for ID.

She plastered on a smile, and was able to charm person after person. She blended in perfectly with the rich, important, snobby people.

She had learned patience over the years, and that helped her from jumping across the room and slitting a few people’s throats.

Looking overhead, she noticed a balcony which was clear. Chances were it would be filled with people when Barakov’s speech started.

“Good… I won’t be spotted,” she mumbled, taking note of her surroundings.

Even if she was spotted, it didn’t matter, because the witness would be dead in a flash.

She continued to socialize with the other people, and wait for her time to come.

“Excuse me, can I have everyone’s attention?” asked a woman on stage speaking into a microphone.

All the chatter and movement stopped, and all eyes were directed at her.

“Mr. Barakov will be giving his speech in fifteen minutes, so will everyone please have a seat and be ready,” she said, leaving the stage.

Nadia had inspected a bunch of people, and found no trace of a weapon on them.

“This is it, she’s going to make her move,” Nadia thought nervously, taking a seat and eyeing everyone, trying not to look conspicuous.

She looked up and saw that the balcony was beginning to fill with people.

“She could be up there…” Nadia thought, keeping a closer eye on the people in the balcony.

When fifteen minutes passed, Mikhail Barakov entered onto the stage and approached the microphone.

“Ladies and gentlemen, I thank you for coming here on this fine evening,” he said with a thick, Russian accent.

“I come to discuss some serious problems, and my solution to these problems. Please listen closely,” he began.

She was able to push her way through the crowd and get a spot at the front of the balcony.

Barakov had just started his speech, and she assumed that Azrael would want him dead before he disclosed anything.

She slowly reached into her purse and pulled out a gun. With everyone’s attention on Barakov, she nobody would notice her until it was too late.

Nadia looked up, and noticed a woman with a gun at the front of the balcony.

“That’s her!” Nadia thought, standing up from her chair.

She couldn’t see the woman’s face, for she was too high, but she could tell the woman had a gun.

Nadia quickly retrieved her gun and fired at the woman, but missed. The people on the balcony began to scream and run, and the people on the main floor did the same.

She saw the security running towards her with guns, and decided to make her way to the stage.

Barakov was as white as snow, and it looked as though he had just seen a ghost.

Nadia finally approached him, and the man was terrified.

“I’m CIA, and I’m here to help you! That woman on the balcony is trying to kill you!” Nadia shouted, grabbing his arm and pointing at the woman.

“What!? Are you sure!? How can I trust you!?” he asked.

Nadia pushed him out of the way as a bullet whizzed by his head, and they both fell to the ground.

“Damn her!” she thought as her bullet just missed Barakov.

The woman had now helped Barakov under a table and out of sight. The CIA woman was firing at her, but her aim was totally off.

She looked around the room, and saw a way to end all of this; she aimed her gun at the giant chandelier and fired three bullets, causing the chain that was holding the chandelier to break, and the colossal thing plunged to the ground.

“Eat that!” she shouted, grabbing onto the broken chain hanging from the ceiling.

The people who were still in the room gasped as the chandelier hit the ground, crushing all who were under it.

She looked up and pulled the chain harder with all of her weight, and the chain began lower closer to the ground.

As soon as she was close enough, she jumped, and landed next to the broken chandelier.

She could see blood leaking from underneath it, but she could also see something moving.

“Huh? What is it?” she asked herself.

“Barakov, move!” Nadia shouted, as she leaped out of the way of the tumbling chandelier.

Barakov was too slow, and he looked up in horror as the chandelier crashed and landed on top him.

“No!” she shouted.

Barakov was crushed, and the mission was a failure.

She fell back to catch her breath and try to process things; the chandelier had landed right next to her and on top of Barakov! No way!

She saw the assassin dangling from the chandelier’s chain, as in descended to the ground.

“I’ll get this b***h!” Nadia thought.

As soon as the woman landed on the ground and approached her, Nadia rolled over and jumped up onto her feet, turning around and firing many bullets as she ran backwards.

“Eat that!” she shouted, as she jumped back up onto the stage.

She kept on firing, but her gun was out of bullets, and she didn’t bring another gun or any extra bullets.

She looked to see that the woman was still alive, and was now running straight towards her with a knife in her hand.

As she came closer, she rose her hand and shouted “Die, you b***h!”

Nadia’s mind went blank; the Magic Bullet of Dusk was running straight at her with a knife, and she didn’t have a damn thing to defend herself. This was the end.

She fell to her knees and looked in terror as the woman jumped up onto the stage, and was now ten feet in front of her.

With each step the woman took, she came closer, and Nadia’s heart would beat harder and faster, until the woman’s face came into view, and then her heart stopped.

“Sydney?”

“Die, you b***h!” she shouted, as she ran to the stage.

She jumped onto the stage, and the woman fell to her knees out of fear.

Sydney was prepared to make the final blow, when the woman’s eyes shone with unshed tears, and her body began to tremble.

“Sydney?” the woman asked in an innocent, childish voice.

Sydney stopped dead, and it took her a second to figure out who it was.

“Nadia!?” she thought.

Her jaw dropped and she felt her stomach begin to twist and turn; she was standing there, knife in mid-air, with her little sister, who she hadn’t seen in twenty years, kneeling before her.

AHHHHH this is so awesome. I wonder how Syd is going to react :thinking: A chandelier falling on to people, now what does that remind u of :P ? Update soon!

~Andrea :angelic:

<span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'>A/N: Okay, here is chapter three! Chapter four will be up either tonight or tomorrow, so stay tuned! :D :P ;) Enjoy! </span>

“Sydney?”

Nadia’s heart began to feel like it was in a vice grip, and it was becoming hard to breathe.

“There is no way… Sydney died twenty years ago!” she thought.

“But still… she looks just like her…”

Sydney had stopped and was now looking at Nadia with the same expression; complete and utter confusion.

“Sydney?” Nadia asked again, hoping to get a reply.

Sydney had lowered her knife and backed away, her eyes still wide and her jaw still dropped.

“Wait! Don’t go!” Nadia shouted, reaching out to her sister her was out of her reach.

Sydney pulled it together and was able to draw a smoke bomb, covering her face and throwing it in front of her.

Nadia was left on the ground coughing and gasping, and by the time the smoke cleared, Sydney was long gone.

“No way! Nadia!?” Sydney thought, still looking at her sister.

Nadia was the last person Sydney expected to see again. Nadia was the last person Sydney ever wanted to see again. After what had taken place twenty years ago, Sydney wanted Nadia to pay.

“What am I doing!? She ruined everything! I should be killing her!” Sydney thought, trying to compose herself.

Still, she found herself unable to deliver the finishing blow, and had one other option.

“The authorities will be here soon…” she thought, retrieving a smoke bomb.

She covered her face and threw it in front of her, and then made a mad dash for the backdoor.

“Father, that manipulating son of a b***h… he dragged my sister into this too. I guess it was to be expected of him, though,” she said to herself as she sprinted full-throttle to the door.

She looked back, and saw no one following her.

“Another day…”

A CIA Safe House in Vienna…

“Was it her? It had to be her! But how? It doesn’t make any sense!” Nadia thought, as she collapsed onto her giant, king-size bed.

Her older sister, Sydney Bristow, had died twenty years ago. Nadia was only four at the time, and Sydney was ten.

Nadia watched television as her older sister and father were talking in the kitchen. She couldn’t hear what they were saying, but she could hear yelling, and it sounded like they were angry with one another.

Sydney stormed out of the kitchen, and she was fuming.

“What’s wrong?” Nadia asked.

“Mind your own business, you little whelp!” Sydney replied, storming up the stairs and into her room, slamming the door behind her.

Sydney was an extremely smart child; she was only ten, but she was already taking classes at the UCLA. She was very mature and acted like she was twice her age, although she did have her tantrums every now and then.

“Dada, why is Sydney mad?” Nadia asked, walking into the kitchen to see her father sitting at the table, reading the newspaper.

“It’s complicated. Let’s just say that Sydney wants a new toy and daddy won’t give it to her,” Jack replied.

“Why won’t you give it to her?” Nadia asked.

“Because it’s a dangerous toy, and she’s a dangerous person,” he replied.

“Why is she dangerous?” Nadia asked.

“Because she’s… learning,” Jack replied.

“Why is learning dangerous?” Nadia asked.

“Nadia, please, no more questions.”

“Sydney was never very nice to me,” Nadia thought.

“In fact, she treated me like garbage! She treated everyone like garbage!”

Nadia used to think that Sydney was the coolest person in the entire world, and looked up to her in every way. Now she realized that it was all a joke.

“I don’t know why I ever idolized her! She always hit me, yelled at me, cheated me, stole from me, tormented me, and a lot of other things! I can see why my father said she was dangerous… she was a lunatic! She is a lunatic!” Nadia ranted.

“Still, when she died, it hurt all the same…”

Two days after that incident, Sydney ran away from home. Jack Bristow never worried because Sydney was a smart girl and she knew how to take care of herself. He knew that she’d be back soon.

A day went by, and Nadia began to worry; it wasn’t like Sydney to leave for more than a couple hours. Jack Bristow remained calm and cool, never worrying.

When day two passed, Nadia was a wreck; she was convinced her sister would never come back. Jack Bristow showed no concern what so ever.

On the third day, Nadia finally convinced Jack to search for Sydney, and he did, but he never found her.

On day four, Jack Bristow called the police. He still didn’t look too worried, but he knew something was wrong.

Three days later, on day seven, they found Sydney… or her body; she had been shot three times and was laying in a ditch next to the side of the road about four hours away from where they lived.

One week later, there was the funeral; people from all over came to pay there respects, but when Jack Bristow walked up to her coffin, he just said “It’s for the best,” and sat back down, looking calm, and he resumed with his everyday life like nothing happened.

“I don’t understand; sure, she was dangerous, and sure, her death meant she would never harm again, but why would he say something like that? Didn’t he love his own daughter?” Nadia thought.

That was just one more question to ask him when she got home.

“And how is she alive? She was shot three times and buried six feet under! How did she survive?”

Somewhere in Siberia…

Sydney had return straight back home instead of going to Azrael’s mansion; she decided to try to process things before she went to see him.

“It seems that fate brought us together again,” she said to herself, sitting down in her armchair.

She reached over to the coffee table and retrieved her laptop. She opened it and checked her e-mails.

“Sasha hasn’t sent me the info… that’s not like her.”

Sasha was always quick and reliable; if the information wasn’t sent, something went wrong.

“I should go and check on her as soon as I’m finished with Azrael,” she said, closing her laptop.

Something definitely wasn’t right, and she could smell disaster in the air.

“I should have killed Nadia years ago, along with that brainless father of mine. They can only bring bad news,” she thought.

“I wonder if Nadia even knows. Did father give her our mother’s pendant? If so, then I must kill her quickly before she uses it.”

CIA HQ, Los Angeles

“Dad, it was Sydney. She’s the Magic Bullet of Dusk, and she killed Barakov,” Nadia explained.

A pained expression crossed Jack’s face, and he took a seat.

“I know,” he replied.

This caught Nadia by surprise.

“You know!?” she asked.

“Barakov was as good as dead from the moment Sydney claimed him as her victim. Not even you can stop her. I just needed her to rise from the underground,” he answered.

“You used Barakov as bait!? You used me!? How could you!?” Nadia asked, now furious.

“Nadia, you need to understand that I was doing this to protect you,” Jack replied.

“Protect me!? You could have killed me! You knew Sydney was alive! How!?” she asked.

Jack sighed. He knew he would have to explain himself sooner or later, and now looked like a good time.

“It happened about twelve years ago at our very house…”

Jack rubbed his eyes and forced himself to stay awake. Nadia was at summer camp, and the house was very quiet.

He glanced at the clock which read 2:42am.

He headed towards the study, where he left all things work-related. When he opened the door, he placed his briefcase in the corner of the room on the floor, and turned around to leave.

“You’re losing your touch, father,” a voice was heard from Jack’s chair.

Jack turned around to see Sydney in his chair, hidden by the shadows. He didn’t even notice her!

“I would think that an expert spy such as yourself would be able to detect an intruder.”

“Sydney… how? You’re dead!” Jack said, staring at her with wide eyes.

“Well then, if I’m dead, that must make me a ghost,” she replied.

Sydney had grown much since he last saw her; she was no longer a small, simple child, but a fully grown, fully developed, beautiful woman with the figure of an angel.

“I didn’t come here to haunt you. I’m aware of my mother’s pendant, and the secrets it unlocks. Give me the pendant, father, and I’ll leave peacefully,” she spoke.

Jack was afraid of this; he feared that she would one day find out about the pendant, and come seeking it. When she died, that eliminated that problem.

“How did you survive?” he asked.

“That’s not important. What is important is that you hand over my birthright; that pendant was meant for me,” she answered.

“Your heart is tainted with evil, so someone like you would have no use for it,” he said, determined to keep the pendant.

“I’ll give you one last chance; hand over the pendant, or the next time we meet, it won’t be so pleasant,” she replied, losing patience.

Jack was silent.

“What would your mother say if she saw you like this? Willing to kill your own father for a pendant which you can’t even use?”

“I don’t care what mother would say. Mother is dead, so her opinion doesn’t matter. Now, hand over the pendant!”

“You will never touch the pendant unless you straighten up and learn some compassion,” he replied.

“Well then, father, I declare war upon you and that wretched sister of mine,” she said.

“Nadia has nothing to do with it. Leave her alone.”

“Oh, but she does have something to do with it. Actually, this whole thing is about her, isn’t it? Well, I’ll get her soon enough, and you too, along with mother’s pendant!” she shouted, her temper now boiling.

“Over my dead body!” Jack replied.

Sydney began to chuckle.

“I couldn’t have said it any better myself.”

“So, that’s what happened? She wanted mom’s pendant?” Nadia asked.

“I didn’t want to tell you because I knew you’d take action, which meant in her killing you,” Jack explained.

“Why does she want mom’s pendant so badly? What does it do?” she asked.

“In her hands, it means a catastrophe,” he replied.

Nadia knew he was hiding the truth, but didn’t bother to fight with him, because it would get her nowhere.

“I don’t know if she’s still after it; if she is, then we’re in trouble, and if she’s not, we’re still in trouble. Either way, it’s too dangerous to let her walk around freely,” he said.

“I agree. Do you want me to… kill her?” Nadia asked.

“That might not be necessary. She could be of more use to us if she is in our custody,” Jack replied.

Nadia didn’t like the idea of dealing with her older, psychotic, sister, but if she could help the CIA, then she’d have to deal with it.

“So, how do we find her?”

Azrael’s Mansion, Moscow

“When I turned on the TV I was pleased with what I saw; everyone is talking about the Vienna incident, and every authority is searching for you. Well done,” Azrael said, handing her the briefcase of money.

“Yeah, yeah, I don’t care. They’ll never find me,” she replied, yanking the briefcase away from him.

“Well, it was a pleasure doing business with you. I may be calling on your talents again in the near future,” he said, winking at her.

“God, I hate this man…” she thought.

Two guards escorted her out of the mansion, and she headed to St. Petersburg to see what was wrong with Sasha.

“Wow, that really sucks,” Vaughn said, taking another drink of his beer.

“Yeah. It’s a pity that she’s going up against us. I think she could have made a hell of a CIA agent,” Nadia replied, doing the same.

“Well, it’s not too late. Maybe there is still a chance to turn her,” Vaughn said, trying to cheer her up.

“I doubt it. She despises me and my father, so I doubt that she’ll ever want to work with us. She rather be dead,” Nadia said.

“Nadia, you should try talking to her. You never know; maybe she’ll listen.”

“First of all, she’s impossible to find; secondly, she’d probably kill me before I could get a word out; and last, even if she didn’t kill me, she wouldn’t listen. She never did…”

Vaughn had never seen Nadia like this; the whole business with her evil, older sister had her worried, and had him worried too.

“I’ll help you stop her. Just say the word, and I’m there,” Vaughn said, wanting to help his friend in need.

“Thanks, Vaughn, but I doubt there is much you can do,” She replied.

“Well, why does she want this pendant so much anyway?” Vaughn asked.

“I’m not sure. My father just said it would be dangerous for her to get her hands on it. We talked earlier today, and he said he’s going to retrieve it and give it to me,” Nadia explained.

“Why is he going to give it to you!? Won’t she come after you!?” Vaughn asked.

“Yes, but I’m going to have a team watching me, so when she does come after me, we can capture her,” Nadia answered.

“I see. Do you think it will work?” he asked.

“For my sake, and for my father’s sake, I hope so.”

great update!

i still won't say you make her insane, because we don't exactly now what's going on, but can't wait to find out waht happends when they wanna catch her.

Back