Change Your Mind

oh my god he is the sweetest thing ever
i cant think of one girl who wouldnt drop everything (including thir beliefs on marriage) to marry this guy
he is the best

Sorry I haven't been replying much this week, I've been stressed and busy. Next week will be the same.

A diaper-clad man/cupid singing badly for Valentines -- um, ewwwww.

The rest of the Valentine surprise was very sweet.
Ending with Vaughn in the bubble bath with her - priceless.

Chapter 15

As February faded into March, Michael and Sydney celebrated their six-month anniversary. Along with this came Michael’s reevaluation of their relationship. With every relationship he had ever been in, past high school age that was, he found the six-month milestone a good point for reevaluation. This became his rule even more so as he grew older.

As long as he and whatever woman he was with reached the six month mark and he hadn’t had ‘Well, maybe I should break up with her’ thoughts, he considered them to be in a fairly serious relationship. At the six-month mark, Michael reevaluated the relationship to determine whether or not their relationship should continue on or should be terminated. At thirty-three he was running out of chances to have year long or perhaps longer relationships that did not end in marriage. He wasn’t in that early twenties stage of life where he could date casually without considering any serious commitments in the future; he was far from that, in fact.

With Sydney, he was very torn during the reevaluation stage of their relationship. In every part of their relationship but one, Michael thought they were a perfect match and he would have greatly liked to continue their relationship. In his mind, Sydney had a very strong possibility to be the person he spent the rest of his life with. The one tiny part that plagued him, though, was that five months earlier Sydney had explained to him that she had no interest in getting married or having children. To Michael, marriage and children were something he needed to have in his life. He felt incomplete without having them, which was why he needed to bring up the subject again with Sydney. It needed to be dealt with delicately though.

One evening while they were sitting watching TV, Michael decided to bring it up. “So, I was thinking,” he began, “about us.”

“Us?” she questioned.

“Well yeah, us. We’ve been together for over six months now and that’s… kinda serious,” he told her.

“I guess…,” she said slowly, confused as to what exactly he was getting at.

“Well, you know I was thinking about, you know, when we’d maybe talk about getting engaged or something. I mean, I don’t think we’re quite there yet, but…”

“Michael,” Sydney said, sitting up and away from his arm that was draped around her shoulders. “We can’t talk about getting engaged because we’re not going to be getting engaged.”

“And… why not?” he asked.

“Because I told you I’m not getting married and engagement is the beginning step to marriage therefore there will be no engagement,” she explained. Then at the expression on his face she added, “Don’t seem so shocked, Michael. I was very clear about this one month into our relationship.”

“Well, I know that, but… well, I was hoping you’d change your mind,” he said quietly.

“Well, I’m not going to,” she told him firmly.

“And why is it exactly that you’re so dead-set against marriage?” he asked, raising his voice slightly.

“Because my parents are divorced and I don’t want to become just another statistic just like them! Why do you want to get married so badly?”

“Because it’s what you do. You date, you get married, you have kids,” Michael told her. “I don’t see it any other way. I want kids; I want someone to share my life with. I don’t understand how you can’t want that. I mean… I guess I can see not wanting children; it’s not for everyone, but how can you not want someone to share your life with? What are you going to do? Just date casually until you’re eighty? Maybe get a cat or something…”

“I don’t know Michael, I don’t know what I’m going to do,” she told him, standing up from the couch. “I have to go… I’ll… I’ll see you when I get back from my conference,” she told him. Then she grabbed her coat and left, slamming the apartment door behind her.

Once she was gone, Michael rubbed his hands through his hair and groaned, not exactly sure what he was going to do.

~*~

“Hey Eric, can I talk to you about something?” Michael asked his friend. Three days had passed since his fight with Sydney and he still had no more clarity on the situation than he did before, so he needed some third-party advice. While Eric wasn’t exactly the most impartial third-party, he was at least somebody.

“Hm?” Eric grunted as he tried to pump more air into the wheel on Penny’s tricycle.

“Well… see Syd and I had this fight because she doesn’t want to get married and I do and now… now I dunno what to do,” he sighed.

“Well,” Eric said, putting the air pump down, “I hate to say I told you so... but I did warn you of this - multiple times, as I can recall.”

“I know, but…,” Michael sighed again. “I don’t want to break up with her. I was… I am falling in love with her but…but I need to get married.”

“And you can’t marry Syd. I know she’s really stubborn about that,” Eric told him.

“So… so I guess this means I have to break up with her, right?” Michael asked sadly.

Eric gave him a sympathetic look and pat on the back. “Sorry man.”

“Yeah thanks,” Michael sighed. “Man, this is going to be so hard. It’s hard enough for me to break up with people that I don’t actually like and want to break up with.”

“Think of it this way,” Eric told him hopefully, “its not like she doesn’t know its coming.”

~*~

The two days leading up to Sydney’s return from her lawyers conference in New York City, Michael was filled with so much anxiety regarding their break up conversation he could barely even sleep. Finally, once he knew Sydney had arrived home, he went over to her apartment. He knew that she most likely wouldn’t return his call for a few days because that’s what she did when she was upset, and he needed to talk to her then or risk chickening out. Michael had a key to her apartment (she’d let him keep the one she gave him for his Valentine’s Day surprise) but he felt that ringing the bell was best in this case.

When Sydney opened her apartment door, she looked haggard and annoyed. Considering the fact that she had just driven three hours home, this didn’t surprise Michael, but it made him feel bad about breaking up with her when she was already not in the best of moods. “This won’t take long, I promise. I just need to say a few things,” he told her. She nodded wordlessly and ushered him into the apartment.

“Look, this… this obviously isn’t news to you,” he began. “I want kids and I want a wife. I’m thirty-three and, frankly, I’d hoped I would have them, or at least one of them, by now and I don’t, which was one of the reasons I was so bitter about my birthday last year. What I’m trying to say is…I don’t want to break up with you, Sydney. I really, really care about you, but… but if you’re not going to consider marriage, then I guess I don’t have much of a choice and I’m sorry,” he told her.

She stared at him silently for several minutes, her expression unchanging, as the atmosphere grew progressively more awkward. “So… um…,” Michael said slowly, desperate for her to say anything.

She took a deep breath and opened her mouth slowly. “I’m pregnant.”

might be predictable but still... :devil: ehehehe

predicatble
omg i so didnt see that coming
oh
felgercarb
shes like gonna wonna hve an abortion or some felgercarb
felgercarb
ohh
intrestijg
too many words in my head
illcoem back when im more coherent
omg

:director: JANET!!!!!!!!!! WTH did you do???????? 🐟

First (WOW what a romantic Valentine's day...that was way :love:)

And now this?????????? :mad:

I mean, Vaughn shouldn't break up with her because of that... not in my POV at least :blush: But then again, it's his choice... I thought that she would be all devastated and eventually realise that he was going to be the one for her and that she'd at least reconsider her opinion about marriage. No need to have kids afterwards...

See now she's preggers, just because they couldn't keep control of their bodies :P :rolleyes:

Oh and BTW: in the previous chapter Sydney hinted to what to do... (till dinner was ready... 20 min). Then we realise that she hasn't been in either the bedroom or the bathroom. WTH have they been going at it? On the kitchen table???????????? :lol: :angelic:

Janet's soooo kinky it almost scares me :blink:

HOLY FING felgercarb!!!! THAT WAS SOOOOOOOOOOO NOT PREDICTABLE! I DID NOT SEE THAT ONE COMING THAT IS FOR SURE! OMG she's PREGNANT! oh man oh man oh man....................OMG.................OMG THIS IS UNBELIEVEABLE! Now's she's gonna be all pissed about it and Michael's gonna be all "yay we're having a baby!" and she's gonna be like "um yeah....not yay.......more like 'oh felgercarb'" and he's gonna be like "no this is the best thing ever....sydney I love you!" and she's gonna be like "yeah I love you too but I don't want to get married and I don't want your children so what now?" and he's gonna be like "well you're a lame hooker *ok maybe not that but it's my new term* and that's just too bad b/c guess what hun? You're PREGNANT!" and I could go on and on....but the point is..........OMG! can't wait for more!

Back