Classic Movies

I love all the Rogers and Hammersteins musicals... Oklahoma, State Fair, Carousel, The King and I, The Sound of Music, South Pacific, etc..... :smiley: Singin' in the Rain was good, The Music Man, My Fair Lady..........

I love old movies. My family watches them a lot. Has anyone seen Operation Petticoat w/ Cary Grant? It was FUNNY!! :rotflmao: I love Gregory Peck, Audrey Hepburn, Shirley Jones, etc. etc.

Movies are so much fun!

i love rodgers and hammerstein musicals! king and i is the best though! it is a puzzlement! excetra excetra..LOL shall we dance, 1 2 3 LOL, run eliza run!okay going to watch it!LOL

There are a huge amount of pictures on that list that I've seen and like. I'd like to add one that I re-visited simply because of Lena Olin and Juliette Binoche.
"The Unbelievable Lightness of Being" OMG! There is a scene with the two women that is incredible. Beautiful! :rolleyes: I don't think you can rent it anywhere (made in 1988) so you can spend a few dollars for the DVD and get it thru bn.com (Barnes and Noble) or try Amazon.com. My girlfriend who had not seen it was impressed how good a movie it was. (y) (y) (y)

So then I had to see another that both were in: Chocolat! Now I've seen that four times already. That may end up as one of my all time favorites. (y) (y) (y)

Gone With The Wind
Casablanca
It's A Wonderful Life
North by Northwest (any Hitchcock did) and more.
Practically every movie you all nominated.
(Some of these you have to see on TV, or buy)

Here's something you may or maynot know: Remember Gerard Cuvee in Passage II? Well, he played opposite Lena Olin in ULB as her lover, Franz. OMG I told my girlfriend, thats the guy who played Cuvee!! His name is Derek de Lint.

It's A Wonderful Life is such a classic.
My Fair Lady (love it)
The Sound of Music(classic)
Sarah Plain and Tall is a Halmark Classic.
So is Anne of Green Gables

lenafan said:
"The Unbelievable Lightness of Being" OMG! There is a scene with the two women that is incredible. Beautiful!
Isn't it The Unbearable Lightness of Being?
;)

sorry this is from some time back...also fred and ginger in royal wedding. that's the one with the really famous scene of fred dancing on the ceiling! also, i just saw rear window last night for the first time in a long time. made me think of more jimmy stewart (mr. smith goes to washington!) and grace kelly's in it too. she's my all-time favorite. so beautiful!

my favorite are :

"West side story"
"Fenêtre sur cours" sorry i don't know the english title (that's an Hitchcock movie with Grace Kelly and it takes place in an apartment)
"Victoria" i think it's the same title in english and french?! (also an Hitchcock movie)

Sophie said:
if you can tell me what are the english titles of the Hithcock movies, thanx !!
Look at his IMDB page. I hope that helps! I highly recommend Vertigo, The Birds, North by Northwest, Torn Curtain, The Man Who Knew Too Much, and Psycho. Although you can't go wrong with most of his films . . .
;)

West Side Story was pretty good too. To Kill A Mockingbird was a good interpretation of the book, but my favorite book to movie was Pride and Prejudice. The A & E version was so incredible, I couldn't sleep for nights!

Kalan said:
sorry this is from some time back...also fred and ginger in royal wedding. that's the one with the really famous scene of fred dancing on the ceiling! also, i just saw rear window last night for the first time in a long time. made me think of more jimmy stewart (mr. smith goes to washington!) and grace kelly's in it too. she's my all-time favorite. so beautiful!
...actually...and sadly...royal wedding doesnt have fred and ginger(his amour is played by anne churchill), but he does dance on the ceiling and its brilliant...
i love jimmy stewart! and grace kelly! so elegant and glamorous!!!!

Back