Change Your Mind

awwwwwwww.....when is she going to realize she wants to get married?????? when she's in labor????? probably! Oh but that was so cute! Can't wait for more!

Sydney's mother did get to meet Michael more fomally, finally.

Pinecone Birdfeeders were the easiest station he could have Sydney work.

The last day of school is always bitter-sweet. You are a little sad, but you are really in need of a vacation from the kids by then.

When will Sydney realize she wants to marry Michael.

It's obvious how much Vaughn loves his job and the kids ^_^ , I really hope that after seeing that Sydney will start changing her mind, because he is perfect, he will make not only a good father but also a good husband if only she gives him to chance to propose again :P

Chapter 24

The week following Sydney’s first day in the kindergarten classroom, she was sitting on her couch watching some late night TV, debating whether or not to go to bed. Once the eleven o’clock news was over, she decided it was time to start getting ready to go to sleep, especially since she could hardly keep her eyes open by that point. She groaned slightly as she sat up; the strange concoction she’d eaten for dinner was really beginning to fight back by way of her digestive tract.

As she was changing into her pajamas after brushing her teeth, she noticed something horribly wrong. Immediately, she reached for her phone and dialed Michael’s number. He answered in a very groggy voice, indicating that he’d been sleeping and her phone call woke him up. “Michael,” Sydney exhaled, her hands beginning to shake.

“Syd, what is it?” Michael mumbled.

“Michael, I’m bleeding,” she said frantically.

“Bleeding? What’d you cut yourself?”

“No, Michael, I’m bleeding,” she said with a slight whimper on the last syllable.

“What?! O-okay, I’ll be right there,” he said. Then, the phone went dead. Sydney tossed it only her bed as she began pacing her apartment, not sure what to do. Two minutes later, Michael came barreling into her apartment, panting and looking wide awake. “What is it? What happened?” he demanded.

“I don’t know! I don’t know!” Sydney whimpered. “I was just watching TV and I went to change into my PJ’s and there was so much blood, Michael,” she cried as she pressed her head into his chest.

“It’s going to be okay,” he said, hugging her tightly. “Come on, we’re going to the hospital.” Sydney grabbed her purse and shoes and followed Michael out the door. He kept his arm around her waist as they walked to his car since she was trembling. They’d barely made it out of the parking lot before Sydney whimpered, sounding like she was in pain as she grabbed onto the door handle.

“What is it?!” Michael asked.

“It really hurts,” she cried as she rubbed her belly with one of her hands.

Michael reached over and rubbed her arm saying, “It’s going to be okay,” though he believed it less and less by the second.

By the time they arrived at the hospital, Sydney was full out crying and Michael’s heart was banging against his rib cage. He helped her out of the car and hurried her inside before rushing up to the admit desk and shouting, “Please help! My girlfriend, she’s pregnant, but she’s bleeding and in pain!”

“Fill out these forms,” the nurse said in a calm voice as she handed Michael a clipboard.

“Aren’t you going to help her?!” he demanded frantically.

“Yes, sir, we are, but you need to fill out these forms,” the nurse told him. Muttering under his breath, Michael snatched the clipboard and tried to fill it out for Sydney as best he could. Once he was done, a nurse wheeled Sydney back to one of the curtain areas. Michael followed and held her hand tightly, only letting go when she began changing into the hospital gown they gave her.

“Michael, I’m really scared,” she whimpered to him.

“I know, baby, I know, but I’m right here,” he told her, grabbing onto her hand and kissing it.

Only a few minutes passed before a doctor walked into their curtain area with an ultrasound machine in tow. “When did the bleeding start?” he asked Sydney in a very factual way.

“I don’t know… but it was sometime after nine,” she told him.

“Have you been in any pain or discomfort?”

“Yeah… I had a stomachache after dinner but I thought that was just because of what I ate… and then when we were driving over here I felt a sharp pain, like menstrual cramps but worse,” she explained to the doctor while gripping Michael’s hand tightly.

After spreading the clear jelly onto Sydney’s stomach, the doctor began using the ultrasound machine. He stared at the screen for almost five minutes while moving the ultrasound probe around on Sydney’s belly. Finally, with a grim expression he announced, “I’m sorry. There’s no sign of the baby or a heartbeat. You’ve had a miscarriage.”

Michael’s heart sank to the pit of his stomach and he squeezed his eyes shut tightly, leaning his forehead against Sydney’s as she wailed, “What? No!”

“I’m very sorry, Ms. Bristow. Could you please tell me how far along you were?” the doctor asked.

Sydney simply stared at the doctor, her mouth hanging open slightly. She was too stunned to answer so Michael said hoarsely, “About eighteen weeks.”

“Thank you,” the doctor said. “I’ll be back in a few minutes to continue. In the mean time, you should just try and relax.”

“Michael,” Sydney whimpered once the doctor walked away.

“I know, Syd, I know,” Michael said. He sat down on the edge of the bed beside her and put his arms around her, pulling her body close to his.

“Our baby,” she choked into his shoulder. “Our baby…”

“I know,” Michael said, his voice crackling as tears began to spring to his eyes. Suddenly, in an instant, for the two of them it was all over. All the parenting books they’d read, all the time they spent discussing what they were going to do with the baby, it was all a waste. There wasn’t going to be a baby; not anymore. They wouldn’t be parents together. No longer would Michael be able to secretly hope that having a baby together would change Sydney’s mind about marriage. They were nothing. That was the worst part for him. In one moment, not only had he lost their child, but the fear that he’d lost Sydney as well. The baby was the last thing tying them together; it was the only thing keeping them together. Now that it was gone, so were they.

what the hell janet
what the hell
seriously!
my god
i hate that
absoloutly HATE that
you killed their baby
i hope it was some evil dream or SOMETHING!@!!
please janet i beg fix this

WWWWWOOOOOOAAAAAHHHHHHHH WOAH! WOOOAAAAHHHHH! This is so not cool.........I was def NOT expecting this!!! Ok wow....well um hmmmmm I have no thoughts right now.......can't wait for more! You better make this a happy ending dang it! jk jk....no but seriously!

oh my God.. i can't believe that happened... :( i don't want them to be over... i really do hope this event would bring them much closer together... awww now i'm really sad... it's one of those days... :(

OMG NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO but but but but WHY!!!!!!!!!! How could you do this now i have to go to bed and I'm gonna be thinking about this all night!!

please fix it cos this is just heart breaking!!

“Michael,” Sydney whimpered once the doctor walked away.

“I know, Syd, I know,” Michael said. He sat down on the edge of the bed beside her and put his arms around her, pulling her body close to his.

“Our baby,” she choked into his shoulder. “Our baby…”

:cry:

“I know,” Michael said, his voice crackling as tears began to spring to his eyes.

Suddenly, in an instant, for the two of them it was all over.

All the parenting books they’d read, all the time they spent discussing what they were going to do with the baby, it was all a waste.

There wasn’t going to be a baby; not anymore.

They wouldn’t be parents together.

No longer would Michael be able to secretly hope that having a baby together would change Sydney’s mind about marriage.

They were nothing.

That was the worst part for him. In one moment, not only had he lost their child, but the fear that he’d lost Sydney as well.

The baby was the last thing tying them together; it was the only thing keeping them together.

Now that it was gone, so were they.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

:Ph34r:

I'm gonna hunt you if you do that... even if that means I have to move my OVERLY busy a** to PA! I don't care :P I'm coming :lol:

FIX THIS FIX THIS FIX THIS FIX THIS FIX THIS

And if you ever do dare tell me that there's on chapter left: you still FIX IT!!!!!!!!! I don't care how... just FIX IT :angelic:

Have I made that clear??????????? :P

Back